Sony NW-ZX300
Jul 2, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #6,916 of 12,862
Lot of money at $249.00, plus tax. I saw a pic on Sony.ca and it has two connectors on each end. Where would the second connector go to on the ZX300? Or would you need a Y adapter?

Shane D
I think you found the wrong Cable. Check the MUC-B20SB1, it’s Balanced via the 4.4 pentacon out in zx300, NW1A/1Z.
And yes, Kimber Kable are pretty pricey, but I heard most people said it’s the best upgrade for the Z7/Z1R.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #6,917 of 12,862
I think you found the wrong Cable. Check the MUC-B20SB1, it’s Balanced via the 4.4 pentacon out in zx300, NW1A/1Z.
And yes, Kimber Kable are pretty pricey, but I heard most people said it’s the best upgrade for the Z7/Z1R.

You are correct. The one I was looking at was B20BL1, which is built like the balanced cable that came with the Z7's.

I can't find the one that you are referring to on the Canadian site. Maybe I'll check out the desktop site.

Shane D

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #6,918 of 12,862

Found the cable on Newegg in Canada. It is $299.00, plus tax (15%).

Shane D

Jul 2, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #6,920 of 12,862
Thanks, are you able to add tracks to the playlists on the ZX300?
Any externally created playlists cannot be edited on the ZX300.

Only the Japanese region code can create new playlists. Using the Roxbox tool you can change your region code to Japanese but keep your current language. Use search for how.

If you create an empty playlist file on your computer and copy it to the ZX300 you can add to it and edit on the player.

I wish Sony would have feature parity between the Japanese region code and the rest of the world for the ZX300 and WM1A/Z.

Jul 2, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #6,921 of 12,862
Hi All,

I'm new to Hi Res Audio. Spending last 7 days in this thread and finally done reading from page 1 to page 462 :sleeping:. Ordered my zx300 on 28 June and delivered on 29 June. Received my iBasso IT01 this morning, convinced by all the positive feedback in this thread. Next, need to decide on which IEM i should invest on for the balanced output, too many choices. I'm wondering should I just invest on mid range IEM between $300 ~ $600, while waiting for the new high end IEM.

Jul 2, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #6,922 of 12,862
Hi All,

... Next, need to decide on which IEM i should invest on for the balanced output, too many choices. I'm wondering should I just invest on mid range IEM between $300 ~ $600, while waiting for the new high end IEM.

I can easily suggest trying Acoustic Research AR-E10 IEMs. For the price point they sound great and include 4.4mm balanced cable (lesser-priced AR-E100 does not included balanced) AND Bluetooth adapter cable. There's not much for reviews on the E10 but you can find some commentary here. It is a good match for the ZX300 until you land on something's truly superior (likely a never ending journey :wink: )

Oh, and welcome to head-fi.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #6,923 of 12,862
Hi All,

I'm new to Hi Res Audio. Spending last 7 days in this thread and finally done reading from page 1 to page 462 :sleeping:. Ordered my zx300 on 28 June and delivered on 29 June. Received my iBasso IT01 this morning, convinced by all the positive feedback in this thread. Next, need to decide on which IEM i should invest on for the balanced output, too many choices. I'm wondering should I just invest on mid range IEM between $300 ~ $600, while waiting for the new high end IEM.

CampfireAudio Comet ($199) pairs very well with zx300.

Massdrop plus ($299) is another wonderful option.

There are excellent options like the 2 above that doesn't require us to sell our arm or leg or kidney :)

Jul 2, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #6,925 of 12,862
Don’t massdrop currently have the Lyra 2 for $399?
They did. I ordered a set. Massdrop ended a few days ago tho'. There will be another opportunity eventually.

Jul 2, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #6,926 of 12,862
@ linux4ever, peteh and Signal2Noise,

Definitely will check it out. Thanks. Actually, I'm tempting to get Campfire Audio Andromeda :L3000:. I do have the budget but wanted to do proper research and survey before pushing the button.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #6,927 of 12,862
Any externally created playlists cannot be edited on the ZX300.

Only the Japanese region code can create new playlists. Using the Roxbox tool you can change your region code to Japanese but keep your current language. Use search for how.

If you create an empty playlist file on your computer and copy it to the ZX300 you can add to it and edit on the player.

I wish Sony would have feature parity between the Japanese region code and the rest of the world for the ZX300 and WM1A/Z.
Thanks, I've been following the thread since last year and I know about the option to use the tool to change to Japanese. As the bookmark feature seems to achieve what I need for now I have put off doing that tweak as there was someone who bricked their player, and as simple as that process is, it sounds like something I might end up doing :scream: I'm also wondering if it may affect any future firmware updates?
I was just curious if anyone had discovered a way for externally created blank playlists to be added to on the player.

Jul 2, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #6,929 of 12,862
Thanks, I've been following the thread since last year and I know about the option to use the tool to change to Japanese. As the bookmark feature seems to achieve what I need for now I have put off doing that tweak as there was someone who bricked their player, and as simple as that process is, it sounds like something I might end up doing :scream: I'm also wondering if it may affect any future firmware updates?
I was just curious if anyone had discovered a way for externally created blank playlists to be added to on the player.
All that needs to be in the blank playlist file (for this example let's call the file Blank_Playlist.m3u) is the following:

#EXTM3U

This file can be anywhere on the internal memory or the SD card in the root MUSIC folder or any MUSIC sub-directory. You can have as many blank playlists as you want, just give them different names.

After you have copied the blank playlist you will see it's name as a playlist you can edit on your player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back