Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,307 of 1,311
Got them, interesting iems.

First off, build quality of the housing is fantastic, smaller than I expected and still very premium, don't be fooled thinking these are cheap compared to the 1000.

The cable im iffy about, its very thin but then again I have been using the xb90 which has awesome cables. 9/10

Sound quality is well....awesome!

Lows: very good! Has a punch but it is very clear, compared to the xb90 it has less punch but you hear finer details. 9/10

Mids: fantastic, best of the lot imo, the voices coming from this iem are super clear and you hear all the details. 10/10

Highs: clear and pronounced, I don't hear any harshness that people speak about. 9/10

Soundstage: Wide! The music goes all over your head and separation is fantastic, not clogged at all. 10/10

Comfort is epic, its like you dont even feel anything on, they are over the ear which at first I did not like at all but it is a simple adjustment, you get used to it. 10/10

Isolation I was worried about as everyone said it was ok-bad, personally I dont see it, I think they isolate very well, not to mention these can go loud and still be clear so its not an issue. 8.5/10

Overall I would say that the sound from these are clear, spacious, detailed and balanced with a hint of spice so that they don't sound flat and boring.

Overall Im happy with my xb90 but these are pretty great. 9/10 overall imo.

Right now Im not sure what to do, I like these but I wonder how much I will use them, I think the xb90 is awesome for all around daily use and its built well, easy to use and the SQ is fantastic, honestly it sounds if you took the 600 and ramped up the bass and subass especially at the expense of a bit of mid and high quality, soundstage is still there.

I also want to get the xbac10 for iphone mic use so I dont need 3 headphones.

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #1,308 of 1,311
Enjoy them! Probably they are going to be the only 'audiophile ' headphones for that fantastic price.
With the soaring prices of headphones and daps, you won't get another in this price range.
I have no isolation problem with any Sony IEM and all I use are the green tips which are always set in the package.
I'm not sure what the housing is made of, but they do feel like they need care so be careful not to knock them around. I don't use the included case but built my own using a zippered pouch surrounded by foam as it's more convenient rather than winding it in its troublesome case.

Oct 10, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,309 of 1,311
Guys, I know this ia an old post, but I just got my ex600 and it didn't come with a short (spare/second) cable :frowning2: If you or anyone you know has one (ex1000 also comes with that same short spare cable) that they don't need I will be were happy to take it off your/their hands.

BTW, I have ex1000, xba z5, a2, h3, xba-40, and h1 as well as xb90 and just got my ex600 and I absolutely love them!!! Very fun set, nothing is overemphasized, and the spaciousness is close to ex1000. I got them after reading reviews (here) and, Oh boy I wish I read it soone :) Thanks!

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,310 of 1,311
For anyone that have heard the ex600; have you heard any of these?

H1
XBA3
XBA4
XB90

What are the ex600 compared to these?

Umm nice question bro

I own all of them..... but i have sony xba300aap high res and xba 40 japanese version

First of all....i am more of a techie guy

And actually the old sony is far superior to new sony

Ex600 bass is very tightly rounded with decay but at very floor db(near 0db) which makes it tight yet boomy(fast and nice woof)

Mids are my love for ex600....so tight and accurate

Upper mids are the real trouble.....here the decy is too much giving sound a spiky singular sort of tone....cymballs of different size cant be identified

Treble....is legend....so airy and head full

So the sound is like a normal room full of instruments

The sound is thick and slightly warm

Now H1
Bass is less tight but of superior representation(sub bass rumbke and crack)

Mids are like reflecting from wall....reverb effect....but that effect is very small....some people like it....i personally dont

Upper mids are far superior to ex600 and even ex1000....on par with 7550..speration is very cool

Treble is tight and responsive...not airy

But till very big sound

Sony xba300aap is out of league....it is very tight and ruler flat all over frequency

It is like my etymotic micro pro e4p....but a little funnier and forgiving to sources

Xba40 isnt at all good....i dont like ovalish head stage

And finnaly xb90ex

These are superior in all term if eq'ued flat.....and then lowered the db by 5db(viper4droid)

These produce nearly the amount of decay as micro pro......but sound is very big.....it means seriously bigger than your mind headstage

Treble is tighter.....stage and bass amount is big yet to punchy

Just that it sound a little grainy as it cant be ruler flat like etymotics

Ex600 even if eq'ued cant produce headstage like this

May 29, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #1,311 of 1,311
Does anyone own/ have demoed both EX600 and XBA100? In what segments does they differ? I want to know whether it can complement my collection.. Looking for a relaxed all rounder with deep bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back