SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 30, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #8,569 of 15,280
Thanks David, but add shipping and you've got $60+ :smile:. I'm ok for tips just wanted to try them as so many rave about them.
If you look at the dedicated thread, responses are actually pretty mixed. Some people have problems with insertion due to the strong stickiness, for example. But yeah, there is a sort of FOTM hype around these -- until the next thing comes along.
They look cool though.

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #8,571 of 15,280
If you look at the dedicated thread, responses are actually pretty mixed. Some people have problems with insertion due to the strong stickiness, for example. But yeah, there is a sort of FOTM hype around these -- until the next thing comes along.
They look cool though.

I fell for the hype with these tips. I liked them at first but after a few longer listening sessions, they became uncomfortable and the bass didn’t sound right. I’ve stopped using mine. I suppose it’s good to have them there for future tip rolling, but I’m a bit annoyed that I bought such an expensive set of tips I’ll probably never use 😣

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #8,572 of 15,280
Tips are also much like IEM or DAPs, in that there may be no final answer on their effects. Meaning I’m happy with the general sound and results from a certain tip. But tip rolling today on IEMs I don’t use much resulted in different ideas than I had previously thought? So there is maybe a future date when some tip will come in handy. Also the tip itself is often special only on the IEM it’s used on. So generalization becomes only so valid. IMO

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #8,573 of 15,280
Tips are also much like IEM or DAPs, in that there may be no final answer on their effects. Meaning I’m happy with the general sound and results from a certain tip. But tip rolling today on IEMs I don’t use much resulted in different ideas than I had previously thought? So there is maybe a future date when some tip will come in handy. Also the tip itself is often special only on the IEM it’s used on. So generalization becomes only so valid. IMO
Thanks for sharing those tips. :beerchug::upside_down:

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #8,574 of 15,280
They look cool though.

I did wonder about that. I baulked at spending $18 recently for some ear tips, then had to buy twice as they didn't fit.

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #8,575 of 15,280

Yeah, that’s true. Thanks, I feel better about my purchase now 😄

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #8,579 of 15,280
Hey guys... Sure this has been discussed already, but, you know... 571 pages, ha ha.

So the IER-Z1R is sold out everywhere... Has it been discontInued? Maybe a M2 version coming? Or is it just massive shipping delays due to the pandemic?

Cheers
i think just delays. i kept checking amazon everyday they came back in stock about 2 weeks ago. now their next shipment is for 1-2 months out but at least they let you order now.

Aug 31, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #8,580 of 15,280
One of my ears is difficult to get a good fit, I know customs are the way to go. I listen to music a lot so I really should consider custom iem's or the moulded tips, can you recommend any where in the South that does impressions?
If you can get to London easily enough Gisele at aid2hearing is the go to person it seems. Don't know what the current situation is there at the moment with regards to covid though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back