1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Smyth Research Realiser A16

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jgazal, May 7, 2016.
First

Back
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
Next

Last
  1. musicday
    I am thinking about the HD820 but i would like to hear them before. So at CanJam London i will try them. Being a closed headphone with wide soundstage and deep bass may work for I hope we will all get it by then:)

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. StillaStillsFan
    I saw that on the website too. So the email (from within last two months) seemed to contradict that. They should clarify all this.

3. Dr. Strangelove
    I got in touch with Mr Kramer yesterday. I mentioned the comments from James, to which he responded with:

"A8 measurements can be used on the A16. Technically they are converted to A16 format upon loading and can be re-saved in A16 format if desired."

Seems to be settled then. Must have been some miscommunication on James' part.

4. Chillzone21
    This is what I plan to do, take my old but really awesome 7 channel PRIR and add heights all the way around to create Auro 3D and all the other formats as well. In the A16, you can load two separate PRIR's together to create more channels.

5. Richter Di
    We should get an update!

Maestroso and sphynxxx like this.
  6. Got the Shakes
    I agree. I had assumed that they missed the end of April update because they were planning on announcing a ship date not long after (since they mentioned they planned to launch 4-6 weeks after CanJam). Now I’m not really sure what to think as tomorrow we’re already 10 days into the month.

Maestroso likes this.
  7. Richter Di
    Right?! I mean they can organize to go to an event on the other side of the world with their loudspeakers, loudspeaker stands etc. - alone transport and customs would be killing me.
    But they can not write an email with an update?

8. raband
    If "No news is good news" was true - then we'd all be on cloud nine :wink:

Was being sarcastic when I put the cash down for the Audeze Mobius and "wondered" which one I'd get 1st - the Smyth unit was sure to be sent by then :wink:

I had a go at Musicday (members name??) 6 months (or so) ago when he was spruiking his enthusiasm at the "imminent" release/delivery of the A16 (I do apologise for that) but yeah, am passed the expectation stage.

I love reading the experiences from CanJam??? Think we only had a couple back on the forum this year?

The money I spent was a long time ago, so isn't bugging me.

I'm not negative on the waiting time anymore, not positive on the experience.

When I get the unit - I'm tipping it'll be absolutely everything I expect it to be.

Till then, I'll just twiddle my thumbs and listen to my headphones as I always have.

9. musicday
    My name is Levi and your apologies are accepted.I was and still am trying to stay positive about a near possible shipping date for the Realiser A16.It did sound very good at CanJam London 2017 , never experienced such a remarkable surround sound, even at cinema.
    I am still hoping , i am positive that some very good news will be revealed soon.
    Meanwhile let's collect more Dolby Atmos movies and 5.1channel recorded music.
    Anyone pre-ordered the Hd820 to use with the Realiser?

raband likes this.
  10. raband
    Cheers bud - I am as excited as you are

For the possibilities.

Am waiting patiently for the delivery.

Jump on our side of the mailbox - it's a lot more peaceful :)

We get to yell out to the excited kids.. "GET OFF MY LAWN"

11. sphynxxx
    I dream of a Monday morning update with some good news.

12. Got the Shakes
    Me too although I’ve been dreaming of that everyday since May 1st. :)

13. Maestroso
    It sure would be about time - no matter if good or bad news!

I understand delays, but I don’t understand lack of communication ...

14. musicday
    Not sure if Smyth Research is reading this thread,but if there will be an update will be on their website, or Kickstarter.
    Hopefully the next update tells us about the real shipping date.

15. musicday
    And from my understanding they will not be present in July at CanJam London as they are focusing on finishing the final details before the shipping process.

First

Back
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
Next

Last