Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #2,509 of 12,862
This thing with balanced xban3bp is simply amazing. As i like 90s, mainly eurodance, i am more and more stunned over bass delivery. And of course all the layers i couldnt hear before as its now so wide through balanced. Cant wait to have some time of ages and convert my over 150 cds eurodance library into personal flac heaven :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #2,510 of 12,862
This thing with balanced xban3bp is simply amazing. As i like 90s, mainly eurodance, i am more and more stunned over bass delivery. And of course all the layers i couldnt hear before as its now so wide through balanced. Cant wait to have some time of ages and convert my over 150 cds eurodance library into personal flac heaven :L3000:

Hey gobb I'm thinking about getting these from acessory jack, do these have good highs and clarity? Would you consider them bass heavy? for what I would pay for a cable I could almost get these. Oh and how is the comfort? they look pretty small and comfortable.

Thanks .

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #2,513 of 12,862
Hi,
Please à question so if i have a zx-300 from japan, to update it i need to go on the Japanese site or the European is ok to download new firmware please ?
Back at my Sony A30 it didn't matter. But to be save just install Media Go and do the update that way. Than you can not do anything wrong I guess.

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #2,514 of 12,862
Just back from listening to the ZX300. A burned in store model around for pre-orders and to generate excitement.

What can I say. Just blown away by the sound quality. The WM 1Z was loaded with sleepy jazz, but the ZX300 had a drive filled with rock, and rock it did. Best Sony DAP value I have had a chance to hear. Though I'm not that experienced with their ever-changing DAP array?

Wow!

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #2,516 of 12,862
Just back from listening to the ZX300. A burned in store model around for pre-orders and to generate excitement.

What can I say. Just blown away by the sound quality. The WM 1Z was loaded with sleepy jazz, but the ZX300 had a drive filled with rock, and rock it did. Best Sony DAP value I have had a chance to hear. Though I'm not that experienced with their ever-changing DAP array?

Wow!
This is exactly the kind of motivation i am looking for.

Merci

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #2,517 of 12,862
This is exactly the kind of motivation i am looking for.

Merci
If you have garnered a big history listening to Apple Touchs, this new ZX300 exhudes more warmth, a bigger sound and extra sauce!

Not that heavy either. It's got a lighter weight than it sounds thing going on. Should be in stores around the world this week.

Well, if you've been walking around with a Apple Touch in your hands, the ZX300 greets with an unexpected smoothness and big air. Lots of sound stage and an almost killer for their upper line of DAPs. I thought the UI was smooth and easy to use. I only had my 1More Triple Drivers with me, but it made them sound like nothing portable I have heard for the money. Sony is ushering in a new era with this one. Didn't spend a tone of time with it but I have no issues with what's posted above.

It's pretty clear how advanced the sound is.

Truly big detailed and fast sounding. Made you question the low weight and size. Sick is my word for it!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #2,518 of 12,862
It's going to make a fuss with their lower line too. I mean why would you question ever not to just simply spend the extra money? Made their lower line sound awful and not worth buying at any price. I of course wanted the display unit in hand but simply was treated with smiles.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #2,519 of 12,862
Amateur audiophile with newbie question: I just ordered the nw-zx300 and already own a pair of Sony MDR-1ABT cans (has the 3.5” male plug) and the Shure SE846 IEMS. I’ve been trolling this forum for years, but finally broke down and joined just to ask if you can tell me how I’m going to get the best out of the zx300 using these headphones and iems respectively.
Correct me if I’m mistaken, but I’m assuming the SQ is going to be considerably better if I use both headphones and iems with the balanced output? But in order to do so, is all I need a 3.5” to standard plug adapter? Or is there some other adapter I will need? Or is it just not going to be possible with these particular headphones and iems? Thanks.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #2,520 of 12,862
I am not 100% sure but since the MDR-1ABT have a single side connector i dont think balanced would be possible. However you can get aftermarket 4.4mm balanced mmcx cables to go with your Shure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back