SONY NW-ZX2
Dec 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #9,391 of 14,755
Does anyone know where I could find a digital cable for the ZX2, that would have the 'proprietary' connector from Sony, output to, say, USB micro?

I'm thinking there has got to be someplace (someone) that makes custom cables that could accomplish this. I've checked with Ted at headphonelounge, and Drew, at Moon Audio, but they are not interested. I imagine DHC could make this, but the wait time for something like this would be a couple months...

I've got a Sony digital cable for this unit, but this cable requires an additional cable, as it only has a 'female' connector on the end, and I'm looking for a more streamlined solution. Though, perhaps just using an adapter from the Sony cable could work, just not as low of a profile...

Thanks

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #9,392 of 14,755
  Does anyone know where I could find a digital cable for the ZX2, that would have the 'proprietary' connector from Sony, output to, say, USB micro?

I'm thinking there has got to be someplace (someone) that makes custom cables that could accomplish this. I've checked with Ted at headphonelounge, and Drew, at Moon Audio, but they are not interested. I imagine DHC could make this, but the wait time for something like this would be a couple months...

I've got a Sony digital cable for this unit, but this cable requires an additional cable, as it only has a 'female' connector on the end, and I'm looking for a more streamlined solution. Though, perhaps just using an adapter from the Sony cable could work, just not as low of a profile...

Thanks

why not try a shorter USB micro B cable? on the sony own cable female

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #9,393 of 14,755

The only one I know of is Sony WMC-NWH10 but it's walkman to USB A female...
I have asked Forza Audio Works for Walkman to micro B and it's not in the plans...

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #9,394 of 14,755

Like this one I use to connect to my Hugo?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #9,395 of 14,755
Dec 11, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #9,398 of 14,755
  Hey guys. I came across these measurements of the NW-ZX2 on a Chinese website. What do you guys think? 

1st graph with all sound enhancement effects OFF.
2nd graph with DSEE HX ON.
3rd graph with Clear Audio+ ON.

I have an analog scope and low distortion audio sound generator. Before jumping into any conclusions, it would be nice to see what type of source they use for measurements, as well as scope (analog is much better for this otherwise high level one). What you could see might be approximations made by scope, so conclusions, I think, might be misleading.

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #9,399 of 14,755
are you all still feeling the love for the zx2 knowing new daps are out like the onkyo and soon a new cowon will be released

is it true the zx2 is the most warm and musical dap out there

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #9,400 of 14,755
No piece of equipment becomes worse just because new gadgets come to market

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #9,401 of 14,755
  are you all still feeling the love for the zx2 knowing new daps are out like the onkyo and soon a new cowon will be released

is it true the zx2 is the most warm and musical dap out there

I am still very much in love with the ZX2, it is made even more loveable with TRRS connection.
I love to look at it sometimes just sitting there beside me, I always listen to what it has to say, and I am not ashamed to  take it to bed with me.
It is a pleasure to just hold and feel it.....
I love it and love no other .....Its like a perfect wife :)

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #9,403 of 14,755

Looks like they were taken directly from the DAC stage  and frozen. I sa a youtube Vid how DAC esp switching amplifers, work by doing these wave at very very high frewuencies and they dude zoomed in an out in the oscilloscope and the wave turned from square wave like those ones in the first and second graph to smaller and smaller and as he xoomed out you could see the sine wabe forming..... surely the last one ClearAudio´looks preety anormal like heavi dstortion

I have an analog scope and low distortion audio sound generator. Before jumping into any conclusions, it would be nice to see what type of source they use for measurements, as well as scope (analog is much better for this otherwise high level one). What you could see might be approximations made by scope, so conclusions, I think, might be misleading.

Well, I was quite surprised to see these distorted images to be honest, not sure what to make of it. Surely Sony engineers know their "stuff" yes?

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #9,404 of 14,755
Dec 12, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #9,405 of 14,755
Don't worry about the graph, no one with decent ears and iem's is going to use these flufy affect features. They just don't do anything good in the first place. And are pure marketing baloney.

With a good quality recording, and with correct audio recording examples, the ZX2 is incredible with no crudy affects to muddy up the sound. But you need the right iem's/headphones, not all of them will have the right synergy to be paired, and this is where the mixed feelings are coming from towards the device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back