Sony NW-ZX300
Nov 7, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #2,476 of 12,862
As i requested earlier please do keep the impressions coming. One needs to be motivated enough :wink:

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #2,477 of 12,862
Nov 7, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #2,478 of 12,862
Impressions after 5 days: I've got a headache but it's perfectly normal. Every time I've got new headphones or a new medium to play them (in this case the ZX300), my brain needs to adjust lol. I remember the first time I bought IEM's, boy was my head in pain for a week and then I got used to the new sounds entering my ears and they got comfy :)

Who else has this (odd) experience after buying new audio gear?

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #2,479 of 12,862
Yeah more impressions please!

Did anyone on here order the Sony case from Amazon Japan? Cheapest I could find and I ordered it, but there's no expected shipping date as yet. Any idea how long it might take?

Also picked up this cable : https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B06XDG5N59/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm not a big believer in cables, but I heard good things about it from a NW-WM1Z user.
That looks like a cable that could work with Shure headphones right. Would like to hear your impressions when you've tested it :)

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #2,481 of 12,862
They have a MMCX version. This one is the 2 pin. They also have a range that costs twice as much, looks the same with only the colour differing.

Edit: just got home to my see my ZX300 left at my doorstep! Delivery here was supposed to start in the 10th.

I would be mad that they left it there for anyone to grab. I had to personally sign for receival.

Nov 7, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #2,482 of 12,862
I would be mad that they left it there for anyone to grab. I had to personally sign for receival.

Delivery here according to the stores was 10th Nov and I even picked the "collect at store" option instead of having it shipped. They dropped it off at my instruction, I got a call from the mailman and thought these were probably some cables I had coming in from Aliexpress! Didn't want the hassle of going down to the post office on the weekend to pick up $3 worth of cables :)

Scary, but glad its here.

Nov 7, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #2,483 of 12,862
Those who has the Sony's original flip case, can you please check something out, I have noticed with the flip cover open and close affect the touch screen when you have the screen on whiles it's being closed, if the screen is off, whiles you close it, it seems alright, so I have to use the hold button to prevent this.

double checked, and it seems like the magnet on the cover affects the unit.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #2,484 of 12,862
Those who has the Sony's original flip case, can you please check something out, I have noticed with the flip cover open and close affect the touch screen when you have the screen on whiles it's being closed, if the screen is off, whiles you close it, it seems alright, so I have to use the hold button to prevent this.

Yes, had same. Screen senses cover. If you have the volume dial showing you can even change volume through the Case ! Make sure I turned display off before I close the front.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #2,485 of 12,862
yep, if I have the volume screen on, just open and close will increase the volume, seems like Sony, created a problem, that can't be rectify.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #2,486 of 12,862
Yes, had same. Screen senses cover. If you have the volume dial showing you can even change volume through the Case ! Make sure I turned display off before I close the front.
Can not reproduce this with my unit. Do you have a screen protector applied or not? I do have the genuine one from sony and no matter how hard I try I can not make the Touchscreen react through the case.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #2,487 of 12,862
The touchscreen does not reach through the case, just have your screen on, then fully close the flip cover and open, serval times and see if you get the screen to reach to the movement of the flip cover.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #2,488 of 12,862
The touchscreen does not reach through the case, just have your screen on, then fully close the flip cover and open, serval times and see if you get the screen to reach to the movement of the flip cover.

If you press screen against case. If I closed it then held it in my hand while the Volume dial was displayed using in DAC mode I ended up nearly blowing my eardrums out as volume jumped! No screen protector.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #2,489 of 12,862
If you press screen against case. If I closed it then held it in my hand while the Volume dial was displayed using in DAC mode I ended up nearly blowing my eardrums out as volume jumped! No screen protector.
Now I get what you mean, I just get the volume jump around up and down.

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #2,490 of 12,862

Same here, the sign of a responsive touch screen. Now I've adopted the habit of pushing the powerbutton every time I close the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back