Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
May 11, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #362 of 505
that's like asking whats the difference between a can of Pabts Blue Ribbon and a $50 glass of microbrewd beer, EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN A HUGE WAY!*at least from the XB700 and if they are even the slightest improvement over the XB700 then yeah...huge*

May 12, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #363 of 505
that's like asking whats the difference between a can of Pabts Blue Ribbon and a $50 glass of microbrewd beer, EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN A HUGE WAY!*at least from the XB700 and if they are even the slightest improvement over the XB700 then yeah...huge*

You mean the xb1000 is better than the beats pro in terms of bass quality or overall sound quality

May 12, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #366 of 505

Quote:
Quote:

You mean the xb1000 is better than the beats pro in terms of bass quality or overall sound quality

the XB700 is better in bass quality, amount, and sound quality. So far it seems the XB1000 are better then the XB700's in those areas, so yea.

May 13, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #368 of 505

Quote:
Wow, i can see how much the beats pro is overpriced, it is like 2 times overpriced

This is roughly what Head-fi would think Beats should cost including all kinds of factor not solely based on sound quality:

Beats Studios: $50 ~ $100
Beats Pro: $100 ~ $150

Even with those prices you could find alternatives that may be better but Beats Studios feature active noise cancelling though, SQ it's more closer to around $50 mark but even around $50 there's aggressively priced alternatives. :p Beats Pro seems to be a little better.

May 13, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #369 of 505
you do know what's sad? Beats cost half of their MSRP to sell to sellers. so you have to think how much monster tacks onto the beats from the factory to places like best buy.

May 13, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #370 of 505
So I just got the XB1000's yesterday. A few days prior I got my Darth Beyers, and the bass hit so hard and I thought they sounded great. I thought they sounded so good that the XB1000's couldn't be better. So I tried the XB1000's for the first time, and I immediately noticed the difference in the highs, it was striking. I listening to many many different songs and the highs on the XB1000's sounded 10x better than my Darth Beyers, I was absolutely stunned. The difference was so big that even if I listened to my Darth Beyers EQ'd and my XB1000's with no EQ, the XB1000's still sounded better. So how about the bass? Well, the Darth Beyers have slightly more punch to the bass, but the XB1000's has more of a rumble to it, so for bass they are about tied, depending on the song one headphone might sound slightly better than the other basswise. As far as comfort, there's no competition, the Sony's smoke the Beyer's easily, and almost any other headphone out there, in my opinion. The pads are so soft and cushiony, they're very very comfortable. So yeah I wasn't expecting the XB1000's to be this good, and it looks like I'll be selling off my deep cup Darth Beyers and my Denon AH-D1100's now.

May 13, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #371 of 505

Quote:
So I just got the XB1000's yesterday. A few days prior I got my Darth Beyers, and the bass hit so hard and I thought they sounded great. I thought they sounded so good that the XB1000's couldn't be better. So I tried the XB1000's for the first time, and I immediately noticed the difference in the highs, it was striking. I listening to many many different songs and the highs on the XB1000's sounded 10x better than my Darth Beyers, I was absolutely stunned. The difference was so big that even if I listened to my Darth Beyers EQ'd and my XB1000's with no EQ, the XB1000's still sounded better. So how about the bass? Well, the Darth Beyers have slightly more punch to the bass, but the XB1000's has more of a rumble to it, so for bass they are about tied, depending on the song one headphone might sound slightly better than the other basswise. As far as comfort, there's no competition, the Sony's smoke the Beyer's easily, and almost any other headphone out there, in my opinion. The pads are so soft and cushiony, they're very very comfortable. So yeah I wasn't expecting the XB1000's to be this good, and it looks like I'll be selling off my deep cup Darth Beyers and my Denon AH-D1100's now.

Interesting, I am still yet to be impressed by the XB1000. I guess it all comes down to preference. I really want to be pleased with them as I like how ridiculously big they are and the earpads are super comfy (the headband isn't however!).

May 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #372 of 505

Quote:
     Quote:

Interesting, I am still yet to be impressed by the XB1000. I guess it all comes down to preference. I really want to be pleased with them as I like how ridiculously big they are and the earpads are super comfy (the headband isn't however!).

Never underestimate the personal preference, it can't be stressed too many times on a site like head-fi or else it would be like a kindergarten with kids brawling and claiming they all are right even if their opinions are highly different. Based on the info so far of it I don't even need to try it to know it's not what I'm looking for even if I'm a basshead and they would look tempting on the paper. 

What I'd want is Pro 900's bass with LCD-2's highrange and Grado's midrange with XB500's forwardness ("on-stage")/engaging sound. Quite a mix I say.

May 18, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #375 of 505

Quote:

Can you compare the Sony XB1000's to the Denon AH-1100? I have the Denons and am wondering why you prefer the Sonys, and if would be worth selling my Denons to get the Sonys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back