SONY IER-Z1R
Sep 6, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #8,626 of 15,277
Just buy em! They’re amazing, I guarantee you’ll never look back. I bought them blindly and was so glad I chose these. Only downside is that you’ll never be able to listen to anything else inferior to these without getting real bored, real fast!
I would be very careful with this sort of "guarantee". Just because you like something doesn't mean everyone will feel the same. There are so many subjective factors, especially in audio. I'm sure you mean well, but are you really willing to make good on that guarantee? :wink:

Sep 6, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #8,627 of 15,277
I would be very careful with this sort of "guarantee". Just because you like something doesn't mean everyone will feel the same. There are so many subjective factors, especially in audio. I'm sure you mean well, but are you really willing to make good on that guarantee? :wink:
I certainly would. They are that good.

Sep 6, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #8,628 of 15,277
Where is a good place with a good discounted price to buy the Sony IER-Z1R?

Sep 6, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #8,629 of 15,277
Thanks, I sometimes get fatigued even with 1Z and Z1R, will keep away from SP2KCu

Hmm.... yes, that would be a problem. Best avoid then. Tho the SE200 is interesting because it has both AKM and ESS DAC chips. But you should definitely try it out first.

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #8,632 of 15,277
I might part ways with mine...not using it much. What has been market price on these in excellent condition? thx
The ier 1zr...new boxed from accessory jack is 1600$...so would need to be around $1200 I'd assume based on the Listings I saw on e earphone

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #8,633 of 15,277
Good to hear. How did the z5 cause problems? It needing a straight line into your ear canal?

Even with LL I was not able to get them far enough in to get a good seal and pressing them that far in caused pain after less than an hour. I reckon that they would have worked with the Xelastec L though

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #8,634 of 15,277
Well, I stand corrected then. However, I’ve yet to run across a single soul who expressed even the most minor disappointment or annoyance regarding these, aside from the fit issue, which seems to impact a minority. If your ears are on the larger size, there’s a pretty good chance they’re going to fit without any discomfort. Even if they're not, they'll most likely fit without issue. I'm six feet, my ears aren't disproportionately large, and I can't even get a proper seal with the hybrid LL size tips, as they're not big enough.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #8,635 of 15,277
Even with LL I was not able to get them far enough in to get a good seal and pressing them that far in caused pain after less than an hour. I reckon that they would have worked with the Xelastec L though

Hmm yeah really need to try these out before buying. Accessory jack replied to my email and confirmed returning them due to fit issues isn't covered under their returns policy :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #8,637 of 15,277
I know this is 'classic' but I'm having a dilemma whether I should go for IER-Z1R or just went straight to 64 Audio U12T.
Have tested U12T and like it, but didn't got a chance nor avail to demo for Z1R, however, I do have a good history with Sony cans so far (EX1000 ,EX800ST & CD900ST)

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #8,638 of 15,277
I know this is 'classic' but I'm having a dilemma whether I should go for IER-Z1R or just went straight to 64 Audio U12T.
Have tested U12T and like it, but didn't got a chance nor avail to demo for Z1R, however, I do have a good history with Sony cans so far (EX1000 ,EX800ST & CD900ST)
What’s your preferred signature? What do you prioritise more in your iems? I’ve owned both and personally I think the Z1R smokes the U12t.

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #8,639 of 15,277
What’s your preferred signature? What do you prioritise more in your iems? I’ve owned both and personally I think the Z1R smokes the U12t.
I wanted to say something like that, erican IEMs are like their cars (Ford, GM) they work for a while, feel.pretty average but dont last quite as long as say a German or Lamborghini, ferrari

Sep 8, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #8,640 of 15,277
I wanted to say something like that, erican IEMs are like their cars (Ford, GM) they work for a while, feel.pretty average but dont last quite as long as say a German or Lamborghini, ferrari
This article says otherwise about German cars, perhaps the LEAST reliable. American cars aren’t good, either.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-32332210

But anyhow, the IER-Z1R are my number 1 go to phones, IEM or over ear. I think they define the perfect sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back