Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Sep 25, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #4,277 of 4,748
when it comes to bass in Ex1000 is the best quality and the purest of all iems which I had se5ult, obravo eamt2c, obravo ra-cu, xelento, shure se535 , lime ears ...
Wow, obravo line up not so good?

Oct 3, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #4,278 of 4,748
Picked up a pair of these babies a couple of days back

y6b6Ulq.jpg

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #4,280 of 4,748
Picked up a pair of these babies a couple of days back

y6b6Ulq.jpg

How was it? Braided cables worn over ear for mdr-ex iems irritates my ears for some reason, gained a new appreciation for the teknorote stuff they used for their stock cabels. Hope it's not much of an issue for you

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #4,281 of 4,748
How was it? Braided cables worn over ear for mdr-ex iems irritates my ears for some reason, gained a new appreciation for the teknorote stuff they used for their stock cabels. Hope it's not much of an issue for you

That’s a bummer man. I much prefer the braided cable. It’s more comfortable for me compared to the stock cable which I found too stiff.

Sound wise, it’s early days yet, but my initial impressions are very, very positive. The foremost word that comes to my mind is ‘analog’. It’s a very special IEM.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #4,282 of 4,748
After getting the EX800 and curiosity got the better of me, decided to jump on a pair of EX1000. It only came with the short cable, so I had to butcher that to make a ghetto custom long cable. Its ugly, but it works.

really loving them so far, I might even get some MMCX adapters.

20190925_155205.jpg

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #4,284 of 4,748
Very nice. So would you say the 1000s are a nice upgrade from the 800? Side grade? Treble peaky?

I'm not sensitive to treble so the occasional upper mid peak didn't bother me. Not as much as IT04's, at least (that thing felt a bit sibilant at times). EX800 felt a bit subdued despite liking it, so I got the EX1000 with the intention of keeping the one I prefer. EX1000 won out, it just feels clearer. Its definitely an upgrade for me.

Still keeping the foam filters in, it did felt a bit tiring without them despite the increased clarity.

Honestly I'd have quite a hard time picking between this and the Andromeda.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #4,285 of 4,748
I'm not sensitive to treble so the occasional upper mid peak didn't bother me. Not as much as IT04's, at least (that thing felt a bit sibilant at times). EX800 felt a bit subdued despite liking it, so I got the EX1000 with the intention of keeping the one I prefer. EX1000 won out, it just feels clearer. Its definitely an upgrade for me.

Still keeping the foam filters in, it did felt a bit tiring without them despite the increased clarity.

Honestly I'd have quite a hard time picking between this and the Andromeda.
but andro and ex1000 is just different. A total night and day difference. ex1k is basically a flat with width and treble attack. Andro is closed warm, thicc vocals, with a smudge of highs.

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #4,286 of 4,748
but andro and ex1000 is just different. A total night and day difference. ex1k is basically a flat with width and treble attack. Andro is closed warm, thicc vocals, with a smudge of highs.

Yup, I made no comment about signature and whatnot, only that I would really be hard-pressed to pick either one. Do note that I ran Andro with about 3ohm OI, so the bass was a bit more polite.

Another candidate would be the Sony M9, but sadly only managed a short demo on it (and the M7).

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #4,287 of 4,748
Yup, I made no comment about signature and whatnot, only that I would really be hard-pressed to pick either one. Do note that I ran Andro with about 3ohm OI, so the bass was a bit more polite.

Another candidate would be the Sony M9, but sadly only managed a short demo on it (and the M7).
Can m9 bass be tamed with higher OI though? Haven't heard of it but kinda interested to hear them.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #4,289 of 4,748
After the issue with my Null Audio cable being wired out of phase, I received a replacement from Null Audio today. I checked with both my multimeter and ears and indeed the phase issue has been fixed.

Since the Lune MKV was recently replaced with the MKVI, they used the new cable - but I didn't like the copper trim on the hardware so Null instead used the silver & carbon fiber hardware from their Symphonym cable. The new cable is thicker than the MKV - though still reasonably sized for an IEM. Overall, the new cable seems well made and sounds good.

I'm pleasantly surprised with Null Audio's customer service; I started out with the expectation that it might be a difficult experience, but in the end the customer service was very good. Other than the replacement taking a little while to build & ship, everything else about the experience was good.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #4,290 of 4,748
After the issue with my Null Audio cable being wired out of phase, I received a replacement from Null Audio today. I checked with both my multimeter and ears and indeed the phase issue has been fixed.

Since the Lune MKV was recently replaced with the MKVI, they used the new cable - but I didn't like the copper trim on the hardware so Null instead used the silver & carbon fiber hardware from their Symphonym cable. The new cable is thicker than the MKV - though still reasonably sized for an IEM. Overall, the new cable seems well made and sounds good.

I'm pleasantly surprised with Null Audio's customer service; I started out with the expectation that it might be a difficult experience, but in the end the customer service was very good. Other than the replacement taking a little while to build & ship, everything else about the experience was good.
Glad to hear it all worked out fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back