SONY IER-Z1R
Sep 3, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #8,596 of 15,278
Just take note that once you click the Kimber in place on the IER-Z1R, they will almost never let go. I’ve never experienced anything like it, ever?

The M9 also holds on to the MMCX connectors like a T-Rex to its prey, but I had decent success with repeated tries rather than with brute force.
Pulling really hard didn't help, but trying again and again, one time the connectors would let go with moderate/normal force.
Lets put it this way - these are the most secure MMCX connections! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 3, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #8,597 of 15,278
The M9 also holds on to the MMCX connectors like a T-Rex to its prey, but I had decent success with repeated tries rather than with brute force.
Pulling really hard didn't help, but trying again and again, one time the connectors would let go with moderate/normal force.
Lets put it this way - these are the most secure MMCX connections! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It's a historic union like white on rice!

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #8,598 of 15,278
Ill get a final audio MMCX assist duo pack from AJ

Sep 3, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #8,599 of 15,278
They work just fine for me.

True the design on the Z1R isn't optimal but a little playing around will yield a good technique.
Can you explain or make a video of the te hnique you use to remove MMCX from IER lineup using MMCX assist?

Sep 3, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #8,601 of 15,278
Can you explain or make a video of the te hnique you use to remove MMCX from IER lineup using MMCX assist?

The device is too large to fit in the same way it's used on the A8000 (orange arrow) however this is used
to advantage. By applying the device at an angle as shown in the first image, and slipping the device
between the Z1R and the connector as shown in the second image, you DO NOT SQUEEZE the assist
device but lift the end of the assist device in a prying motion instead (grey arrow). The connector comes
apart from the Z1R very easily.

side-view.jpg

top-view.jpg

Sep 3, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #8,603 of 15,278
i got the Xelastec MS, M, ML, usually I use large Final ear tips, and with z1r only the MS fitted me perfectly, and I really like how it makes a tight seal, and I like the sound way better than stock or final tips. Those tips balance out the z1r in a nice way, and improve the mids no doubt, adding more body to mids and vocals sound fuller and more detailed. really amazing tips, did not expect this improvement with those tips. And what i like most about those tips is you do not loose seal while talking or drinking as easy as regular tips

It improved all my iems: solaris 2020, jhaudio lola, khan.

Simply ordered 3 more pairs

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #8,604 of 15,278
i got the Xelastec MS, M, ML, usually I use large Final ear tips, and with z1r only the MS fitted me perfectly, and I really like how it makes a tight seal, and I like the sound way better than stock or final tips. Those tips balance out the z1r in a nice way, and improve the mids no doubt, adding more body to mids and vocals sound fuller and more detailed. really amazing tips, did not expect this improvement with those tips. And what i like most about those tips is you do not loose seal while talking or drinking as easy as regular tips

It improved all my iems: solaris 2020, jhaudio lola, khan.

Simply ordered 3 more pairs
Agreed... These Xelastec tips are game-changers for me.

95% of the isolation of Comply foam tips, with the (subjectively) superior sound and (objectively) superior durability of silicon tips.

I @#$%ing love these things...

Sep 4, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #8,605 of 15,278
Hey any IER Z1R owners in the Barcelona area? Thinking of getting these open box from Tokyo but really keen to try em out. Tried ordering via Supersonidos.es but they can't get then in :frowning2: If you or a mate are nearby PM me ... thanks!

Sep 6, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #8,606 of 15,278
Hey any IER Z1R owners in the Barcelona area? Thinking of getting these open box from Tokyo but really keen to try em out. Tried ordering via Supersonidos.es but they can't get then in :frowning2: If you or a mate are nearby PM me ... thanks!
Just buy em! They’re amazing, I guarantee you’ll never look back. I bought them blindly and was so glad I chose these. Only downside is that you’ll never be able to listen to anything else inferior to these without getting real bored, real fast!

Sep 6, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #8,607 of 15,278
I had a most unfortunate incident whereby I seem to have managed to misplace the stock 4.4mm balanced cable for the Z1R... Does anyone know where I would be able to by a replacement which will ship to Asia? :frowning2:

Sep 6, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #8,609 of 15,278
I had a most unfortunate incident whereby I seem to have managed to misplace the stock 4.4mm balanced cable for the Z1R... Does anyone know where I would be able to by a replacement which will ship to Asia? :frowning2:

Wow, you have all TOL daps, which one you like between Sony 1Z and SP2000Cu with Z1R?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back