Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 17, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #2,823 of 12,862
Curious thing happened to me today. I was listening to that wonderful dutch group 'De Staat' when suddenly I heard 4-5 beeps and then the music stopped. 8 hours since last full charge, I thought 'not the battery already!'.
I reached to the player in my pocket. It wasn't off but there were a volume message warning (too high). Weard thing since player is uncapped.
Volume was 103.
Ghost on rockbox wiki it’s write for « CEW2 » >>> capped and volume warning (check the volume level at some point)
Maybee it’s your answer, pass it on « E » :wink:

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #2,826 of 12,862
Has anyone tried the zx300 with campfire andromeda? How's the sound with them? Any hissing?

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #2,827 of 12,862
Has anyone tried the zx300 with campfire andromeda? How's the sound with them? Any hissing?
No hissing at all, just can heard a little tick sound before playing a dsd track, maybe a process switching sound for native dsd? No noise during song playback, andromeda’s sound signature seems like a perfect match with what zx300 can reproduce:beyersmile:

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #2,828 of 12,862

No hissing at all, just can heard a little tick sound before playing a dsd track, maybe a process switching sound for native dsd? No noise during song playback, andromeda’s sound signature seems like a perfect match with what zx300 can reproduce:beyersmile:

I'm torn between a used ZX2 and the ZX300. I don't use streaming services so ZX300 might be a good choice after all you said.

Are you using balanced or SE? I heard balanced is a whole lot better on this device.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #2,829 of 12,862
I'm torn between a used ZX2 and the ZX300. I don't use streaming services so ZX300 might be a good choice after all you said.

Are you using balanced or SE? I heard balanced is a whole lot better on this device.

If you don't use streaming then easily it's the ZX300 vs the ZX2 for SQ, size, ease of use. I've had both.

Balanced best but SE great too.

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #2,830 of 12,862
@Brice d’Oliveira Any idea what you're going to do next? If I were you, I would push Sony support France really really hard. I did it back then with my Vaio laptop.

Sometimes you have to persevere as nicely as you can :) I wouldn't lose hope, there's no hardware corrupt on your player so it seems a full reset would do the trick, but I can't fidn it in the user guide/

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #2,831 of 12,862

From what I gather, the only thing that used ZX2 would have going for it, is that it will be burned-in already. The ZX300 will need some 200hrs for each output.
And the SE is very good on the ZX300. I've completely forgot about the balanced output, as I'm so enjoying the SE, even though I've only 100hrs now.

The burn-in process on this device is very real btw. The changes in sq are quite substantial with each 50 hrs.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #2,832 of 12,862
From what I gather, the only thing that used ZX2 would have going for it, is that it will be burned-in already. The ZX300 will need some 200hrs for each output.
And the SE is very good on the ZX300. I've completely forgot about the balanced output, as I'm so enjoying the SE, even though I've only 100hrs now.

The burn-in process on this device is very real btw. The changes in sq are quite substantial with each 50 hrs.
Is there a counter in the settings to tell you how many hours burned through each output?

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #2,833 of 12,862
Sorry to repost this but I’m still confused. What is the best way to add music with a mac? Add all of the albums to a MicroSD card directly from Mac first, then insert the card into the zx300? Or insert the empty card first into the zx300, and then use Content Transfer to move files over to the zx-300 that is connected to the computer? I have about 184GB of music to add, and a 200GB card, and both the player and the card are currently empty..

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #2,834 of 12,862
Sorry to repost this but I’m still confused. What is the best way to add music with a mac? Add all of the albums to a MicroSD card first, then insert the card? Or insert the empty card first, and then use Content Transfer to move files over to the zx-300 that is connected to the computer? I have about 184GB of music to add, and a 200GB card, and both the player and the card are currently empty..
I would suggest you insert the card into the DAP and format it and then start copying music onto it.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #2,835 of 12,862
I inserted the 200Gb card into my Macs USB 3.0 port using a SD to Micro USB 3.0 adaptor. I named and formatted the card to Exfat using the disk utilty. I transferred files on the Mac to the card. A Gb goes in a few seconds. It’s very fast.

Edit: I don't have a ZX300 to compare with because they are still not on sale in the USA so I can't tell you if this is faster than doing it in the ZX300.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back