SONY IER-Z1R
Aug 1, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #4,051 of 15,276
But please more reviews and comparisons between the z1r and solaris because one of it will be my next purchase :)

Just based on what I’ve seen, it looks like a fair number of Solaris owners end up selling theirs in favor of the Z1R or VX. Haven’t really seen many people go the other direction.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #4,054 of 15,276
Just based on what I’ve seen, it looks like a fair number of Solaris owners end up selling theirs in favor of the Z1R or VX. Haven’t really seen many people go the other direction.
Really? I'm very surprised to hear this. I have both of them and I prefer Solaris much more than Z1R. The sound is better in Solaris in all aspects (except maybe the bass where Z1R goes a little deeper). I don't understand people who rec Z1R for the price. I agree that Z1R has the best build quality I have seen in an IEM, but sound wise they are not as good as Solaris. The fit is also a disaster

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #4,055 of 15,276
z1r, solaris, vx are all totl of their respective brand, each has its own tuning, technical implementation and strengths. i have listened to these and more. At the end of the day, it’s your personal preference of the sound and how they match up to your expectation. the key is to listen to them, the paper comparison is only a guide of the reviewer perceived differences of these IEMs. most important be happy and enjoy the music.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #4,057 of 15,276
Really? I'm very surprised to hear this. I have both of them and I prefer Solaris much more than Z1R. The sound is better in Solaris in all aspects (except maybe the bass where Z1R goes a little deeper). I don't understand people who rec Z1R for the price. I agree that Z1R has the best build quality I have seen in an IEM, but sound wise they are not as good as Solaris. The fit is also a disaster
z1r, solaris, vx are all totl of their respective brand, each has its own tuning, technical implementation and strengths. i have listened to these and more. At the end of the day, it’s your personal preference of the sound and how they match up to your expectation. the key is to listen to them, the paper comparison is only a guide of the reviewer perceived differences of these IEMs. most important be happy and enjoy the music.

Pretty much this! If we all prefer and agree on the same thing, then the world would be boring

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #4,058 of 15,276

Yep. I only had a brief (~1 hour) listen to the Solaris, but I too would take the Z1R over it. I'm definitely not going to sit here and tell you that you're wrong if you prefer the Solaris though.

Also, IEM prices can vary pretty significantly across markets. Sony, being Sony, seems pretty immune to this, but regional distributors can jack up prices. (I'd be surprised if the Solaris, when it finally gets released in Korea this month, ends up cheaper than the Z1R.)

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #4,059 of 15,276
Yep. I only had a brief (~1 hour) listen to the Solaris, but I too would take the Z1R over it. I'm definitely not going to sit here and tell you that you're wrong if you prefer the Solaris though.

Also, IEM prices can vary pretty significantly across markets. Sony, being Sony, seems pretty immune to this, but regional distributors can jack up prices. (I'd be surprised if the Solaris, when it finally gets released in Korea this month, ends up cheaper than the Z1R.)
From my observations the Solaris seems to retail for a pretty price outside of the US. It's like 2 grand flat here in Singapore, and you can get the Z1R for about a hundred bucks more if you know where to get it. Hell, I know of places you can get the Z1R sub-2000, and that's in SGD. They're direct competitors basically everywhere but the US.

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #4,060 of 15,276
If I had were forced to pick either i4 or z1r based solely on sound quality..... With a gun pointed to my head... I'd still pick the i4. But man... Man man man the z1r......

Why are you selling it?

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #4,061 of 15,276
If we all prefer and agree on the same thing, then the world would be boring
Or the world would be at peace. :)

Regarding price, and this is not the case anymore, but when I got my Z1r, it was actually a bit cheaper than the Solaris.

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #4,062 of 15,276
BOT...waiting on the Sony Kimber cable delivery...expecting a bit more detail...

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #4,064 of 15,276
Is that kimber cable specifically for the ier z1r ,m7 and m9?
Yup, sub $200 cable. Much more reasonably priced than the upgraded Abyss 1266 cable...but let's not go there...
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back