SilverFi IEM Cables - Top Class Sounding IEM and Headphone Cables - Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Sep 12, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #106 of 115
Hope to see more take the leap of faith... Ergonomics takes some adjusting though.

https://theheadphonelist.com/the-silverfi-iem-r5/comment-page-1/#comment-175690

thl2.png

thl.png

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #108 of 115
Does anyone know if Mr Saktanber will braid his 12 conductor cables in any other braid? His braid looks great but its a bit awkward to wear outside.
Yes I think so. You can see if he will respond to a message here on head-fi and discuss the options @saktanbers . Don’t have an email for him though.

Jun 23, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #110 of 115
I believe this is the "other" braiding:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-hugo-2-us1-500-au2-100.903070/page-2#post-14954496

I had some photos from last summer on another thread I forgot to post. This is the R4. My sound pref sig is neutral, natural and life-like. The Lifatec glass optical checks that box. The Hugo2 checks that box and the R4 ooooozes neutrality and rich timbre like nothing else. With the addition of a Raspberry Pi Music Streamer/Renderer as the source, it brings it to a whole other level and comes as close to a Chord "mini-DAVE" as much as possible in a transportable form factor. It makes Redbook sound likes Hires with this setup the way Rob Watts repeatedly stating the virtues of Redbook >= Hires, but I did not quite completely buy-in. Now I'm bought-in and I understand this now with the source upgrade and have mostly done away with Hires. Great synergy all-around. Makes this hobby worth it, otherwise I would just quit this hobby if these options weren't available. So glad to have the option in SilverFi.

No mass produced filtered single supplier cables manufactured in the good ole' USA, but assembled in Asia then labeled as their own product. Anyone with a soldering gun can do that once they spec where to buy. I can even print labels off a printer and stick to cable connectors. Only SilverFi is in control of the whole process from raw materials to shipment. No labels on my cables, no Marketing whatsoever; just pure old-skool SQ goodness.

r4_pix.png

r4.png

Eidolic 2-pin connectors and a different short ergonomic ear hook is available upon request.

tilt.png

qut.png

Raspberry Pi Music Streamer powered by a Anker Battery Pack controlled with Wireless UI on iPhone and Apple Watch. Also use an IR Remote for navigation and volume control. All fits in a running belt.

Everything is near perfect and the R4 plays it's role well as does each cog in synergy.

Many thanks Sezai! You make this hobby worth pursuing for the purists. Anything less it would just not be worth the time and effort. Big ups to Nic for setting me on this pure neutral path. I'll be back around the Hugo3 launch. Time to start burning-in everything as I'm barely around the break-in point with all my gear due to time constraints. Time to enjoy the music... (Flat transfers from Master Source with no sound processing preferable as this is a pure neutral rig.) Till next phase rolls around...

some R4 impressions:

impressions by mrgray:

11213611.png
11213615.png
11213616.png
11213617.png
11213618.png
11213619.png
11213620.png

Thank you mrgray for your impressions... GL w/ moving on to the DAVE setup.

mrgray's classified ad (i believe he's focusing on his Chord DAVE 2-channel and moved away from portable audio):

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/silverfi-r4-iem-cable-for-sale-australia.916852/

Re-termination if needed for future maintenance:

Plussound - choose any connector $50 all-inclusive (thxs kdphan)
David from Triton Audio - unknown fees

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #111 of 115
I have also moved away from the portable world(had A18t) and bought myself an abyss phi cc with some desktop gear. I did pair my headphones with silverfi cables and my god does it sound good. I always thought iem cables made more difference than headphone cables but the hr4 they are something else. I've been trying to write a review and comparison but I'm currently not where my headphones are due to covid19.

Apr 13, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #112 of 115
some R4 impressions:

impressions by mrgray:

11213611.png11213615.png11213616.png11213617.png11213618.png11213619.png11213620.png

Thank you mrgray for your impressions... GL w/ moving on to the DAVE setup.

mrgray's classified ad (i believe he's focusing on his Chord DAVE 2-channel and moved away from portable audio):

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/silverfi-r4-iem-cable-for-sale-australia.916852/

Re-termination if needed for future maintenance:

Plussound - choose any connector $50 all-inclusive (thxs kdphan)
David from Triton Audio - unknown fees

I wonder whether it’s more difficult to do the re-termination due to silverfi’s flat braiding. Thinking on jumping on it, but a bit worried on the re-termination issue. I use 4.4mm exclusively now.

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #113 of 115
I have also moved away from the portable world(had A18t) and bought myself an abyss phi cc with some desktop gear. I did pair my headphones with silverfi cables and my god does it sound good. I always thought iem cables made more difference than headphone cables but the hr4 they are something else. I've been trying to write a review and comparison but I'm currently not where my headphones are due to covid19.

That would be amazing to see a hr4 review. Even more so if it scales well with headphones more than iems.

Stay safe. Just a hobby but it will certainly add a different twist to this thread.

I wonder whether it’s more difficult to do the re-termination due to silverfi’s flat braiding. Thinking on jumping on it, but a bit worried on the re-termination issue. I use 4.4mm exclusively now.

I know at one time Sezai offered the Furutech CF-7445 (R) 4.4mm TRRRS Balanced Connector:

https://www.moon-audio.com/furutech-cf-7445r.html

I don't think it makes a difference if it's flat or round (which he also offers) braiding because the ends turn out the same.

I'll try to confirm...

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #115 of 115
<< will re-post photos. >>

Here's some impressions in the meantime. Ergonomics not much of an issue anymore on the Black Series as it's more flexible versus the traditional sleeves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back