Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Jul 13, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #1,051 of 4,748
Quote:
So from what I understand, I said something either really funny or real stupid. So what is it? I would really like to know. Since you don't explain the cause of your laughter, it seems that it is something really obvious. Otherwise, these posts are offensive IMO.

No harm intended my friend. We're simply trying to lighten the atmosphere. The "round and round" image was intended only to remind myself and others not to stray from the intended discussion (as is continually done with threads as large as this one), and to not continually bicker between differing opinions. A wise (
rolleyes.gif
) man once said, an opinion is like an arse, everyones got one and it's full of crap. Not my own words of course, but humorous nonetheless.
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #1,052 of 4,748
Quote:
No harm intended my friend. We're simply trying to lighten the atmosphere. The "round and round" image was intended only to remind myself and others not to stray from the intended discussion (as is continually done with threads as large as this one), and to not continually bicker between differing opinions. A wise (
rolleyes.gif
) man once said, an opinion is like an arse, everyones got one and it's full of crap. Not my own words of course, but humorous nonetheless.
tongue.gif

Ok, but this forum is all opinions and about opinions. So I guess you can say that it's full of crap with everyone trying to show "who is the boss," even if they don't realize it. Makes sense to me - it's in our natures to be like this.

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #1,053 of 4,748
Indeed. There's more truth in that statement than meets the eye. Time and time again, it's almost necessary to follow each statement with "IMO", opposed to assuming the speaker is addressing their opinion, and not making a general claim that holds true for all audiences. I suppose to make things easier, I'll substitute "my crap" in place of "my opinion". For example, with respect to the discussion at hand, if anyone cares to hear my crap, the EX1000 is an exceptionally sounding IEM, in every regard. See how much better that sounds? 
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #1,054 of 4,748
Pianist I swear you are making some unique posts not in line with what I call important but your thoughts are intriguing again like Eric said PM me.

If not then don't 
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #1,055 of 4,748

Quote:
Ok, but this forum is all opinions and about opinions. So I guess you can say that it's full of crap with everyone trying to show "who is the boss," even if they don't realize it. Makes sense to me - it's in our natures to be like this.

No, we are trying to show which earphone is boss.

This isn't a forum for wine tasting, I think a lot of people here are looking at earphones like cars, and taking them for a drive around the track, and judging objective qualities, it seems you are not one of these people then but I think some of your posts are interpreted as such, so some people ridicule you for saying that car X drives fast one day, and slow the next, I haven't personally seen many controversial posts from you though so it's all good, but I did think you were a "mystic" reviewer once when you said the ER-4S is on another level than the ER-4P.

Jul 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #1,056 of 4,748
Quote:
Pianist I swear you are making some unique posts not in line with what I call important but your thoughts are intriguing again like Eric said PM me.

If not then don't 
wink.gif

confused_face.gif
Huh?

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #1,057 of 4,748
Actually this hobby has more in line with wine-tasting than car racing. There are so many variables that coincide with personal preferences, so trying to get to an absolute is useless most of the time. It's more like musical preferences, you can be objective to some extent but there are points in which everything becomes an opinion.  Opinions change there is nothing wrong with that, if anything Pianist is very honest about the whole thing. 

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #1,059 of 4,748
Well I'm speaking of the aspects of personal preference. Supposed quality factors at times are full of bull. 

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #1,063 of 4,748

Users who are viewing this thread

Back