Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 13, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #6,136 of 12,862
i can dig that :) i apologize if i'm being oversensitive! just wanted to make the point that there are nonwhite americans :)

Point taken my friend I should have said Americans instead of us white folks, no offense meant I hope non taken, you too are included in that broad stroke I painted. :) The whole point being even Europe gets more Sony stuff and faster than US and yet we are the most rabid consumers in the world. Could have something to do with I-products.

Maybe Sony daps just don't sell very good here, so we get less and later idk. Again I apologise, it was just a silly generalization I used. I'm not very PC, most of the time :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #6,137 of 12,862
Point taken my friend I should have said Americans instead of us white folks, no offense meant I hope non taken, you too are included in that broad stroke I painted. :) The whole point being even Europe gets more Sony stuff and faster than US and yet we are the most rabid consumers in the world. Could have something to do with I-products.

Maybe Sony daps just don't sell very good here, so we get less and later idk. Again I apologise, it was just a silly generalization I used. I'm not very PC, most of the time :wink:
Hey I’m a white European, pay my taxes and am a ridiculously rabid consumer.

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #6,139 of 12,862

Thank you abitdeef - no hard feelings, I know it wasn't your intent to offend;

gosh, folks on headfi are so nice.

Not in my experience put a number of posts about this and the parallels software a few weeks ago. I got the A version from joybuy in the end. Actually found the volume capped version if not unusable certainly not worth using.

Using parallels with windows on a macbook seems like a mixed bag from what i've read in this thread; but I used a linux fedora livecd x64/64-bit image booting in parallels, downloded the linux version of nwdesttool using the bundled in firefox; and was done in < 5 minutes. bonus with the livecd is that there is no installation/setup required - just point the parallels machine's cd drive to the livecd .iso file and boot it up!

downside though is that you need to be somewhat familiar with the linux shell.. but it isn't too difficult. open up terminal, type in "sudo su", hit enter, then "cd Downloads" (or whatever that dir is, "ls" will show you), then ./sonynwdesttool /dev/sdb set J off, for example ( make sure the ./ bit is there)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #6,142 of 12,862

Ha ha I believe it! I still don't think anyone out does us mericans when it comes to buying crap you don't need and then getting bored with it and then tossing it and buying something 'new' that isn't needed and the cycle endlessly continues making the banks and credit card companies very, very happy.

I just realized I described some of us on head fi lol, except for the tossing the old gadjet out- we sell it to another member, and the cycle continues. I tell my friends and family when the comment about my portable audio fetish/obsession - hey at least I'm not doing crack! Ha ha shuts them right up.

And are they calling boot camp parallels now, or is that just what apple calls it in the UK?

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #6,143 of 12,862
Hi! The NW-ZX300 is a very nice device.
What I didn't understand looking online is if it is possible to install music streaming apps for online and offline use. Is this possible?
I use Deezer (mainly for the big database and good sq).

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #6,144 of 12,862
Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #6,145 of 12,862
Hi! The NW-ZX300 is a very nice device.
What I didn't understand looking online is if it is possible to install music streaming apps for online and offline use. Is this possible?
I use Deezer (mainly for the big database and good sq).
Asked and answered many times in this thread.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #6,147 of 12,862
Ha ha I believe it! I still don't think anyone out does us mericans when it comes to buying crap you don't need and then getting bored with it and then tossing it and buying something 'new' that isn't needed and the cycle endlessly continues making the banks and credit card companies very, very happy.

I just realized I described some of us on head fi lol, except for the tossing the old gadjet out- we sell it to another member, and the cycle continues. I tell my friends and family when the comment about my portable audio fetish/obsession - hey at least I'm not doing crack! Ha ha shuts them right up.

And are they calling boot camp parallels now, or is that just what apple calls it in the UK?
Oh I think Parallels is a separate product can use to run Windows on Apple but it throws up error message when you try and run the software to change region on Sony. Parallels support sold me the region/volume change software was defective. Which I don't believe. I just had a test version.

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #6,149 of 12,862
Yea.. we all put our music files to music folder.. ok?...
our music files are in the music folder..
İs it clear..?
But it does not play... can not delete or play!!!
Stop saying that " are you sure music folder bla bla..
İf you know something different please say that..
İf you had experience about errors " no song available" or can not playing flacs or dsds..
I am channal mapping my flacs with dbpoweramp.. some files could be fixed.. but for most of them,it does not works ...
I am so disappointed .. ı wish ı did not buy that zx300..

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #6,150 of 12,862
Yea.. we all put our music files to music folder.. ok?...
our music files are in the music folder..
İs it clear..?
But it does not play... can not delete or play!!!
Stop saying that " are you sure music folder bla bla..
İf you know something different please say that..
İf you had experience about errors " no song available" or can not playing flacs or dsds..
I am channal mapping my flacs with dbpoweramp.. some files could be fixed.. but for most of them,it does not works ...
I am so disappointed .. ı wish ı did not buy that zx300..

Take 2 Queludes and call me in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back