Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Aug 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #1,982 of 4,748
try this one...

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #1,988 of 4,748
Aug 23, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #1,991 of 4,748

Quote:

Joking aside, a dot (usually followed by an edit footnote) means 'deleted'.

Ah ok, Thanks for that. I definitely did not know that. Now, the question begs, what is it that music felt he needed to delete? LOL

Aug 25, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #1,992 of 4,748
So I spent some quality time enjoying the 1000's today and I'd have to say my favorite thing about them is the airy presentation and open soundstage.  They present the music to me as if I'm at an open air concert, near the stage front.

Years ago, in Atlanta we used to have the Music Midtown festival and about 100 or so bands would come out and play at several different stages over the weekend for about $60.  Those days were great, pressing your way to the front of the various stages to see your favorite bands.  The 1000's kind of bring that feeling back with their amazing airy presentation.

Then of course a close second and third is their amazing bass and transparency but I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before.  The ZO and the Sony's are a match made in heaven.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #1,994 of 4,748
I just received these today and I've been listening for a few hours.  I would not consider these to be bass heavy but the bass that is there is among the best I've heard.  The quality and quantity is almost perfect.  I am a huge fan of the IE8's airiness but the Sony's do something more.  I can't explain in technical terms but the Sony's add an element that is amazing.  One gripe I have is the hot treble.  When listening to instrumental music, the whole presentation is spot on.  When I'm listening to music with vocals, the S's can be quite piercing.  From what I've read this is something that will not go away I assume.  For now, it is not enough of a bother to disregard how incredible the rest of the spectrum sound on these babies.  Looks like I'm going to have to grab the ZO to enhance the sound even more.  A little time with the E11 and the Sony's did not match very well.  

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #1,995 of 4,748
yes the ZO is utterly amazing with the Sony EX's, they will blow your mind ssooo baaddd! I think Ashton Kutcher works with Sony? so be prepared to be EXed, as wel as ZOified, buwahaha!!  

tongue.gif
beerchug.gif
basshead.gif
eek.gif
atsmile.gif
 nothing does the mind better!!

Quote:

I've yet to find an equal match; their synergy is as if the Zo was built exclusively with the EX1000 in mind. Nothing like it, really.
biggrin.gif

NO NO NO they were built exclusively for the 600's, lol, but I can't wait to get a pair of 1000 to try them with aswell!! nothing like blowing my mind, el naturale!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back