Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Dec 6, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #91 of 2,282
> They are already released over here.

Wait, so you're telling us that the SRH1840 is live in stores right now where you live?

If Shure delays sale of their own headphone in their own country.... well that would just be weird. I haven't seen so much as an announcement on the US Shure site.

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #92 of 2,282

Quote:
Nobody has made any complaint, only an observation on a possibility was made.
darthsmile.gif
 They are already released over here.

That does it! I'm moving to Hong-Kong.....

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #93 of 2,282
Wait wait wait. I'm actually going to be in Hong Kong soon on business. So these are seriously available in Hong Kong right now? Where? I wonder if they'd be on display.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #94 of 2,282
If Shure delays sale of their own headphone in their own country.... well that would just be weird. I haven't seen so much as an announcement on the US Shure site.

Similar to how Ford is only now starting to bring its hotted up twin turbo Ford Focus models to the US, when various iterations of the hottest Focus have been available in Europe for years.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #95 of 2,282
holy mother of sexy

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #97 of 2,282

Quote:
> They are already released over here.

Wait, so you're telling us that the SRH1840 is live in stores right now where you live?

They have been released by the Shure agent on their web site this morning over here along with three other models and I sent an email to them this morning on purchasing a pair. I don't think they have actually rolled them out into stores, but the agent has advised they are available. They are most likely made in Japan and their release over in Asia before US would not at all surprise me, it has happened before with other Shure products.

As I write this reply, I just received a call back from Shure Hong Kong and they have advised me that early delivery woud be in fact January, 2012 (not a long wait) and I am placed onto the waiting list for first batch. No actual price can be given at this time.

darthsmile.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #98 of 2,282

Quote:
Hopefully I won't have been shot in the knee by an arrow for *just* getting the SRH940's recently. 
tongue.gif

X2

Looks like i did though. Same thing happened when i got my srh840. I owned the flagship for a couple weeks then they released a new flagship.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #99 of 2,282

Quote:
X2

Looks like i did though. Same thing happened when i got my srh840. I owned the flagship for a couple weeks then they released a new flagship.

No worries, the SRH-840 is still a very good headphone and I love mine to bits! 
darthsmile.gif
 Remember, there will always be newer models and new flagships.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #101 of 2,282
subbd, these look promising! Awaiting Jude's review :)   head-fi tv episode???!  

M

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #103 of 2,282
Can't wait for some reviews honestly. Still probably going to make the HD650 my next headphone(it being my dream phone some years back doesn't hurt <_<) but these two cans and the HD700 are going to make it a toughie. The Shure fans make it hard to let them go unconsidered
dt880smile.png

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #104 of 2,282

Quote:
Can't wait for some reviews honestly. Still probably going to make the HD650 my next headphone(it being my dream phone some years back doesn't hurt <_<) but these two cans and the HD700 are going to make it a toughie. The Shure fans make it hard to let them go unconsidered
dt880smile.png

haha i'm in the same boat ^^ definitely looking toward a HD650 in the future, but those 1840's sure do look nice x.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back