SilverFi IEM Cables - Top Class Sounding IEM and Headphone Cables - Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Dec 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #62 of 115
  Well if it means anything, I have some of Sezai's XLR interconnects, & they made a huge difference to the sound. Yes Huge, I knew this only when after listening to them for a few weeks then thinking lets try the ol' cables again......My My I was left with a kind of deflated feeling. What just happened to my system?
The guy makes great cables, to my ears & everyone elses who has tried them also. As far as IEM cables go I cant say cos I have not heard anything from his stable of cable....
I have tried a few different cables though & found the best were Frank's at Toxic Cables. Again I havent heard Sezai's. Both are Masters of there trade.
Some or many of you I know dont believe in cables....If thats the case consider yourselves blessed....Cos you will save heaps of doe. But for people like myself, I can hear it instantly.
Then I cant go back to the stock cable.....Never should have heard it in the first place scenario.....Then I must have it.
Different strokes for different blokes, to me though cables bring another in another dimension to your already good system making it better sounding kinda tailoring it to your liking.

Taking that SilverFi IEMs cables are made by using same technology and logic with SilverFi interconnects into consideration, we can guess that we will be able to get same sonic differences from them. 

I too listen to some aftermarket cables including Whiplash and Tralucent silver cables for several times. Mr. Saktanber cables have more true tone compared to others. 

I am with maguire here, right to the point, try first and then talk. I know a little more about Stan systems, where one is very revealing and hide nothing, so, if anyone understands about such matter than is it maguire for sure. Of course, open mind and good ears are need it for any research and review, otherwise its pointless.
Mr. Sezai is not just third party cable seller, he develops and build them by hand from A to Z in a beautiful land Turkey. His speaker and headphones systems are top notch and I am completely convinced in his passion for music and nature, nothing should sound, look, smell or feel artificial, that’s how "crazy" he is, and to me, if you can create this, your must be gifted for sure. And now, we are blessed, at least, I feel like it, because we can not only buy, but also try them before that. How many well-known companies, who sells thousands USD expensive cables, do that? I don’t know any. And, I am not even starting about 20 years of warranty.

When folks saying that his cables are expensive, well, they may have the point, but why starting from the top, just give it a shot for his basic / middle line and be prepare willing to keep them right away. With an budget of USD 445 you will be able to buy Digital 2  and Spirit Interconnects from SilverFi and believe me, that is an very good and competitive investment. When the time is right, I will be trying more of his craftmanship, maybe also IEM cables for my Ety's.

Go and read his blog, if you don’t believe us.

If a R&D cost is high, so cable would be in higher pricing. The magic thing about these cables is its physical softness and also its soft touch to sound. 

I think you may consider getting a cable which gives ''body'' to your Ety. I don't know if you are happy with your Ety's sound signature with stock cable. Please don't get me wrong, I find Ety a bit lack of body and bass response. 

I would try...if it was possible to have a sheath other than white.

Perhaps, Mr Saktanber may look for a black sheath. Have you asked for it?

Nevermind. I don't want to engage in useless discussion about cables. Everyone can have its own opinion. Please though bear in mind that it is proved that price/luxury areola over a given product have vey big impact over our perception.

Chris, of course you can share your opinions. That would be helpful for Mr. Saktanber to think about the price policy, but please keep in mind, it is very difficult to make a cable starting from zero point :) 

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #63 of 115
I will wait until Mr. Sezai is ready to provide them. Yes, Ety's needs EQ to sound fuller and I dont know what to say about stock cable as I never compared to any other out there.

Quote:

I think you may consider getting a cable which gives ''body'' to your Ety. I don't know if you are happy with your Ety's sound signature with stock cable. Please don't get me wrong, I find Ety a bit lack of body and bass response. 

Dec 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #67 of 115
No need to be, he is the one who lost business, plenty of great cable makers out there.

Perhaps, there may not be a black sheath which carries the same quality with the white sheath. The sound may be better with white sheath, since there is no shield within the cable. I don't know, the white sheath may be better in terms of technics. He is using the same sheath on his interconnects. Let's ask him this situation.

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #68 of 115
I have just asked Mr. Saktanber why he is not using black sheath at the moment. 

He said that IEM cables are much different than interconnects in terms of hygiene.IEM cables touch a lot to human body; he doesn't find the painting on current black sheath healthy. He thinks that black painting may have allergic and carcinogenic effects and white sheath is much more healthy compared to black sheath. He is looking for a healthy black sheath to use within cables. Once he find the proper one, he will make cables in black sheath.

In sum, it is about health and I think it is a good production logic.  

Dec 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #73 of 115
I have to say that Sezai wrote me a very kind message on the subject of sheathing and that he would replace my sheath for free if he ever finds a good black sheeth in the future. He is a very commercial and proactive guy and I am considering getting one of these again.

Nice to see that mate. He is also very good listener and he knows what he hears. Depends on our system and preferences, he helps getting the correct cable regarding their sound signature. Without hesitating, we can take his advice by asking and discussing which one would be suitable for our system.

Dec 12, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #74 of 115
  I have to say that Sezai wrote me a very kind message on the subject of sheathing and that he would replace my sheath for free if he ever finds a good black sheeth in the future. He is a very commercial and proactive guy and I am considering getting one of these again.

Glad to hear that Mim. I am sure you gonna like it as I have been very happy with the demos I spent time with.

Dec 17, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #75 of 115
IEM2's impressions has been posted in the first page. Upcoming reviews: IEM4 and hopefully R1. 

The worldwide audition tour is going on. In order to signup, please follow:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/745982/silverfi-iem-cables-worldwide-audition-tour-limited-number-of-participants

Users who are viewing this thread

Back