Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Oct 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #2,956 of 4,748

+1.

I used to own a pair of IE80, after I had been listening to the EX1000 for a while I couldn't take the IE80 anymore in the end. The IE80's bass just overpowers the details making my music sometimes sound muddy. The treble of the IE80 is very smooth and 'elastic".

I wanted to purchase the IE80 a while back but at the end I went with EX-1000. If both IEM bass is eq to the same volume EX-1000 will have a much more detailed and textured bass. My only issue with ex-1000 is the treble which can get hot at points.

I just checked ebay and they are selling the xba-h3 for 540 AUD!

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #2,957 of 4,748
  I wanted to purchase the IE80 a while back but at the end I went with EX-1000. If both IEM bass is eq to the same volume EX-1000 will have a much more detailed and textured bass. My only issue with ex-1000 is the treble which can get hot at points.

I just checked ebay and they are selling the xba-h3 for 540 AUD!

I have serious doubt that the H3 will outdo the EX1000 given the sparse info I have read so far.

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #2,958 of 4,748
I think this thread deserves a new post or even a pic once in a while. It's been a very fun year for my DIY project using the EX1000 and the Leckerton as the reference iem/amp. I have come to appreciate how a superior dap can actually get the most and best out of my EX1000. It makes me wondering why the hell other head-fi'ers need to own so many pairs of iem's. LOL.

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #2,962 of 4,748
  I think this thread deserves a new post or even a pic once in a while. It's been a very fun year for my DIY project using the EX1000 and the Leckerton as the reference iem/amp. I have come to appreciate how a superior dap can actually get the most and best out of my EX1000. It makes me wondering why the hell other head-fi'ers need to own so many pairs of iem's. LOL.

To whatever it worth, EX1000 still has its flaws~~~
So, yes, i still have my UM miracle for better sealing and comfort, my TF10 for better pop and rock.
No matter how much you push it from your source, you can not change who they are~~~~~

Cheers

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #2,963 of 4,748

To whatever it worth, EX1000 still has its flaws~~~
So, yes, i still have my UM miracle for better sealing and comfort, my TF10 for better pop and rock.
No matter how much you push it from your source, you can not change who they are~~~~~

Cheers

To me the flaw is that Sony discontinued this amazingly sounding iem's (to my ears). If there are other flaws, I look for those from my source or recording.

As for comfort, these Sony's are the most comfortable with non-intrusive tips/insertion and almost weightless housing. With that said, I do admire those whose ears can take abuse from deep penetration. Kudos to them :) 

Of course, YMMV & JMHO

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #2,965 of 4,748
  Hey guys I have a pair of Heir Audio 4.Ai to trade for your EX1000, if you are interested please PM me.

lol, how can you trade a custom to an universal?
I think the re-shell and ear impression + shipping will get you a EX1000 already~~~~~

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #2,967 of 4,748
I am very happy I am reunited with my ex1000 after 2 years when I sold them. I am one of the posters here where I couldn't handle the treble of it. I only use iPod classic before. Now, I'm gonna take everything I said back. I use it with the 901 balanced card and set to high gain. I even listened with my most sibilanced tracks and yes there is a little but doesn't hurt not even a bit. I would say it needs a powerful source as what the review on the innerfidelity.com says.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #2,968 of 4,748
I am very happy I am reunited with my ex1000 after 2 years when I sold them. I am one of the posters here where I couldn't handle the treble of it. I only use iPod classic before. Now, I'm gonna take everything I said back. I use it with the 901 balanced card and set to high gain. I even listened with my most sibilanced tracks and yes there is a little but doesn't hurt not even a bit. I would say it needs a powerful source as what the review on the innerfidelity.com says.

Welcome back and we forgive you. LOL.

The EX1000 is keeping me from joining the $1000 hi-end iem clubs because it renders my music the way it is supposed to sound. That quality bass can't be a problem for switching to other iem's. At least that's for me.

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #2,969 of 4,748
Welcome back and we forgive you. LOL.

The EX1000 is keeping me from joining the $1000 hi-end iem clubs because it renders my music the way it is supposed to sound.

Strongly agree in the case of EX1000 vs customs for me.. ex1000's presentation and sound is what I would say musical for me.. i was really surprised on how it sounds when i pitted it with my jh

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #2,970 of 4,748
EX1000 is truly dynamic with that airy, energetic and fresh sounding thanks to its excellent bass and treble. Yes treble could be a little hot/grainy/thin with certain poorly-recorded tracks or inferior source, but I don't blame it on the EXK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back