1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419
Next

Last
  1. Hanafuda
    Have you tried any other microsd's in your zx300? It doesn't have to be a massive capacity card just for testing purposes. I must have at least 20 microsd cards around the house being used in cameras, video game consoles, my car, etc. I probably would've resorted to trying one or more of them before I even thought about getting other persons involved.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Hinomotocho
    Apologies if this sounds insulting, is the card the right way up? On an older device I once in haste put a card in the wrong way up - these days the cards are shaped so it shouldn't be possible.

3. kertong
    Hey now - there are a large contingent of us asian americans - asian by genetics, but born here 100% american (and some, naturalized). we pay our taxes, we work hard, we vote, and (not me but some) serve in the military; imo we are 100% as american as any other "white" folk.

yet because of our appearance we're always considered foreign, even in our own country :frowning2:

Back on topic - I'm glad everyone is able to create playlists now that region is set back to "J". I've been populating all my playlists and really enjoying the form factor of this device; strangely, more than the sound, what I *really* love is the matte screen! The sound is fantastic out of my noble kaiser encores; however, I feel that the AK240SS is a little more clear and dynamic when it comes to detail For the difference in price though, it should be :) but strangely, the zx300 just sounds more musical and fun to me!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  4. Hanafuda

off topic but you get a thumbs up from this redneck

kertong likes this.
  5. kertong
    haha thank you - i love america and it's the only home I know, so it always hurts me deep when I am assumed to be foreign based on my appearance!

sorry to go off topic, didn't mean to get on a soapbox.

I will also add, to be back on topic; the zx300 drives my audeze lcd-xc via 4.4 balanced as well as, if not a smidge better, than my kann does via its 2.5mm balanced!! real impressive for a unit this size and cost! i think the ak might have a bit more clarity and sharp-edged detail to my ears; but to me the zx300 sounds much more musical and foot-tap inducing!

Hanafuda likes this.
  6. Blommen
    I don't think he meant it like that, I think he was talking location, not race. As in Asia, West (usa-white), EU etc. :)

kertong likes this.
  7. kertong
    i can dig that :) i apologize if i'm being oversensitive! just wanted to make the point that there are nonwhite americans :)

torifile and Blommen like this.
  8. nanaholic
    Previously Walkmans all support analogue out. It's only since the A30, series, WM1 series and ZX300 that they removed it due to EMI concerns with routing the analogue signal right next to the digital block with minimal shielding.

9. Hinomotocho
    Haha, Trump has brought that to our attention already

10. Hinomotocho
    Thanks for the info, I'm not that knowledgeable about these details.

11. nanaholic
    A lot of these details are only available in Japanese which makes them hard to find.

Hinomotocho likes this.
  12. Original jungle
    remove the volume cap, can this be done on a macbook?

13. peteh
    Not in my experience put a number of posts about this and the parallels software a few weeks ago. I got the A version from joybuy in the end. Actually found the volume capped version if not unusable certainly not worth using.

14. abitdeef

Point taken my friend I should have said Americans instead of us white folks, no offense meant I hope non taken, you too are included in that broad stroke I painted. :) The whole point being even Europe gets more Sony stuff and faster than US and yet we are the most rabid consumers in the world. Could have something to do with I-products.

Maybe Sony daps just don't sell very good here, so we get less and later idk. Again I apologise, it was just a silly generalization I used. I'm not very PC, most of the time :wink:

kertong likes this.
  15. peteh
    Hey I’m a white European, pay my taxes and am a ridiculously rabid consumer.

First

Back
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419
Next

Last