Sony NW-ZX300
Apr 11, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #6,106 of 12,862
Yeo -- still no dice. I'm using SanDisk cards formatted FAT32, so have begin the tedious process of swapping the music off, reformatting as ExFAT, swapping the music back on, and trying again. May also grab a 128 or 200GB card as backup.

Really like the sound, features and UI (for the most part) coming from an X5. Not really a portable listener anymore, but finding the 300 a nice all-in-one solution for my needs. Or I hope to, once I have tunes. :L3000:
What format is your music in?

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #6,107 of 12,862
If you format the microSD in the player it's formatted as exFAT. Make sure you don't delete any of the files in the root folder of the microSD and store all music with the proper filename extensions in the Music folder.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #6,108 of 12,862
What format is your music in?

Various. Everything transferred to the onboard memory works perfectly. No worries there.

If you format the microSD in the player it's formatted as exFAT. Make sure you don't delete any of the files in the root folder of the microSD and store all music with the proper filename extensions in the Music folder.

Will do, Player presently not recognizing SDs, so won't format them, Will try formatting through disk utility and re-insert.

thanks again all,

o

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #6,109 of 12,862
Various. Everything transferred to the onboard memory works perfectly. No worries there.

Will do, Player presently not recognizing SDs, so won't format them, Will try formatting through disk utility and re-insert.

thanks again all,

o
Did you try booting/turning on with the sdcard inserted. May not help but worth a try, it might recognise it on it's boot up process

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #6,110 of 12,862
I had the same issue and created a folder labeled Music and dragged and dropped files in the folder and it was fine.

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #6,111 of 12,862

Thanks. Emptied and reformatted card as exFAT, player still won't recognize it. Will pick up and try another card, but wonder now if there's some fault in the unit, which would mean a trip back overseas. Ach.

Apr 12, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #6,112 of 12,862
Onso balanced cable received.
It look better than the pictures on Amazon.co.jp.
It's lightweight and fall perfectly behind my ears.
I've just started the burn sequence on the balanced output (continuous playback).

Onso - IECT-03-BL4C.jpg

I've bought Onso iect-03-bl4c balanced cable 4 months ago now and the cable sheath on one side is loosen. I always take great care of my audio stuff.
Cable still works but I'm afraid that it will probably break without sheath protection.
I've sent an email to Onso Customer Support. Wait & see...

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #6,113 of 12,862

thanks again all,

o
I had this problem with my SanDisk card. I formatted it on my mobile Galaxy S7 and it was recognised by the ZX300. I formatted it again on the ZX300 and copied the files into the Music folder and no problems ever since.

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #6,114 of 12,862
So this works on other models? I thought it was only on the models that were from Japan (J)?
Does this hack reset the whole device - ie. you lose your burn-in hour counter?

Works fine on my device (bought from UK).
Did set Regioncode to J.

$ sudo ./scsitool_64-nwz-v19 /dev/sdc dest_tool set J off
Model: NW-ZX300
Series: NW-ZX300 Series
Destination successfully changed.
Please RESET ALL SETTINGS on your device!

$ sudo ./scsitool_64-nwz-v19 /dev/sdc dest_tool get
Model: NW-ZX300
Series: NW-ZX300 Series
Destination: J (0)
Sound pressure: 0 (off)

8 sec powerbutton-press to restart.
language stayed on english
as far as i can see all settings (playback, dsee,....) still there and I can create playlists, rename playlists

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #6,115 of 12,862
This may have been asked already (I did search this thread), but what is the largest capacity microSD card that works with the Sony NW-ZX300?

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #6,116 of 12,862
This may have been asked already (I did search this thread), but what is the largest capacity microSD card that works with the Sony NW-ZX300?
Can confirm that 400gb work. Not sure if you even need more than that :)
Unless you have golden ears and all of your collection is DSD

Apr 12, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #6,117 of 12,862
Can confirm that 400gb work. Not sure if you even need more than that :)
Unless you have golden ears and all of your collection is DSD

Heh heh, I think 400gb will do. :) Thanks!

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #6,119 of 12,862
is 3.5mm is a decent substitude for lineout to external amp or i definitely need to get wmport to 3.5mm adapter?

ZX300 doesn't support analogue line out on the wmport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back