Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 16, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,806 of 12,862
I also have a Japanese version, changed from J to E location, but have not upgraded the F/W.

As long as you get a PET matt screen protector, you should be alright, but don't use a glass one.

Nov 16, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #2,807 of 12,862
I also have a Japanese version, changed from J to E location, but have not upgraded the F/W.

As long as you get a PET matt screen protector, you should be alright, but don't use a glass one.
I also changed from J to U (U.S.) and updated firmware and have had no issue so far.
I would prefer to use the original Sony screen protector made for this unit if possible. I'm wondering though if anyone has applied it and what they think of it. I wouldn't want the result to be a less desirable viewing or touch experience..

Nov 16, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #2,808 of 12,862
Someone has used it, but it makes no differences, it's still made in china, no differences from those sold in china, apart from being Sony brand.

Nov 16, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #2,810 of 12,862
Sorry, my bad English ^^
I mean that from all the people that have used rockbox (there is several owner of zx 300 that have used rockbox) I’m the only one with this problem...

Plug the walkman back to PC and still recognize as external drive?
then delete all the songs also remove the SD card and let the machine build up the database again?

Tried hard boot the walkman by pressing down on/off for 8 seconds or more?

Nov 16, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #2,811 of 12,862
then delete all the songs also remove the SD card and let the machine build up the database again?

Hope this can help @Brice d’Oliveira to sort his problem.

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #2,812 of 12,862

My bad, it’s not recognize anymore by pc or Mac... completely loose control on it (even Sony doesn’t understand how it can’t be seen by a computer...
I made all step, but with no luck I can’t recover it...

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #2,813 of 12,862
What is the best way to add music with a mac? Add all of the albums to a MicroSD card first, then insert the card? Or insert the empty card first, and then use Content Transfer to move files over to the zx-300 that is connected to the computer? I have about 184GB of music to add, and a 200GB card, and both the player and the card are currently empty..

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #2,814 of 12,862
What is the best way to add music with a mac? Add all of the albums to a MicroSD card first, then insert the card? Or insert the empty card first, and then use Content Transfer to move files over to the zx-300 that is connected to the computer? I have about 184GB of music to add, and a 200GB card, and both the player and the card are currently empty..
Use « Export for iTunes » in appstore
https://itunes.apple.com/tr/app/export-for-itunes/id880764359?mt=12
Not free but very efficient to manage songs and playlists

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #2,817 of 12,862
I realize this product was mentioned earlier in this thread, but I'm wondering if anyone purchased and applied the Sony OEM screen protector for our device? and if so, it it at all degraded the high quality (and very cool!) matte screen? in terms of visibility and sensitivity to touch?
(It's the SONY Walkman genuine liquid crystal screen protector PRX NWZX300 for NW ZX300)
Works well no degradation of light from the screen. You don't notice it is applied. I think I may have improved sensitivity but could be faster UI from 1.10 upgrade.

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #2,818 of 12,862
Curious thing happened to me today. I was listening to that wonderful dutch group 'De Staat' when suddenly I heard 4-5 beeps and then the music stopped. 8 hours since last full charge, I thought 'not the battery already!'.
I reached to the player in my pocket. It wasn't off but there were a volume message warning (too high). Weard thing since player is uncapped.
Volume was 103.

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #2,819 of 12,862
Curious thing happened to me today. I was listening to that wonderful dutch group 'De Staat' when suddenly I heard 4-5 beeps and then the music stopped. 8 hours since last full charge, I thought 'not the battery already!'.
I reached to the player in my pocket. It wasn't off but there were a volume message warning (too high). Weard thing since player is uncapped.
Volume was 103.
Hello,
What is your region code please ? « E » ?
Personally before mine dead it was « J » changed to « E » and « off » for volume limitation, then upgrade to 1.10 and « bam »... !
But it’s a strange behavior that you have too ?¿

Users who are viewing this thread

Back