SONY IER-Z1R
Jan 1, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #766 of 15,280
Thanks! I don’t have my preferred source with me, but I did bring my Solaris. Not sure if these represent the final tuning, but very interested to see how they compare to the initial reactions, the CA hybrids, and my own tastes.

This will be a popular comparison. Looking forward to your thoughts as I purchased the Solaris early and love them, but am very curious about the Z1R.

Jan 1, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #767 of 15,280
This will be a popular comparison. Looking forward to your thoughts as I purchased the Solaris early and love them, but am very curious about the Z1R.
Obvious no matter which iem and how good the iem is you wont be satisfied. Maybe its the thrill of the Holy Grail than the music for you.

Jan 1, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #768 of 15,280
Obvious no matter which iem and how good the iem is you wont be satisfied. Maybe its the thrill of the Holy Grail than the music for you.

I enjoy trying new things, part of the fun of the hobby for me for sure. I love the Solaris, has made music more enjoyable for me.

That being said, I’m pretty new to the hobby, so I have a lot to learn about what sound signatures I like/don’t like.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #769 of 15,280
Sup guys any links to first impressions or reviews of this bad boy?

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #771 of 15,280
Sorry all. No luck at the shops I visited in Wan Chai — no Z1R demo (production units should be out by end of month is what everyone was saying), and no JVC demo (no clue when any stock will be coming in and how many they’ll even receive).

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #772 of 15,280
Sorry all. No luck at the shops I visited in Wan Chai — no Z1R demo (production units should be out by end of month is what everyone was saying), and no JVC demo (no clue when any stock will be coming in and how many they’ll even receive).
Guess only at Mong Kok shops.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #773 of 15,280
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #776 of 15,280
Have anyone try the FW-10000? I wonder how the Z1R compared to FW-10k as I tried the fw-10k and it sounded so attractive.
I did.

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #778 of 15,280
How's your impression compared to the Z1R?
Demoed ot four times, might be the beta version. Sounded wide but lacked depth and height. I ordered the JVC.

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #779 of 15,280
Today I tried the Fw10000 for quite a while. It is clearly one of the best dynamic drivers out there. It sounds very good, balanced, spacious well separated, with great tone, beautiful mids and great bass texture. I briefly tried the Faudio Major, Beyerdynamic Xelento, Dita Twins and Dunu 4001 side by side, and overall I still preferred both JVCs, even all these are good (I was not a fan of the Dunu and the Fidelity).

I still have issues with it :
  • I don't like the looks and much prefer the build of the FD01
  • The fit is so so for me
  • It is very expensive. Dynamic drivers should not cost this much
  • I switched back and forth with FD01, and while the FW sounds smoother, to me it is more a side grade in a different vein. The FD01 has much better value
  • Overall, if you are looking for super energetic / sparkly sound you could be disappointed. The FD01 is more like that
These days I am getting hard to please as few IEMs wow me anymore. Especially at 2k asking price. The Fw10000 is one of the best I have heard recently, but it seems more likely that I will get the FD01 and try the mod. Or wait for something else.
IMG_20190103_113029.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190103_113029.jpg
    IMG_20190103_113029.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Jan 3, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #780 of 15,280
Today I tried the Fw10000 for quite a while. It is clearly one of the best dynamic drivers out there. It sounds very good, balanced, spacious well separated, with great tone, beautiful mids and great bass texture. I briefly tried the Faudio Major, Beyerdynamic Xelento, Dita Twins and Dunu 4001 side by side, and overall I still preferred both JVCs, even all these are good (I was not a fan of the Dunu and the Fidelity).

I still have issues with it :
  • I don't like the looks and much prefer the build of the FD01
  • The fit is so so for me
  • It is very expensive. Dynamic drivers should not cost this much
  • I switched back and forth with FD01, and while the FW sounds smoother, to me it is more a side grade in a different vein. The FD01 has much better value
  • Overall, if you are looking for super energetic / sparkly sound you could be disappointed. The FD01 is more like that
These days I am getting hard to please as few IEMs wow me anymore. Especially at 2k asking price. The Fw10000 is one of the best I have heard recently, but it seems more likely that I will get the FD01 and try the mod. Or wait for something else.
Hard to please started four years ago. I sold all my iems and been content with headphones for two yrs. Then I started demoing sll the top of the line iems and all cant compete with the headphones until the 10000. Hence I ordered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back