SONY IER-Z1R
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #7,951 of 15,431
The Sedna ear fits I bought are good. Changes the sound up a bit in a good way.

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #7,952 of 15,431
Final audo E tips are basically the same silicon tips sony already includes with the z1r.

I get a better fit with the Final than with the Sony so there is some difference

Jun 25, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #7,953 of 15,431
The Sedna are the only non-stock ones I've tried, and didn't like them at all fit- and sensation-wise. Didn't use them long enough to compare any sound difference. Maybe another size would be better, but I'll stick to the Sony hybrids as I think I got used to them in the end.
Eventually I do want to get custom tips, mainly for a more secure fit to make it easier to run and work out while using the IERs.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #7,954 of 15,431
Eventually I do want to get custom tips, mainly for a more secure fit to make it easier to run and work out while using the IERs.
None of the custom tips I've seen so far for the IER would be good for running around.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #7,955 of 15,431
None of the custom tips I've seen so far for the IER would be good for running around.

No I would think they will stick out way too far and at any rate the Z1R don’t have any IP rating so I would never use them for physical activity

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #7,956 of 15,431

Yeah you're probably right.

I've successfully used them during relatively light work out using the stock hybrid tips, though occasionally I do need to readjust them a bit.
I really want to be able to use this for its intended mobile use, since at home the big bro MDR does everything better overall (the only thing to miss from the IER is the treble, but that's just something only a super tweeter right up against your eardrum can do). Otherwise I'll hardly have occasion to use this treasure of an IEM.

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #7,958 of 15,431
what tips u all think is the best for ier z1r.

It seems larger bore tips increses the soundstage and reduce the base abit and smaller bore tips make vocals abit more intimate and increase the bass slam.
I swear by the JVC Spiral Dot tips now. Ever since I've got them, I've never taken them off. Gives the Z1R more space and Air.

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #7,959 of 15,431
I never even thought about that. What do you think could happen?

The further they stick out the stronger the cantilever effect is going to be due to the big and heavy house and with no IP rating and hence protection I would expect they could be prone to damage from sweat and rain

Jun 26, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #7,961 of 15,431
I swear by the JVC Spiral Dot tips now. Ever since I've got them, I've never taken them off. Gives the Z1R more space and Air.

I tried it too, ye it gives them more soundstage and airy treble but imo z1r doesnt need more of it than it already has ,it made vocals even more distant so I switched for modded stocktips. They go in deeper and smoothens out the treble more and bring out the mids.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #7,962 of 15,431
I tried it too, ye it gives them more soundstage and airy treble but imo z1r doenst need more of it than it already has it made vocals even more distant so I switched for modded stocktips.
Modded how?

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #7,963 of 15,431
Modded how?

cut out a rubber stem of size 5 wide bore eartip and sqeezed the stock silicon tip stem into it. It provides a more snug fit and extends the eartip lenght so it can go even deeper in the ear canal.

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_075817.jpg
    IMG_20200626_075817.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #7,964 of 15,431
Hey everyone, I recently made the decision to get the WM1A in an effort to get an endgame DAP that I can be happy with for years to come without any issues. And while I am very happy with the decision, I feel that my current selection of earphones/headphones are limiting my enjoyment of the this DAP simply because of the inability of either headphone to run in 4.4 balanced mode. I am now considering to get an endgame IEM that would last me just as well and allow me to utilize the WM1A to it's full potential. I am definitely considering the IEM-Z1R as this endgame IEM but I was just wondering if owners of the WM1A and Z1R can provide me their opinions on the synergy of the 1A and Z1R.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #7,965 of 15,431
Hey everyone, I recently made the decision to get the WM1A in an effort to get an endgame DAP that I can be happy with for years to come without any issues. And while I am very happy with the decision, I feel that my current selection of earphones/headphones are limiting my enjoyment of the this DAP simply because of the inability of either headphone to run in 4.4 balanced mode. I am now considering to get an endgame IEM that would last me just as well and allow me to utilize the WM1A to it's full potential. I am definitely considering the IEM-Z1R as this endgame IEM but I was just wondering if owners of the WM1A and Z1R can provide me their opinions on the synergy of the 1A and Z1R.

Back when I first purchased the IER-Z1R, the 1A was at firmware 3.01, the combination was the greatest. My personal opinion was the 1A and IER combo won out even over the more expensive IER-Z1R and Walkman 1Z combo. Since then firmware 3.02 has arrived as well as a plethora of firmwares to really get any sound you want from the 1A.

Truly a great combo! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back