So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Mar 31, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #1,561 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Operator7G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
look at my avatar, can any one identify the amp connected to my K271 ??? This is a trivia question.

Sennheiser DSP Pro digital sound processor module (from the old HD580DSP combo).
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #1,563 of 2,328
Mine have about that, maybe a little more, but I got them recabled, and that eliminated the treble brightness.

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #1,564 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine have about that, maybe a little more, but I got them recabled, and that eliminated the treble brightness.

Are we the only ones with S2 Audio recables as of now? I think we need to help our little group grow Skylab!
tongue.gif
. Honestly though, these headphones recabled are wonderful, although I don't think headphones at $250 should NEED to be recabled to be enjoyable for everyone. I enjoyed them stock, but some people don't.

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #1,565 of 2,328
I ordered a HFI-780 from buy.com (under $200) this weekend. If it like it enough, I may end up selling my A900LTDs. I probably will have to wait quite a while before I decide if I will like it according to the thread (500 hours to burn in!). Anyway, I am looking forward to trying a new can. I use to have the DJ1 Pro but didn't really like it that much. Actually, I couldn't really keep it from slipping off my head, that was annoying.
smily_headphones1.gif

slwiser: I know that you used to have the a900ltds. Which do you prefer (900ltds or 780s)? I guess that is hard to answer since you no longer have them and you HFI-780 is recabled but whatever you could say will be appreciated. I can A/B them myself but I figure that the 780s will take a long time to settle in and I am eager to hear your opinion.

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #1,566 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we the only ones with S2 Audio recables as of now? I think we need to help our little group grow Skylab!
tongue.gif
. Honestly though, these headphones recabled are wonderful, although I don't think headphones at $250 should NEED to be recabled to be enjoyable for everyone. I enjoyed them stock, but some people don't.

You're going to have another member soon.
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #1,567 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Operator7G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif

Oh my god !

How about the other headphones in the HFI line (580 680). Or the new DJ1, it has a bigger driver, o the sound must be a bit darker?

my HFI580 are brighter than my old DJ1 (classic, not the revised specs with S-logic plus)...
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #1,568 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

And another one
biggrin.gif
. I know for a fact that one member is close to buying a cardas to send to Scott for recabling their 780s with.

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #1,569 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a HFI-780 from buy.com (under $200)

$185 shipped with google checkout discount. I'll probably end up going for this... I wish there was a clear consensus on where they finally end up. I'm not sure I like surprises when they leave an almost $200 hole in my pocket.

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #1,570 of 2,328
If you answered my posts and MP, i will be one of your clients, but i don't known what is that you are thinking about...
Quote:

wink.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #1,571 of 2,328
You can always sell on the FS forum and end up with a much smaller hole in your pocket. You can think about it as renting the headphone. It is FUN to try new headphones, is it not?

Edit: I just noticed that you are a student so maybe you don't have as much money to throw around....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Than /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$185 shipped with google checkout discount. I'll probably end up going for this... I wish there was a clear consensus on where they finally end up. I'm not sure I like surprises when they leave an almost $200 hole in my pocket.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #1,573 of 2,328
Quote:

wink.gif

I'm thinking these are the ones I sold to and am sending on Pangaea's behalf (it's on its way btw).

It's on to a better home that can afford a recable. The HFI-780 experiment is done on my end. I think I reached near 300 hrs burn-in.

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #1,574 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you answered my posts and MP, i will be one of your clients, but i don't known what is that you are thinking about...

Hmm... sorry about that. We went back and forth several times but I guess I lost track on where we ended. Please PM me with a final offering and I'll respond tomorrow (Tuesday).

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
cool.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #1,575 of 2,328
Ok, i will contact you later. But please, answer me the question that i put in the Customized DT990 (MANUFAKTUR) thread and the last MP that i send you eleven days ago. Is very important for me.

Thank you very much

Quote:

Hmm... sorry about that. We went back and forth several times but I guess I lost track on where we ended. Please PM me with a final offering and I'll respond tomorrow (Tuesday).

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back