Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Sep 7, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #1,171 of 4,539
Fush Yu Mang by Smash Mouth or Third Eye Blind by Third Eye Blind, both of which were produced by Eric Valentine. Awesome producer, both albums just are so full sounding on my headphones, very "3D" percussion. Also, I know this is weird, but Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. Incredibly well produced song, even on my just-barely-ok Senn PMX 90's it just sounds great.

Sep 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #1,172 of 4,539
From the smooth vocals to the heavy bassline, I enjoy this cut through my headphones.

If you can find a lossless version be sure and treat yourself.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6urbZyHgO4&ob=av2e[/VIDEO]

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #1,174 of 4,539
Bassnectar - Hot Right Now
The Bloody Beetroots - Ill to Destroy
The Bloody Beetroots - 72 Virgins
Crookers - Il Cattivo
Gamma Ray - Abyss of the Void
The Glitch Mob - Beyond Monday
Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious (Favorite group and favorite song)
Iron Savior - Tyranny of Steal (Epic Intro)
Pendulum - Immunize
Pendulum - The Vulture
Pendulum - Blood Sugar
The Qemists - Stompbox
Skrillex - Reptile Theme

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #1,175 of 4,539
Plenty of these so-called audiophile compilations getting around. This one though is particularly good.

"I produced the first Ultimate Demonstration Disc in 1995, and it went on to be a huge success. It caught on with audiophiles, especially those who read audiophile magazines like "Stereophile" and "The Absolute Sound," but didn't fully understand the lexicon of sound. Audiophile reviewers use words like "transparent" and "soundstage depth" all the time, but rarely describe exactly what the words mean. With the original and now this new UDD I spell out what to listen for on each tune. And since Chesky recordings are made by and for audiophiles the entire recording chain -- the microphones, mic preamps, mixer, and analog-to-digital converter -- is custom built to high-end standards. To produce the purist, most natural sound Chesky avoids the use of dynamic range compressors, equalizers, and overdubbing. The sessions are all "live" so the microphones "hear" what you would have heard if you were present at the session. The Chesky sound is so neutral, transparent and natural, our recordings can be used to reveal differences between various brands of high-end speakers, electronics and cables. Chesky Records has learned a lot over the past thirteen years so it's no surprise the Ultimate Demonstration Disc, Volume 2 sounds even better than Volume 1. Enjoy!" ~ Steve Guttenberg

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #1,176 of 4,539

Quote:
Maybe not the best recording ever, but love the dynamics and storytelling of this album.  Allows me to really get lost in the music.

I can't read any of the words on this album to tell what it is. Any help on deciphering?

Sep 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #1,180 of 4,539
Time for a forgotten classic.

"Neil Ardley based this 1979 album on the ancient idea of the Harmony of the Spheres, the idea that each planet
produces a musical note related to its orbit. It was reasoned that, as everything in the heavens is perfect, the notes
must sound together to produce a perfect harmony. Neil Ardley synthesized the actual harmony of the spheres,
deriving the frequencies of the notes from the orbital periods of the planets. It can be heard in the all-synthesizer track
Soft Stillness and the Night, and it is appropriately mysterious and dramatic.

The album features John Martyn on guitar over a rich orchestral sound, mixing electronic with acoustic
instruments and voices. Harmony of the Spheres was the subject of a 30-minute film directed by Peter Walker
and shown on ITV's The South Bank Show in 1979.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #1,183 of 4,539
Sounds amazing on PRO 900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back