Sony NW-ZX300
Feb 24, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #4,981 of 12,862
From what i have read, the minute you engage the balanced out the SE is cut out.

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #4,982 of 12,862
Maybe a dumb question but....

Can you hurt the device if you play while having both SE and balanced plugged in at same time? Will it output to both or default to just one? I'd love to A/B the outputs at the same time but thought it safer to ask first.
You select which output is used via the menu, I don't believe you can have both play at the same time because of this.

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #4,983 of 12,862
You select which output is used via the menu, I don't believe you can have both play at the same time because of this.
I dont think thats right.
Maybe a dumb question but....

Can you hurt the device if you play while having both SE and balanced plugged in at same time? Will it output to both or default to just one? I'd love to A/B the outputs at the same time but thought it safer to ask first.
You can plug in both at the same time, but balanced take priority above SE

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #4,988 of 12,862
I've been listening to Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago on the ZX300 (SE). I used to dismiss it as some plebs music, but really loving it on the ZX300. Or maybe my taste has changed :)

Since I've bought some of the latest gear I also find myself listening to stuff I wouldn't normally bother with (Bjork, Rose Royce). These albums sound much more dynamic instruments having greater seperation and wider soundstage. Makes me realise how sub-par my older players were (which I thought good at the time like early cowons, Sony's and Sansa's).

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #4,991 of 12,862
I searched for the diagrams but could not find anything. Do you have a link?

Give me a bit, its just a picture telling you what caps are used by what output. I will try later but I'm sick as F right now :frowning2:

Ok go to page 28 of this thread to see pics and explanation of how many caps are used on each output.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #4,993 of 12,862
Alright guys, forgive me because I don’t know much about memory cards and such, but I would like to get a memory card for the zx300. What’s the minimum class I need for it to work with high Rez files. Trying to keep costs down. How much should I be paying for 256gb ideally. They seem to run the full gamut. Different classes, speeds, etc. do I need one for 150 dollars or will a 25 dollar one work? This is all new territory for me. Thanks. Links would be awesome, if you’d be so kind. I’m at a family dinner right now, and all I think about is getting home to load my zx up with music, albeit on the on board memory. Lol.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #4,994 of 12,862
Alright guys, forgive me because I don’t know much about memory cards and such, but I would like to get a memory card for the zx300. What’s the minimum class I need for it to work with high Rez files. Trying to keep costs down. How much should I be paying for 256gb ideally. They seem to run the full gamut. Different classes, speeds, etc. do I need one for 150 dollars or will a 25 dollar one work? This is all new territory for me. Thanks. Links would be awesome, if you’d be so kind. I’m at a family dinner right now, and all I think about is getting home to load my zx up with music, albeit on the on board memory. Lol.
Any memory card that states micro sdxc class 10 will do.

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #4,995 of 12,862

be careful of counterfeit cards, buy from a reputable seller.
i dont think there's a legit 256gb card for 25 bucks, it should cost around $100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back