Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #1,293 of 1,311
Finally got the money from selling my xba30 ($150), gonna get these next, hopefully the xb90 and ex600 is the ying and yang I am looking for.

Great news!!!, remember to give them at least 10 burn-in hours to remove the harsh treble, then on the next 50-100 hours they will bring the best to your ears.
If you let them sounding with a powerful source at loud but listenable volume, then it will be like 70 hours of burn in
:laughing:

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #1,294 of 1,311
Great news!!!, remember to give them at least 10 burn-in hours to remove the harsh treble, then on the next 50-100 hours they will bring the best to your ears.
If you let them sounding with a powerful source at loud but listenable volume, then it will be like 70 hours of burn in
:laughing:

Im debating, I hear many good things about the 7550 but it is much more money, I think I should just go with the 600 as planned.

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #1,296 of 1,311
I have them, they are absolute bang for the buck.
My shure se535 was sold the same month the ex600 came into the family. I keep the se425 for commute to my work as they are hard and durable.

in the hall of fame of overpriced iems

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #1,299 of 1,311
i use the green hybrid isolation tips, whith them they are just average, not great for noisy places.
Also use comply foam tips, whith them they are warmer and isolate more but im on the neutral-subbass listening =)

Ah ok, I was wondering about the isolation I assume because they are not vented, as long as they arent like earbuds as I hate earbuds lol, im curious about the "open" sound that many talk about.

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,300 of 1,311
Ah ok, I was wondering about the isolation I assume because they are not vented, as long as they arent like earbuds as I hate earbuds lol, im curious about the "open" sound that many talk about.

they are a close design, with a little hole (vent) but still have isolation, not likely the open designs.
Still they just dont sound like a close design should, i guess they are in the middle.
today they are my fav iems and im not making the switch to the sony´s hybrid H3 due less deep bass

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #1,302 of 1,311
Well here goes nothing! Gonna order them, just hope they are as clear or more than the xba series, from what I understand BA is specificlly designed to be clear, the xba is certainly more clear and balanced than the xb90 so if these are more than the xba im gonna love em.

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #1,303 of 1,311
Well here goes nothing! Gonna order them, just hope they are as clear or more than the xba series, from what I understand BA is specificlly designed to be clear, the xba is certainly more clear and balanced than the xb90 so if these are more than the xba im gonna love em.

The armatures are more detailed, better definition vs normal dynamic drivers but handle badly all the spectrum, that's why the multi armatures.
On dynamic is different, the housing, the construction and materials have a lot to do with the final sound.
The ex600\1000 are a great example of this. The ex600 not bankruptcy your wallet :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back