1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-ZX300

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by riotgrrl, Jul 10, 2017.
First

Back
160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
Next

Last
  1. Witcher
    I’ve heard both. Both are good. It’s quite subjective. I personally like the way the Sony products pair well with each other.

2. JerryHead
    Is it safe to assume that my Shure 846s will sound noticeably better (SQ-wise) plugged into the balanced output, as compared to the 3.5"? What's the consensus? (Just want to make sure before I pull trigger on a new cable..)

3. Bepli
    The balanced uses oscon caps which the se doesn't, basically the Amp part is way better. Also more power is available which sometimes makes headphones sound better(not only louder). Tho this shouldn't be the case for efficient iems like your Shures. Tho it will sound better through the balanced because of the better Amp and maybe because of a little more power.

4. psikey
    I used my SE846's with standard 3.5mm plus two balanced cables. The Sony Kimber 4.4mm balanced and a Fiio 2.5mm balanced with 2.5mm-4.4mm adapter.

Both balanced much better than 3.5mm. To my ears no need to go for the expensive Kimber cable other than its built beautifully. I like the Kimber so much for build/comfort I will even use it with SE via a 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter with my phone.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  5. psikey
  6. Whitigir
    The blue caps ? Those are FT caps aren’t they ? They have very high ripple current due to the extremely low ESR together with extra power. Those are better quality components, ofcourse they affect the sound quality regardless of gears connected :D

7. JerryHead
    psikey likes this.
  8. kms108
    purk and Whitigir like this.
  9. psikey
    kms108 likes this.
  10. Ghost2501
    Hi guys.
    I've just ordered my NW-ZX300 from Amazon.co.uk because there's a huge price difference with Amazon.fr (almost 122 €).

I don't know very well how balanced output performs and I don't even know if my IEM EarSonic EM3-Pro are compatible (still waiting an answer from their support).
    I'm also waiting for the Nuraphone Bluetooth earphones since I know that NW-ZX300 is aptx compatible.
    My previous DAP were Cowon S9 and X7. I hesitated to buy a used Plenue 1 but battery is too poor.

11. lomenhk
    Hi, did you update the firmware 1.10 with a Mac?

I tried to update with my Mac, but the macOS always displayed the ZX300 not detected. I have followed all instructions on screen but no way I can update the firmware :frowning2:

12. JerryHead
    I too am very curious if you're able to update firmware on a mac, as I only have a mac..

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  13. JerryHead
  14. kms108
    I was waiting for the benks, as I always go for the benks, but they haven't released one yet, if they do it should be very similar, but benks don't normally have a wm port cover. I wasn't going to get this, but someone from this thread wanted one, so I got two pieces., hopefully the seller is trustworthy as this purchase wasn't easy, and at the end I could get scammed and get a different product altogether.

purk likes this.
  15. AudioBear
    That is really a problem. Let us know how it works out. I have a Mac too and was planning to pick up a ZX300 when they hit the US.

First

Back
160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180
Next

Last