SONY IER-Z1R
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #1,937 of 15,327
IEMs are much much much much much much much much more popular in the east actually. The west is probably only going to be a very tiny sliver of IER-Z1R sales.

I am in europe and pre-ordered 5 months ago on amazon.

You must be the legendary Mr. Tiny Sliver.

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #1,939 of 15,327
Order more IEMs from Sony in the future to show them we love IEMs in the west! I am a little bit of an IEM fanatic, own around 100 personally but slowed down after getting some customs. The IER-Z1R has sparked my interest again in universal IEMs.

Wow 100? That's awesome. I was feeling guilty for having 7 so now I don't feel so bad!

Apr 10, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #1,940 of 15,327
Like excluding China and India, explicitly Japan and Korea where the z1r is stocked. Anyway, appreciated the informative answers. Not encouraging but makes some sense. I presume Sony incurs extra costs out west, though in this instance they seem to be passing them along?

Japan is by far the biggest IEM market, and it’s not even close. My guess is that Singapore or Korea are #2 and #3 in some order.

Sony would incur extra costs everywhere. It’s really not an east vs. west issue.

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #1,945 of 15,327
How does that work? How much would you pay? Are we really completely clueless on when to expect availability? Is there anyone from Sony on these forums?

There are companies that will forward you packages at a reasonably low cost - you register with them to get your personal address, then you place an order normally with that new address as your shipping address. For me, it’d cost $5~10 to get a small package from the US and ~$15 to get one from Germany. (It could be more from Japan, but you’d have to figure that out) You’d have the same warranty issue, however, that you would have ordering from AccessoryJack.

All brands really give you are nebulous hand-wavey estimates until they’re ready to go.

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #1,946 of 15,327
There are companies that will forward you packages at a reasonably low cost - you register with them to get your personal address, then you place an order normally with that new address as your shipping address. For me, it’d cost $5~10 to get a small package from the US and ~$15 to get one from Germany. (It could be more from Japan, but you’d have to figure that out) You’d have the same warranty issue, however, that you would have ordering from AccessoryJack.

All brands really give you are nebulous hand-wavey estimates until they’re ready to go.
I'm not sure which country you are shipping to and from, but you can can try jaben Malaysia, there stuff is pretty cheap, they have shops around the world and ship worldwide, accessory jack, a HK base company does worldwide shipping, as you have said, use a shipping company, but check out there fee.

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #1,947 of 15,327
pic.jpg
Anyone else use a different carrying piece then the one Sony provided? I much prefer the CA mesh bag in the case versus the other.

I am also amazed how much these scale depending on the varying sources you listen to them on...

Not sure what should be my primary source as I primarily listen to Spotify, thinking of trying the woo audio WA11 when it comes out.

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,948 of 15,327
I use vannuys. Similar to the CFA pouch but with the ability to wrap the cable as well. Normally I don’t bother wrapping the cable since I put this in a hard pouch compartment in my backpack, but if I’m not carrying my backpack it’s nice being able to wrap the cable neatly with the pouch.

2414EEF2-38DD-41C7-AB52-977166401DA5.jpeg

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #1,949 of 15,327
I use vannuys. Similar to the CFA pouch but with the ability to wrap the cable as well. Normally I don’t bother wrapping the cable since I put this in a hard pouch compartment in my backpack, but if I’m not carrying my backpack it’s nice being able to wrap the cable neatly with the pouch.

What the "H" is that ? Two bags ? What if you sit on it ?

Apr 11, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #1,950 of 15,327

That looks nice, did you buy that in Japan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back