Sony NW-ZX300
Feb 23, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #4,966 of 12,862
Wow, you guys weren't kidding when I read about how much of an upgrade it is from a Sony NW-A45 to Sony ZX-300... 10 hours burned in for now but I am loving it... now to get myself some balanced 4.4 cables :o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:
At high gain, volume level 70 with iBasso IT01 - and I can really hear someone laugh before the cowbell in Africa's intro.

CVrbnw1.jpg

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #4,967 of 12,862
Wow, you guys weren't kidding when I read about how much of an upgrade it is from a Sony NW-A45 to Sony ZX-300... 10 hours burned in for now but I am loving it... now to get myself some balanced 4.4 cables :o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:
At high gain, volume level 70 with iBasso IT01 - and I can really hear someone laugh before the cowbell in Africa's intro.

CVrbnw1.jpg
Wait till you go balanced :wink:

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #4,968 of 12,862
Playing DSD from my android phone to the zx300 in USB DAC mode.

IMG_20180224_100856.jpg

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #4,970 of 12,862
Aliexpress is a good vendor, I got my Shanling M2 from there. Only thing was weird is when I joined they had me send them ID and credit cards pics. Maybe cause I'm from merica? After that a pleasure to deal with. I also love Acessory jackson 5!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #4,971 of 12,862
Aliexpress is a good vendor, I got my Shanling M2 from there. Only thing was weird is when I joined they had me send them ID and credit cards pics. Maybe cause I'm from merica? After that a pleasure to deal with.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #4,972 of 12,862
Aliexpress is a good vendor, I got my Shanling M2 from there. Only thing was weird is when I joined they had me send them ID and credit cards pics. Maybe cause I'm from merica? After that a pleasure to deal with.
People in China are also afraid of fraud too, just like people around the world, but I never encountered that problem., I'm from Hong Kong, but I buy from taobao more than AliExpress, due to shipping consolidation and cheaper shipping, AliExpress charge more on the product and shipping cost, but target areas out of Asia.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #4,973 of 12,862
Well folks, i got home late, should be sleeping, but i had to open my ZX300 and play. dragged some preliminary tracks to play with it. I have it on direct audio as it ships and it sounds incredible stone cold out of the box through the SE output without any burn in. I am VERY impressed with it. Yep, album art is very hit and miss, will address that when I have some time off. I dunno if this has been mentioned- but turning off the bluetooth, (especially deselecting NFC, as mine was default set to on) opens the stage noticeably. Turning off NFC is necessary IMHO. when its checked on some air and space is lost. My iPhone 6s sounds like a turd wrapped in wax paper, playing a mono signal by comparison. So THIS is what my XBA-H3 sounds like huh, I cant believe these are the same IEM's. I'm literally swimming in grogeous sound, and Its only 320kb Mp3 This is a freaking game changer. I have to sleep, but I feel like dancing. And If this is what it sounds like without any break in, on SE, I cant imagine what is on the horizon. SQ, is a grand slam. I think its pretty full bodied enough atm, but I think the bass will fill out with break in however. Can you tell Im excited? I haven't been this excited since my Anniversary cassette walkman in the early nineties. Welcome back WALKMAN!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #4,974 of 12,862
you have an IT01 as well right? which cable did you go with?
I am using a $40 cable from AE. I am not very very happy with it. I would suggest to spend a little more and go with either a pure copper or silver plated copper cable as @Dsnuts suggested above.

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #4,975 of 12,862
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #4,976 of 12,862
Well folks, i got home late, should be sleeping, but i had to open my ZX300 and play. dragged some preliminary tracks to play with it. I have it on direct audio as it ships and it sounds incredible stone cold out of the box through the SE output without any burn in. I am VERY impressed with it. Yep, album art is very hit and miss, will address that when I have some time off. I dunno if this has been mentioned- but turning off the bluetooth, (especially deselecting NFC, as mine was default set to on) opens the stage noticeably. Turning off NFC is necessary IMHO. when its checked on some air and space is lost. My iPhone 6s sounds like a turd wrapped in wax paper, playing a mono signal by comparison. So THIS is what my XBA-H3 sounds like huh, I cant believe these are the same IEM's. I'm literally swimming in grogeous sound, and Its only 320kb Mp3 This is a freaking game changer. I have to sleep, but I feel like dancing. And If this is what it sounds like without any break in, on SE, I cant imagine what is on the horizon. SQ, is a grand slam. I think its pretty full bodied enough atm, but I think the bass will fill out with break in however. Can you tell Im excited? I haven't been this excited since my Anniversary cassette walkman in the early nineties. Welcome back WALKMAN!
I heard that the H3 sound really good balanced, they usually get poor ratings

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #4,978 of 12,862
i have no complaints atm, SE. I think they sound great :) Cant wait to go balanced! any idea on how to get that cool power visualizer with the meters going on this thing?
settings --> display type/screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back