SONY IER-Z1R
Mar 12, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #6,811 of 15,277
I don’t think it has much to do with quantity. For example, the CA Vega was very “bassy“ but the bass was pretty fast for a DD. The bass had quick attack and quick decay with plenty of quantity. The difference in speed is very noticeable on acoustic tracks in an A/B comparison.
I just can't do the Sony after getting used to my Planars. It has an obese waddling low end, in comparison to the i4. Acoustic music suffers a lot here.

Mar 12, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #6,812 of 15,277
I don’t think it has much to do with quantity. For example, the CA Vega was very “bassy“ but the bass was pretty fast for a DD. The bass had quick attack and quick decay with plenty of quantity. The difference in speed is very noticeable on acoustic tracks in an A/B comparison.
Yeah the sony has more bass.

Mar 13, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #6,813 of 15,277
How does the SNARE drum sounds on this iem from this track ?

Mar 13, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #6,815 of 15,277
I can already tell you that with the 128 mp3 that youtube provides it will definitely sound like crap no matter what IEM you use.
Obvious , but I have it in WAV.

Mar 14, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #6,817 of 15,277
It's safe to clean the IER-Z1R with LCD-Screen cleaner?
You can clean it with a wet napkin as long as it's not soaked. Definitely don't spray it directly.

Mar 14, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #6,819 of 15,277
You can clean it with a wet napkin as long as it's not soaked. Definitely don't spray it directly.
I’d recommend a sunglasses tissue personally - no need to expose it to unnecessary humidity
Yeah that's what I am doing, spray on the sunglasses cloth and then wipe Z1R clean

Mar 14, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #6,820 of 15,277

Agreed. I use a soft terry cloth towel I spray a little water on that clean mine. I use soap to clean the tips after every use.

Do not use paper towels. They will leave micro scratches on them.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #6,821 of 15,277
Does anyone else have the problem where Comply tips don't "grip" enough onto the Z1R? (Compared to the Sony's silicon ones)
I use the silicon M for my left ear and comply M for my right ear, and the comply tip gets stuck most of the time when taking it out, so I have to manually pull it out with my fingers.

Might just be the shape of my ears that causes it.

Mar 15, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #6,823 of 15,277
Does anyone else have the problem where Comply tips don't "grip" enough onto the Z1R? (Compared to the Sony's silicon ones)
I use the silicon M for my left ear and comply M for my right ear, and the comply tip gets stuck most of the time when taking it out, so I have to manually pull it out with my fingers.

Are you using the right size Comply (they come in 4 bore diameters) ?

Mar 15, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #6,825 of 15,277

Yes I have had the same problem with Comply tips, weirdly it was only my left ear at first, and then the right did it too. Once they have pulled off once that is it they will no longer grip onto the IEM and will pull off every time so are rendered useless and the foam usually gets damaged on trying to get it out of my ear. I'd put it down to how deeply into my ear canals I was able to get them, but annoying all the same especially when it happens when not at home! The solution to this problem for me was to put a small layer of Kapton tape around the IEM stem before putting the Comply tip on and I've had no issues since, other tapes might work. Maybe I have weird ears too?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back