SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 11, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #7,127 of 15,280
You can get brand new ones on Ebay for the same price...

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #7,128 of 15,280
Yeah not keen on getting used, especially as these are prone to micro scratches.

Yes they are, but you’ll get micro scratches on them as soon as you start using them or do you intended them just to sit in a display cabinet unused ?

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #7,129 of 15,280
Yes they are, but you’ll get micro scratches on them as soon as you start using them or do you intended them just to sit in a display cabinet unused ?
Exactly this lol

Apr 11, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #7,131 of 15,280
I only dare to think about what a new pair of these will cost when they are discontinued at some point.
I`ve already seen a few new ones on Ebay for well over $3000 (which is just stupid of course) but still...
Hi
Dis you fix the missing screw that @candlejack Noted in your IKEA shelf? :ksc75smile:

Apr 11, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #7,132 of 15,280
Even if Sony does release a new flagship, there's no guarantee that it will be an "upgrade," so I wouldn't miss out on the Z1R right now if I saw a good deal.
So curious what they will come up with after a dual DD. Electrostatic perhaps. Has anyone else done a dual DD?

Apr 11, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #7,133 of 15,280
So curious what they will come up with after a dual DD. Electrostatic perhaps. Has anyone else done a dual DD?
Yes, but I think the drivers were identical and both used for bass mostly.

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #7,135 of 15,280
What where they?
Legend-X. This is the one I remember seeing, but there might be more.

Edit: (Just for fun)
"Every aspect of the Legend X was conceived, designed, and crafted to faithfully reproduce what the artist had intended."
I guess the artist intended bass. :)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #7,136 of 15,280
Hi
Dis you fix the missing screw that @candlejack Noted in your IKEA shelf? :ksc75smile:

I`m an honest regular guy so I`m not going to lie.. the answer is no :p
But when I do I will post a new picture to prove it lol

Right now I`m way too busy trying to get my hands on the Sony SA Z1. They are on the very top of the list of new gear I need to get :wink:

Edit: I was very impressed that he actually knew that they are indeed Ikea shelves :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #7,137 of 15,280
I`m an honest regular guy so I`m not going to lie.. the answer is no :p
But when I do I will post a new picture to prove it lol

Right now I`m way too busy trying to get my hands on the Sony SA Z1. They are on the very top of the list of new gear I need to get :wink:

Edit: I was very impressed that he actually knew that they are indeed Ikea shelves :wink:
I can already see myself having a heart attack when you post a pic of your brand new SA-Z1 sitting on ... you guessed it. :)

Apr 11, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #7,139 of 15,280
Legend-X. This is the one I remember seeing, but there might be more.

Edit: (Just for fun)
"Every aspect of the Legend X was conceived, designed, and crafted to faithfully reproduce what the artist had intended."
I guess the artist intended bass. :)

I remember reading somewhere that some modern music producers were involved in the tuning of the Legend X, so that statement may be somewhat true depending on the genre. I have to admit that with some music I listen to-- namely modern pop and some hip hop-- the Legend X is probably the best IEM I've yet heard. If that sort of music was all I listened to I could probably deal with it being my main IEM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 12, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #7,140 of 15,280
My pair seems to have mo micro scratches, must inspect them more or b) because my vision got worse after my RD I don't see such tiny details anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back