Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #6,121 of 12,862
are you sure? because i tried fiio l5 in a shop with zx300 (both was not for sale) and connection through wmport to 3.5mm was working just fine with fixed volume.
so... that is not a lineout?

Positive. I don't know what you are using but the WM Port for ZX300 and the WM1 series only outputs digital.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #6,122 of 12,862
ZX300 doesn't support analogue line out on the wmport.
I remember somewhere I have a wm-port to 3.5mm adapter I had bought when I had my old A15 to try with an amp/dac, would that have been analogue out?

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #6,123 of 12,862
Thanks. Emptied and reformatted card as exFAT, player still won't recognize it. Will pick up and try another card, but wonder now if there's some fault in the unit, which would mean a trip back overseas. Ach.

Have you tried any other microsd's in your zx300? It doesn't have to be a massive capacity card just for testing purposes. I must have at least 20 microsd cards around the house being used in cameras, video game consoles, my car, etc. I probably would've resorted to trying one or more of them before I even thought about getting other persons involved.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #6,124 of 12,862
Apologies if this sounds insulting, is the card the right way up? On an older device I once in haste put a card in the wrong way up - these days the cards are shaped so it shouldn't be possible.

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #6,125 of 12,862
Honestly I think the only way for us white folks ( am I allowed to say that ? ) is amazon Japan. Several members have bought stuff off there, and at good prices depending on currency values. Their stuff looks very quality and not too bulky lol like the Sony kimber cables.

Ha I guess I should have said, non Asian :wink:

Hey now - there are a large contingent of us asian americans - asian by genetics, but born here 100% american (and some, naturalized). we pay our taxes, we work hard, we vote, and (not me but some) serve in the military; imo we are 100% as american as any other "white" folk.

yet because of our appearance we're always considered foreign, even in our own country :frowning2:

Back on topic - I'm glad everyone is able to create playlists now that region is set back to "J". I've been populating all my playlists and really enjoying the form factor of this device; strangely, more than the sound, what I *really* love is the matte screen! The sound is fantastic out of my noble kaiser encores; however, I feel that the AK240SS is a little more clear and dynamic when it comes to detail For the difference in price though, it should be :) but strangely, the zx300 just sounds more musical and fun to me!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #6,126 of 12,862
Hey now - there are a large contingent of us asian americans - asian by genetics, but born here 100% american (and some, naturalized). we pay our taxes, we work hard, we vote, and (not me but some) serve in the military; imo we are 100% as american as any other "white" folk.

yet because of our appearance we're always considered foreign, even in our own country :frowning2:

Back on topic - I'm glad everyone is able to create playlists now that region is set back to "J". I've been populating all my playlists and really enjoying the form factor of this device; strangely, more than the sound, what I *really* love is the matte screen! The sound is fantastic out of my noble kaiser encores; however, I feel that the AK240SS is a little more clear and dynamic. For the difference in price though, it should be :)

off topic but you get a thumbs up from this redneck

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #6,127 of 12,862
off topic but you get a thumbs up from this redneck

haha thank you - i love america and it's the only home I know, so it always hurts me deep when I am assumed to be foreign based on my appearance!

sorry to go off topic, didn't mean to get on a soapbox.

I will also add, to be back on topic; the zx300 drives my audeze lcd-xc via 4.4 balanced as well as, if not a smidge better, than my kann does via its 2.5mm balanced!! real impressive for a unit this size and cost! i think the ak might have a bit more clarity and sharp-edged detail to my ears; but to me the zx300 sounds much more musical and foot-tap inducing!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #6,128 of 12,862

yet because of our appearance we're always considered foreign, even in our own country
:frowning2:

Back on topic - I'm glad everyone is able to create playlists now that region is set back to "J". I've been populating all my playlists and really enjoying the form factor of this device; strangely, more than the sound, what I *really* love is the matte screen! The sound is fantastic out of my noble kaiser encores; however, I feel that the AK240SS is a little more clear and dynamic. For the difference in price though, it should be :)

I don't think he meant it like that, I think he was talking location, not race. As in Asia, West (usa-white), EU etc. :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #6,129 of 12,862
I don't think he meant it like that, I think he was talking location, not race.

i can dig that :) i apologize if i'm being oversensitive! just wanted to make the point that there are nonwhite americans :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #6,130 of 12,862
I remember somewhere I have a wm-port to 3.5mm adapter I had bought when I had my old A15 to try with an amp/dac, would that have been analogue out?

Previously Walkmans all support analogue out. It's only since the A30, series, WM1 series and ZX300 that they removed it due to EMI concerns with routing the analogue signal right next to the digital block with minimal shielding.

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #6,131 of 12,862
i can dig that :) i apologize if i'm being oversensitive! just wanted to make the point that there are nonwhite americans :)
Haha, Trump has brought that to our attention already

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #6,132 of 12,862
Previously Walkmans all support analogue out. It's only since the A30, series, WM1 series and ZX300 that they removed it due to EMI concerns with routing the analogue signal right next to the digital block with minimal shielding.
Thanks for the info, I'm not that knowledgeable about these details.

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #6,133 of 12,862
Thanks for the info, I'm not that knowledgeable about these details.

A lot of these details are only available in Japanese which makes them hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back