Smyth Research Realiser A16
May 7, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #2,657 of 16,011
That information has to be incorrect; I got measured at AIX in fall 2016 specifically for the A16. We had to use an A8 since no A16s were stateside at that time, but I was told that the measurement would be usable on the A16, with the only compromise being confined to the more limited head-tracking of the A8. Given that the session cost a decent chunk of change, I'll be enraged if the this is now true.

Here is an excerpt from my conversation with Mr Kramer at the time:
v9uW5bh.png

And from Smyth's QA portion of their website:
"Q3: Are A8 PRIR files compatible with the A16?
A3: Yes."

I saw that on the website too. So the email (from within last two months) seemed to contradict that. They should clarify all this.

May 7, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #2,658 of 16,011
I got in touch with Mr Kramer yesterday. I mentioned the comments from James, to which he responded with:

"A8 measurements can be used on the A16. Technically they are converted to A16 format upon loading and can be re-saved in A16 format if desired."

Seems to be settled then. Must have been some miscommunication on James' part.

May 8, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #2,659 of 16,011
I got in touch with Mr Kramer yesterday. I mentioned the comments from James, to which he responded with:

"A8 measurements can be used on the A16. Technically they are converted to A16 format upon loading and can be re-saved in A16 format if desired."

Seems to be settled then. Must have been some miscommunication on James' part.

This is what I plan to do, take my old but really awesome 7 channel PRIR and add heights all the way around to create Auro 3D and all the other formats as well. In the A16, you can load two separate PRIR's together to create more channels.

May 9, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #2,661 of 16,011
We should get an update!

I agree. I had assumed that they missed the end of April update because they were planning on announcing a ship date not long after (since they mentioned they planned to launch 4-6 weeks after CanJam). Now I’m not really sure what to think as tomorrow we’re already 10 days into the month.

May 10, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #2,662 of 16,011
I agree. I had assumed that they missed the end of April update because they were planning on announcing a ship date not long after (since they mentioned they planned to launch 4-6 weeks after CanJam). Now I’m not really sure what to think as tomorrow we’re already 10 days into the month.

Right?! I mean they can organize to go to an event on the other side of the world with their loudspeakers, loudspeaker stands etc. - alone transport and customs would be killing me.
But they can not write an email with an update?

May 10, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #2,663 of 16,011
But they can not write an email with an update?

If "No news is good news" was true - then we'd all be on cloud nine :wink:

Was being sarcastic when I put the cash down for the Audeze Mobius and "wondered" which one I'd get 1st - the Smyth unit was sure to be sent by then :wink:

I had a go at Musicday (members name??) 6 months (or so) ago when he was spruiking his enthusiasm at the "imminent" release/delivery of the A16 (I do apologise for that) but yeah, am passed the expectation stage.

I love reading the experiences from CanJam??? Think we only had a couple back on the forum this year?

The money I spent was a long time ago, so isn't bugging me.

I'm not negative on the waiting time anymore, not positive on the experience.

When I get the unit - I'm tipping it'll be absolutely everything I expect it to be.

Till then, I'll just twiddle my thumbs and listen to my headphones as I always have.

May 10, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #2,664 of 16,011
If "No news is good news" was true - then we'd all be on cloud nine :wink:

Was being sarcastic when I put the cash down for the Audeze Mobius and "wondered" which one I'd get 1st - the Smyth unit was sure to be sent by then :wink:

I had a go at Musicday (members name??) 6 months (or so) ago when he was spruiking his enthusiasm at the "imminent" release/delivery of the A16 (I do apologise for that) but yeah, am passed the expectation stage.

I love reading the experiences from CanJam??? Think we only had a couple back on the forum this year?

The money I spent was a long time ago, so isn't bugging me.

I'm not negative on the waiting time anymore, not positive on the experience.

When I get the unit - I'm tipping it'll be absolutely everything I expect it to be.

Till then, I'll just twiddle my thumbs and listen to my headphones as I always have.
My name is Levi and your apologies are accepted.I was and still am trying to stay positive about a near possible shipping date for the Realiser A16.It did sound very good at CanJam London 2017 , never experienced such a remarkable surround sound, even at cinema.
I am still hoping , i am positive that some very good news will be revealed soon.
Meanwhile let's collect more Dolby Atmos movies and 5.1channel recorded music.
Anyone pre-ordered the Hd820 to use with the Realiser?

May 10, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #2,665 of 16,011
I was and still am trying to stay positive about a near possible shipping date

Cheers bud - I am as excited as you are

For the possibilities.

Am waiting patiently for the delivery.

Jump on our side of the mailbox - it's a lot more peaceful :)

We get to yell out to the excited kids.. "GET OFF MY LAWN"

May 11, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #2,667 of 16,011
I dream of a Monday morning update with some good news.

Me too although I’ve been dreaming of that everyday since May 1st. :)

May 12, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #2,669 of 16,011
It sure would be about time - no matter if good or bad news!

I understand delays, but I don’t understand lack of communication ...
Not sure if Smyth Research is reading this thread,but if there will be an update will be on their website, or Kickstarter.
Hopefully the next update tells us about the real shipping date.

May 12, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #2,670 of 16,011
Not sure if Smyth Research is reading this thread,but if there will be an update will be on their website, or Kickstarter.
Hopefully the next update tells us about the real shipping date.
And from my understanding they will not be present in July at CanJam London as they are focusing on finishing the final details before the shipping process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back