Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Dec 27, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #2,431 of 4,748
Darn it!! beach audio just cancelled my auntie's order.. it says "credit card issue"
this really gave me false hope..    my auntie's issued CC is billed here in the Philippines.

she had an address in the US that she used to ship it from beach audio but i guess it's because of her credit card's billing address that's why they cancelled it..

please help, what do you suggest me to do?

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #2,432 of 4,748
Try to ask your aunt if she is able to complete the shipping details that are same as billing, and make sure the billing address is of US (your relative) address.
Some US company system is avoiding credit card scam by auto declining transaction having overseas billing address even though the shipping is to US address. It worked for me when I tried to by Norstrom shoes for my "cinderella" from and using Australia issued Visa.

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #2,434 of 4,748

Quote:
yes she was able to.. but her CC billing address is in the Philippines maybe that's why.. she had an address at US too.

anyway I just used the Johnny Air Cargo service in the U.S.

Soullinker. Just got my IE80s and an moving them :wink:. So far I prefer them even to my FX700s... No EQ needed anymore. No cloudy mid range. No mid bass bloat. :)

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #2,436 of 4,748
A few things I wish to share. First off, the EX1000 sounds even more refined and transparent (which I hadn't imagined possible) when paired with the Studio-V. The two are a match made in heaven. Second, I'm using a 75 ohm impedance adapter with the Studio-V, as a means of eliminating any hiss I'd encounter otherwise. Suffice to say, it works like a charm. And lastly, the Meelec M6 tips (shown below) work tremendously well with the EX1000. I'm using the small ones myself, to acquire a much deeper seal. The aforementioned 3, when combined, just brought new meaning to my EX1000, as it still reigns supreme, over every other universal I've owned to date. 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 31, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #2,437 of 4,748
Omg... Just when I thought I was out… they now pull me back in ...
confused_face_2.gif

BTW: Where can I order the Meelec M6 tips ?
L3000.gif
  Thanks i2ehan

Dec 31, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #2,439 of 4,748
Ok...Thank you Selenium.

Jan 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #2,440 of 4,748

Quote:
A few things I wish to share. First off, the EX1000 sounds even more refined and transparent (which I hadn't imagined possible) when paired with the Studio-V. The two are a match made in heaven. Second, I'm using a 75 ohm impedance adapter with the Studio-V, as a means of eliminating any hiss I'd encounter otherwise. Suffice to say, it works like a charm. And lastly, the Meelec M6 tips (shown below) work tremendously well with the EX1000. I'm using the small ones myself, to acquire a much deeper seal. The aforementioned 3, when combined, just brought new meaning to my EX1000, as it still reigns supreme, over every other universal I've owned to date. 
ksc75smile.gif

I have to agree with ie2han on how good this Studio V is. It really take the IE80s to a new level. Just something about the synergy... Even the FX700s sound good on it but I just keep getting drawn back into using the IE80s...

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #2,441 of 4,748
Quote:
I have to agree with ie2han on how good this Studio V is. It really take the IE80s to a new level. Just something about the synergy... Even the FX700s sound good on it but I just keep getting drawn back into using the IE80s...

So what about the hiss? Why the need for a 75 ohm impedance adapter?

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2,442 of 4,748

Quote:

The hiss isn't as bad as its being made out to be but ie2han says it completely eliminates any hiss and that is something I am going to try out. I prefer no hiss at all if possible but for the sound that I am getting with the IE80s, I am willing to live with this minor flaw. When music is playing I cannot hear the hiss. On very quite passages the hiss is audible but generally (98% of the time) there is no issue. Having a player with 85+ hours of flac playback time, a dedicated Class A amp (can be used with other DAPs) that sounds just like the $375.00 RSA Mustang, a very simple and fast UI with sturdy tactile buttons, Micro SD card support and a very beautiful and sturdy brushed aluminum body. This is the Audiophile DAP IMO.

Jan 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #2,443 of 4,748
Quote:

I hear you james. Truthfully, there shouldn't be a need for one at all. I'm a low level listener, always have been, and always will be, as long as my hearing permits me to. However, with the Studio-V, I found that unless I listened at reasonably higher volume levels than I normally would, the background wasn't black, and there was a mild hiss present. However mild it may be, I prefer no hiss at all of course. Fortunately, I just so happened to have an impedance adapter around from when I purchased my very first ER4, and paired with the adapter, there's no hiss whatsoever.

The Studio-V certainly isn't perfect, and this is definitely an issue Hisound needs to be made fully aware of, so that they may implement changes where necessary. I'll speak to Jack about this, as I happen to chat with him quite often, via Skype. I can tell you this much, my friend, with the discounted price in mind, I'm quite content. Else, I most probably would have looked elsewhere after reading reports of said hiss, especially in a DAP over $300.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2,444 of 4,748
Ok, thanks for the explanation. And sorry for being inquisitive, but as you know, I've been there before. Hiss is a major issue when you listen to classical, because there are a lot of quiet passages. I didn't have much luck with impedance adapters back then, hope things will work out for you.

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #2,445 of 4,748

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the explanation. And sorry for being inquisitive, but as you know, I've been there before. Hiss is a major issue when you listen to classical, because there are a lot of quiet passages. I didn't have much luck with impedance adapters back then, hope things will work out for you.

No problem. I'm sure things will work out just fine. In all honesty if I had to live with it I could but it would be Audio Nirvana to have this device has a black background... But as ie2han says the fact that we got this device at $175.00 really makes it well worth the money. Now at $350.00 Id give it a big "hell no!". I won't even be considering the Hifiman 801 at such a crazy price range. Just too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back