Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 14, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #8,012 of 12,862
Nov 14, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #8,014 of 12,862
Nov 14, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #8,016 of 12,862
My Zx300A just arrived,I’m sooooooo in love with it...
The sound is already too good,can’t believe it will improve over time..

BUT..
I have a problem,maybe for many of you this is not an issue but it’s a big one for me..
I have major problems with artworks....
I’ve tried all day long to find a program that restores cover art but to no avail...I’m using iTunes on a Mac mini late 2012 and I used the drag&drop method without using the Sony Content Transfer...
Please...can anyone help?

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #8,018 of 12,862

BUT..
I have a problem,maybe for many of you this is not an issue but it’s a big one for me..
I’ve tried all day long to find a program that restores cover art but to no avail...I’m using iTunes on a Mac mini late 2012 and I used the drag&drop method without using the Sony Content Transfer...
You can do it an album at a time with xACT - in the tab "tags". Just paste an image and click "Write tags". I don't know anything that can do it all automatically.

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #8,019 of 12,862
Nov 15, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #8,021 of 12,862

BUT..
Congrats on your zx300... After firwmware 2.0 update u can just put picture in the folder of music album and name the photo with the same name as foldsr itself. Works almost every time..

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #8,022 of 12,862
Congrats on your zx300... After firwmware 2.0 update u can just put picture in the folder of music album and name the photo with the same name as foldsr itself. Works almost every time..

Thanks for the tip but I’m struggling to find some OFFICIAL info's on how it works..so let me get this straight,let’s imagine I have two Frank Zappa's albums in my micro SD. “Bongo Fury” is already showing it’s artwork while “Apostrophe” does not. Where do I put the missing artwork,in the MUSIC -> Frank Zappa folder or in MUSIC -> Frank Zappa -> Apostrophe folder, naming the jpeg Apostrophe?

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #8,023 of 12,862
Thanks for the tip but I’m struggling to find some OFFICIAL info's on how it works..so let me get this straight,let’s imagine I have two Frank Zappa's albums in my micro SD. “Bongo Fury” is already showing it’s artwork while “Apostrophe” does not. Where do I put the missing artwork,in the MUSIC -> Frank Zappa folder or in MUSIC -> Frank Zappa -> Apostrophe folder, naming the jpeg Apostrophe?
You should put the jpeg in the album folder, so in this case in Apostrope, and name the file Apostrope(.jpg). Here I found the official information from sony, check out the link.
https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwzx300/v1/en/contents/TP0001449032.html

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #8,024 of 12,862
Nov 15, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #8,025 of 12,862
Thank you very much for your help,truly appreciated.
I think the file still needs to be in the correct format to work, it's normally the format that stops the ZX300 from showing the image regardless of where/how you've added it (tag or folder). I've not tidied mine up yet but think the main issue is with progressive format and then maybe size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back