Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 13, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #6,151 of 12,862
Seems something is up with your music files. Do those very files play on another device properly?

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #6,152 of 12,862
Seems something is up with your music files. Do those very files play on another device properly?

yes they plays well... there is no problem in my android phone ( works in usb player pro with no problem ) .. sometimes when zx300 can't play some files, it restarts ... I made firmware update.. mine 300A model and bought from china. maybe I have to change its regional settings to europe but not an experience on these things.. so I have an marvelous player on my hand and it could only plays 20 songs.. (my music archieve is about 3 tb of flac and dsd... )

I think " 2 Queludes " may not enough for me.. :)
I am from Turkey and even auth. Seller does not know any thing about zx300 yet.. :)
I was hoping to find something useful here but Infortunately nothing will help me I think.. bad luck..

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #6,153 of 12,862
yes they plays well... there is no problem in my android phone ( works in usb player pro with no problem ) .. sometimes when zx300 can't play some files, it restarts ... I made firmware update.. mine 300A model and bought from china. maybe I have to change its regional settings to europe but not an experience on these things.. so I have an marvelous player on my hand and it could only plays 20 songs.. (my music archieve is about 3 tb of flac and dsd... )

I think " 2 Queludes " may not enough for me.. :)
I am from Turkey and even auth. Seller does not know any thing about zx300 yet.. :)
I was hoping to find something useful here but Infortunately nothing will help me I think.. bad luck..

Are you using a micro sd card? If so, maybe it's formatted wrong? I'm reaching for straws here. I mean only 20 files are playing and I don't think sonys are really picky on file types and encoding. And I don't recall any of the other 300A owners having trouble playing files.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #6,154 of 12,862
I've already posted about this in the Z1R thread so wth -- it's looking like the wm1a is being discontinued. Maybe Sony, or the market, isn't seeing enough distinction b/n the 1A and the zx300 to justify keeping the 1A on shelves anymore? I dropped by Sony's jp website today, and the walkman page is now set up as different series, i.e. WM1 series, ZX series, A series, S series, W series.

https://www.sony.jp/walkman/?s_pid=jp_top_PRODUCTS_WALKMAN

The "WM1 series" links to the 1Z only. There is no 1A listed or linked. Yes, you can still get to the 1A product page by using the in-site search engine on the homepage, but hey I can still get to the MDR-MA900 product page that way too. It can also be accessed by clicking the 'show all' button at the bottom of the page, which will also show you the zx100. But I think it's removal from the "WM1 series" feature link means something. Like maybe no new production, like the mdr-Z7 for example.

I could be dead wrong about this. I haven't seen any announcement or anything. The US Sony website is unchanged and I'm sure most others are too. The 1A lives on until they're all sold. But yeah.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #6,155 of 12,862
Are you using a micro sd card? If so, maybe it's formatted wrong? I'm reaching for straws here. I mean only 20 files are playing and I don't think sonys are really picky on file types and encoding. And I don't recall any of the other 300A owners having trouble playing files.
I am using an 64gb sandisk msdcard.. tried three differebt cards ..even in the main memory same problem accurs... by the way a return two times to factory settings and format the sdcards by zx300 itself...
In my opinion , its about some stupid things about language settings.. maybe if I could able use the "sonynwdesttool" for changing my regional settings C to E... maybe becouse of something different..
Whatever..it seems Nothing possible to do right now..
An Excuse for everybody here but I am really sad about this situation.. :frowning2:
Thanks for the attention...

Apr 14, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #6,156 of 12,862
I am using an 64gb sandisk msdcard.. tried three differebt cards ..even in the main memory same problem accurs... by the way a return two times to factory settings and format the sdcards by zx300 itself...
In my opinion , its about some stupid things about language settings.. maybe if I could able use the "sonynwdesttool" for changing my regional settings C to E... maybe becouse of something different..
Whatever..it seems Nothing possible to do right now..
An Excuse for everybody here but I am really sad about this situation.. :frowning2:
Thanks for the attention...

That does suck, there are detailed instructions on how to change regions on this thread. At this point what could it hurt to try? I think mine is set to C also, but all my files are fine.

Apr 14, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #6,157 of 12,862
Yea.. we all put our music files to music folder.. ok?...
our music files are in the music folder..
İs it clear..?
But it does not play... can not delete or play!!!
Stop saying that " are you sure music folder bla bla..
İf you know something different please say that..
İf you had experience about errors " no song available" or can not playing flacs or dsds..
I am channal mapping my flacs with dbpoweramp.. some files could be fixed.. but for most of them,it does not works ...
I am so disappointed .. ı wish ı did not buy that zx300..
I think I was the first one to ask about the music folder. Simply because mine didn’t work because it never occurred to me it needed to be in the music folder. Sorry for trying to help.

Apr 14, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #6,158 of 12,862
I think I was the first one to ask about the music folder. Simply because mine didn’t work because it never occurred to me it needed to be in the music folder. Sorry for trying to help.
If you check the troubleshooting on any gadget manual they always try to eliminate the obvious first eg problem: gadget not working - solution: is the gadget plugged in? etc.
I had not seen your post and had also suggested the same thing.

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #6,164 of 12,862

Users who are viewing this thread

Back