1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469
Next

Last
  1. kms108
    So you agree on the SQ of the EX800 with SE, on the ZX300.

But they sound great on the ZX 2 and a smartphone on SE.

2. Hinomotocho
    I only briefly listened to them on my ZX300 SE that at that time had about 2 hours burn-in, so maybe not a fair go for them, but they didn't grab me like the EX600 (from memory).
    A few years ago I nearly bought the EX600, but after demoing the XBA-A3 I decided on those.

3. kms108
    Did you know a brand new pair of EX600 now cost almost, as much as 2 pairs of the EX1000.

4. Qrays34
    Quick question again:
    Is $190 a fair price for an upgrade to the MUC-M12SB1 (Kimber Kable mmcx to 4.4), to pair with my Z5? I’ve already own a DIY C6N-6core-copper cable (cost about $100).
    I’ve asked this question once, sorry for repeating it. But damn it’s still in my mind... :’(
    So, should I go for that thick and heavy and pricey Kable? Or save it to invest in other shiet?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  5. mutnai
    try to massage that zone. not too hard.
    i had 10 or more. now, after that only 2 or 3 remains
    it's normal to have 1 white dot/pixel

6. Hinomotocho
    I did not know that! About 3 years ago it was priced to go at Yodobashi Camera

7. kms108
    Mine is 7 old now, and like new.

Hinomotocho likes this.
  8. abitdeef
    Hi guys, due to some unfortunate events (house expenses) I am in need of cash. So I am selling my mint ZX300 and official Sony case for 420.00 US. shipped. Domestic shipping preffered, if you want international shipping you have pay all but 7 dollars ( what usps priority costs in the states. ) And international shipping even to Canada is like 30 dollars or so.

Anyways if you're interested, send me a pm and of course I have pics. I take care of my stuff and the unit is Mint and includes everything. For more selling history you can check out my old head fi ID- ihatepopupads. I haven't even listed it yet on here.

Scott.

Oh and after dealing with our dumb postal employees, I can't ship international unless you can do first class which can take forever. Every other service is just too damn expensive.

9. GreenBow
    I would email the company and ask them what they think. They might offer you a small partial refund, making the deal irresistible. You could ask them to do that.

Up to you really. If I got a good price, I think I would keep it. I weigh up resale value, vs cost to environment to ship and replace screen. Or replace unit. ... I'd be looking for that small part refund from the retailer.

10. GreenBow
    These are great posts. I have been putting off buying the ZX300 because of worry about volume cap. I am nervous about flashing the DAP, in case I brick it, or void warranty.

However I am sure I read a post where someone said they changed the region of the zx300 to china, but the language stayed in English. Doing it circumvented the EU volume cap. I am goig to do a search on this thread to find that post, just to be sure.

I actually made a thread about this. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/eu-...atched_thread_reply_messagetext#post-14323114

I was asking more generally about the EU volume cap, rather than only in relation to this DAP. Asking if the ZX300 would be loud enough for 'normal' listening levels. I intend to try my first pair of IEMs when I get a DAP. Meaning I will get some isolation. I am thinking about the AKG N40 because they don't quite isolate, so I can hear traffic a bit.

Going from what you folks said, then the ZX300 should be loud enough for me. I go generally with the rule, not to turn music up to drown out background noise. Basically because music was at the comfortable level you wanted before background noise. .. However it's almost impossible to avoid upping the volume a tiny bit, when I use my Sennhesier MX300 with iPod Shuffle. They are cheap old style earphones, that do not isolate.

Anyway I think you have set my mind to rest. Time to buy my DAP I think. I generally only use up to 32ohm headphones. Also I doubt I would buy high impedance headphones to play with a ZX300 anyway.

11. mutnai
    We spoke about this before...

You may be seeing one or more of the greater than 2,000,000 dots (also known as pixels) that make up the composition of the LCD or OLED screens. These dots may appear red, green, blue, white, or black.

We manufacture durable LCD and OLED screens with high precision technology.

In all LCD and OLED screens, there's a chance that a small number of pixels don't change color. This is normal for all LCD and OLED screens from all manufacturers. Most defects are noticeable only when an all-white or all-black picture shows. They shouldn't be noticeable under normal operation.

Because a defective pixel or pixels is normal on all LCD or OLED screens, there's a high chance that a replacement screen may also have them. It could have more defective pixels or the pixels may appear in a more noticeable position than on the one it replaced.

Note:
    Debris on the screen can appear as dead or defective pixels. Clean the screen thoroughly with a soft, dry cloth to confirm whether or not the issue is actually a defective pixel or due to just dirt or debris.
    Sometimes dead or defective pixels correct themselves over time.

12. GreenBow
    I ordered my ZX300.

Hope to goodness I don't get the issue of finding it hard to get music onto it. Might be easier to drop everything onto a card.

13. Hinomotocho
    It seems rare to have issues with transferring music. I know some people prefer to use an all in one software option, but personally I feel it is better to take the time to correctly tag my music, then transfer by drag and drop, then you have know everything is exactly how you want it.

superuser1 and GreenBow like this.
  14. Signal2Noise
    The only issue I've experienced with music loaded on an SD card in ZX300 was a couple of instances of unrecognized album art. Even though everything is properly tagged and most have the album art embedded there were two stubborn cases with no image showing. The art would show up on EVERY OTHER DEVICE in my possession. In the end I had to delete the art and redownload new art/re-embed to the ID3 tag and then they finally took. Just weird.

GreenBow likes this.
  15. GreenBow
    Thank you folks, for giving me some confidence. ZX300 should arrive tomorrow.

I was having slight second thoughts tonight, thinking should I have waited longer. Or bought the A&K 70; (not the Mk 2). The A&K 70 goes for less that £400 on Amazon UK. No volume cap. While the ZX300 was £460. I much prefer the ZX300 battery life though.

Also, I wrote a thread about my concerns about the volume cap, and posted the link in this thread. Some folks saw it and posted. ... However at the end of my thinking, I think the volume cap might work in my favour. It's like I said, on my iPod Shuffle, I sometimes turn up the volume to cover road noise, if I am out walking. We are really not supposed to do that, which makes total sense. .. having a volume cap could protect my hearing. Also it will make me make the effort to get some more isolating earphones. Meaning I won't need the volume turned up. It should be good all round.

I understand that the volume cap also affects what ohmage headphones can be used. However I really can not see me using more than 20 ohm headphones. The ZX300 should handle that. If not then, I will simply have to do some changes to the volume cap.

In the end I could not wait any longer. I miss having music on the go.

First

Back
449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469
Next

Last