Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Sep 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #1,157 of 4,536
One for the nerdier collectables in the collection. Very cool though for all you Denon fans.

Denon 45 RPM Demonstration LP (1978)

"This japanese pressed LP is the showcase of Denon's digital mastering achievement during
the early days of digital sound recording technology. In 1978, digital audio was just starting
and the technology was still in its infancy, but yet Denon was able to show the digital prowess
with this demonstration LP."

Highlight track is 'The Hustle - Theme from SWAT'

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #1,158 of 4,536
Great thread. Finding some awesome new things to listen to.

_Lateralus_ - TOOL esp. 'Reflection'
_Becoming X_ - The Sneaker Pimps 'Low Place Like Home' is such a great opening song for you bass-heads.
'Day of the Baphomets' - The Mars Volta - The intro bass solo should blow your mind. If it doesn't get new cans. :wink: (Most of the Mars volta should be on this list, really. The songs have so much going on that they will be a good test for any system/ear!)
_10,000 Days_ - TOOL - esp. 'Jambi' and '10,000 Days'. Oh, and the rest of the album. :wink:
'Eulogy' - TOOL. The intro esp. has some amazingly haunting details. (I am trying to not just put every tool song on here.)
'I'm So Sick' - Flyleaf  - The MUCH more raw LP version. Great soundstage, esp with the vocals.
_MTV Unplugged with Alice in Chains_ - Its everything you want and more.
_Long Hair in Three Stages_ - U.S. Maple - 'And now for something completely different.'
_The Woods_  - Sleater-Kinney - Especially 'Steep Air'
'Hurt' - Johnny Cash
Radiohead.

I guess that is enough.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 6, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #1,160 of 4,536
This. 1000 times this. I just listened to a FLAC version of this on my SRH440s this weekend. What a great idea that was.

Quote:
Cliched contribution today but I just got round to sourcing a copy - It's true what they say, this recording is almost exemplary.
Very close to topping my 'Joe Satriani Live in Paris' as best live guitar recording.

Eric Clapton - Unplugged

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #1,163 of 4,536

Quote:
Vangelis - Rachel's Song 

(Esper Edition Version)

No words, just amazing OST and Song!!!

Thumbs up! This is probably his best work. 'Tears in the Rain' ranks highly on my list too.

Sep 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #1,164 of 4,536

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (1976)

An ambient electronic tour de force that should reside in every electronica fan's collection.

"Oxygène is an album of instrumental electronic music composed, produced, and performed by the French composer Jean Michel Jarre.
It was first released in France in December 1976, on Disques Dreyfus with license to Polydor.
The album's international release was in summer 1977.  Jarre recorded the album in his home using a variety
of analog synthesizers and other electronic instruments and effects.
It became a bestseller and was highly influential in the development of electronic music.
It is Jarre's first mainstream success, and can be seen as his first real artist album.
It has been described as the album that "led the synthesizer revolution of the Seventies."

Sep 7, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #1,167 of 4,536

Quote:
Deep Purple - Made in Japan !!

And may I inform all readers that during the solo of Lazy, Ritchie Blackmore quotes the well-known Swedish Rhapsody Midsummer Vigil by Hugo Alfvén, composed in 1904. Richie Blackmore must have heard the popular recordings of this classical lollipop made by Percy Faith and Mantovani in the 1950s, both bestsellers.

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #1,168 of 4,536

Two Steps from Hell - United We Stand, Divided We Fall (Amazing composition)

Justice - Genesis (Featured in a commercial for Assassin's Creed)

Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Tower Movement II-IV (Needs no introduction)

Queensryche - Silent Lucidity (Special place in my heart for this song)

Gorillaz - 19-2000 (Soulchild Remix) (Always gets me hyped up)

I could spam this thread (Even more) to hell with songs that I personally think are amazing for this concept, but I'll just keep it at these.

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #1,170 of 4,536

Quote:
And may I inform all readers that during the solo of Lazy, Ritchie Blackmore quotes the well-known Swedish Rhapsody Midsummer Vigil by Hugo Alfvén, composed in 1904. Richie Blackmore must have heard the popular recordings of this classical lollipop made by Percy Faith and Mantovani in the 1950s, both bestsellers.

That's what the melody's named. I noticed that in his solo, but was too lazy to look it up, lol. thanks for the cool info! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back