Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Jun 22, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #241 of 1,311
thinking about it, the sony IEMs nowadays look huge compared to other designs. does it really stick out and become obvious when you're looking
at someone wearing it from the front? i do have long hair so that could help conceal it :D

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #242 of 1,311

Quote:
thinking about it, the sony IEMs nowadays look huge compared to other designs. does it really stick out and become obvious when you're looking
at someone wearing it from the front? i do have long hair so that could help conceal it :D

I'm pretty sure you would get more looks wearing Monster Pros.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #243 of 1,311
They're not huge. Yes, they're much bigger than "regular" IEMs but looking from the front? Just two big chunks of black. Customs are way worse (well, depending on the color).
But hey, this coming from a guy who used to wear the Koss UR-20 outside, then upgraded to the XB700 outside. So YMMV.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #244 of 1,311

Quote:

Though the guy on the video isn't wearing them properly (they should be worn over the ears), you can still get a pretty good idea of what they look like 'in the flesh'.

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #246 of 1,311

Quote:
They really shouldn't do this, public earbuds and all. Mingo Hong Kong does it right: You wanna try IEMs? You buy the eartips first!

That was at CES.  The folks behind the counter change out the buds after each use.  They have a bucket of tips in all sizes back there.  You can also make out the ambient noise in the background I had to deal with when listening to the EX1000, XB1000 and Z1000 for the first time.  

He also didn't use his own DAP and music.  The lady had to disconnect the plug in the back and pass it underneath the counter so I could plug in my DAP.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #248 of 1,311
Well that's nice. Even if I get the EX800ST (MDR7550) or the EX1000 I won't be returning the EX600. It may become a parts donor. Well, I may sell the two units, keep the cables and everything else...

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #251 of 1,311
Let me put it this way: even if they took away all my other IEMs, I'd still be happily grinning ear2ear with my EX600. :) Now that doesn't mean that I won't eventually go for the EX800 too. I've learned a new english word from music_4321, "peer pressure", and it's brilliant for excusing pretty much everything. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back