SONY IER-Z1R
Jul 3, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #3,527 of 15,290
hey everyone, does anyone here own the chord mojo? on the manual it says the light at the charging port indicates power level with different colors. however, when its plugged in and charging, theres only a white/blue light. does this mean i have to unplug it and turn it on every time to see how much it has charged? and how would i know if i has fully charged? thanks.

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #3,528 of 15,290
So this iem is the first one to turn me onto dynamic driver bass. Before I've always heard that BA drivers iems can't produce bass as good as dynamic. Now these iem bass are amazing and rock your head.

The highs are great on these are smooth fast and powerful. They are beautiful and absolutely a pleasure.

However after the hype as died down, there remains this disjointedness. I think it's between the dynamic bass and everything else. Yeah, it feels like you're eating great pizza and a frozen coca cola on a hot summer day. However you're only allowed to consume both things at the same time. Which is weird.

This is not only the problem for IER-Z1R, but it is the problems for every multi-drivers with a crossover iems....even speakers have this problems too!! The things they all try to improve regarding this is the cohesiveness of paces, and better speakers, multi-driver iems will have a better cohesiveness. I am surprised that you realized it. This was one of the reason why I can’t enjoy IEMS. I am thinking of getting the IER-Z1R to see how much better could they tame this beast down...lol...maybe I should just stick with my full-size instead

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #3,529 of 15,290
This is not only the problem for IER-Z1R, but it is the problems for every multi-drivers with a crossover iems....even speakers have this problems too!! The things they all try to improve regarding this is the cohesiveness of paces, and better speakers, multi-driver iems will have a better cohesiveness. I am surprised that you realized it. This was one of the reason why I can’t enjoy IEMS. I am thinking of getting the IER-Z1R to see how much better could they tame this beast down...lol...maybe I should just stick with my full-size instead

There's plenty of single-driver, top-end IEMs as well. You don't have to give up on IEMs completely.

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #3,530 of 15,290
hey everyone, does anyone here own the chord mojo? on the manual it says the light at the charging port indicates power level with different colors. however, when its plugged in and charging, theres only a white/blue light. does this mean i have to unplug it and turn it on every time to see how much it has charged? and how would i know if i has fully charged? thanks.
That light comes off when the device is fully charged. When you’re using the mojo without charging it simultaneously the the light color can estimate percentage of juice left.

Jul 3, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #3,531 of 15,290
So this iem is the first one to turn me onto dynamic driver bass. Before I've always heard that BA drivers iems can't produce bass as good as dynamic. Now these iem bass are amazing and rock your head.

The highs are great on these are smooth fast and powerful. They are beautiful and absolutely a pleasure.

However after the hype as died down, there remains this disjointedness. I think it's between the dynamic bass and everything else. Yeah, it feels like you're eating great pizza and a frozen coca cola on a hot summer day. However you're only allowed to consume both things at the same time. Which is weird.

You haven’t yet ate the manna of the Z1R God, become drunk from the elixir of IEM life and crossed over the bridge into heaven. Keep trying my son until your effort pays off and you join our small group. We welcome you.

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #3,532 of 15,290
You haven’t yet ate the manna of the Z1R God, become drunk from the elixir of IEM life and crossed over the bridge into heaven. Keep trying my son until your effort pays off and you join our small group. We welcome you.
the lcdi4 are already to me the greatest iem ever created. so it doesnt even matter. you talk about heaven, the lcdi4 is a higher heaven.

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #3,533 of 15,290
That light comes off when the device is fully charged. When you’re using the mojo without charging it simultaneously the the light color can estimate percentage of juice left.
i dont think this is normal. the mojo was received today at basically 0% power. but its been charging for almost 6 hours now and the light is on and its still charging. ive connected it to one of those ipad power bricks.

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #3,534 of 15,290
The few seconds that I spent with these beauties away from my ears (for the purpose of this image) have been pure agony.

Thankfuly, everything is back to normal now.

20190704_143838.jpg

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #3,535 of 15,290
the lcdi4 are already to me the greatest iem ever created. so it doesnt even matter. you talk about heaven, the lcdi4 is a higher heaven.
Now I see why you claimed about that in cohesiveness with ier-Z1R! The i4 is single driver where as Z1R is multiple drivers. It all makes sense now

Excellent references point.

Thank you

Jul 4, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #3,536 of 15,290
the lcdi4 are already to me the greatest iem ever created

Unless you value isolation, which is a huge factor for a lot of people in most circumstances where IEMs are commonly used.

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #3,537 of 15,290
Any fans of the CA Atlas here? I've got a number of other "TOTL" IEMs (Z1R, Solaris, Andromeda, Xelento, MDR-EX1000, SE846) but have been considering adding the Atlas to my collection. I'm just wondering if the bass might be overwhelming. On some tracks, I think the Z1R's bass is a bit too much.

Thoughts?

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #3,538 of 15,290
Any fans of the CA Atlas here? I've got a number of other "TOTL" IEMs (Z1R, Solaris, Andromeda, Xelento, MDR-EX1000, SE846) but have been considering adding the Atlas to my collection. I'm just wondering if the bass might be overwhelming. On some tracks, I think the Z1R's bass is a bit too much.

Thoughts?
If you think the Z1R is too bassy, the Atlas will be way too much for you. I owned the Atlas for awhile and tried the Z1R during the recent CanJam, and thought the Z1R excelled over the Atlas in almost all aspects. I prefer my tracks to be more coherent and not overpowered by bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back