Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #3,661 of 3,855
Quote:
Hi.
I just ordered Shure SRH 940. But the price in this store is very low (230$). I'm afraid it can be fake. Can u tell me, how can i recognize a fake in this headphone? Where to look?   
Thank u and sorry for bad English.

I sold mine for less than $200 I think long ago... so it wouldn't be a surprise to see stores might have them at that price new now (heck, with coupons you can buy them for similar prices on earphonesolutions.com or similar stores...). So no, I doubt you get a "fake"... Used these go for much lower now too... Enjoy! 

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #3,664 of 3,855
Thanks to all. I got my Shure 940, and its seems alright. 
I read in another topik here that this headphone very fragile. Is it right? I must be very careful with them? 

If you have a big head there is a risk of breaking. Personally the headphone headband is very big, I normally put it at it's smallest setting or close when i put them on. If you need to put a big setting then the risk is bigger. If you can use it at it's smallest setting then the risk is also very small.

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #3,666 of 3,855
Thinking about buying these or the SRH840s, would the 840s suffice for entry level? or should i go for the 940s?

I have a slightly large head, but not too large, and i dont want my headphones breaking the day i buy them haha

thanks to anyone who replies :)

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #3,667 of 3,855
  Thinking about buying these or the SRH840s, would the 840s suffice for entry level? or should i go for the 940s?

I have a slightly large head, but not too large, and i dont want my headphones breaking the day i buy them haha

thanks to anyone who replies :)

To be honest, 940 is a beast. It gets bit of hate from lots of users because they claim they sound "unnatural and thin". Coming from UERM, one of the most neutral sounding iem, I can clearly tell that SRH940 is not unnatural. It does have a hint of harshness, but they are very neutral sounding. SRH840 is what I would call warm sounding. Slight coloration, but a good entry level. However, level of clarity and detail SRH940 has is a different game.

People lost sense of what "natural" sound is. So many people are used to colored phones and uncolored phones sound thin and unnatural.

They are not that weak btw. They with stood 14hours of flight in a duffle bag without its case. As long as you take care when you are putting them on and taking them off, they should last you at least for a year. Shure also replaces them rather well, so don't worry too much. Expect full 2 years of use, as Shure(USA at least) honors the warranty very well.

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #3,669 of 3,855
I love my 940s. So much that I'm leaning towards the 1840 as my next upgrade instead of the HE500. The 840s are nice too. More bass but less midrange clarity.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If you really like the signature of the 940's I don't know if either of those are upgrades. 1840's are much more laid back and less exciting I found.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #3,671 of 3,855
any1 know if the shure 440 headphone can take all the pads available up to 1540 or only certain ones?

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #3,672 of 3,855
  any1 know if the shure 440 headphone can take all the pads available up to 1540 or only certain ones?

The earpads are all the same size because the driver housing is construction is the same from the 240 till the 1840. It's just the earcup design that is different for the 1440 and 1840.

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #3,673 of 3,855
I wish they do a complete overhaul on the physical appearance of these phones. 
The sound quality is already well regarded, and obviously they are a lot of fans here
But look at the competition, even lesser & dubious brands have invested a lot on
the build quality of their phones. 

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #3,674 of 3,855
  I wish they do a complete overhaul on the physical appearance of these phones. 
The sound quality is already well regarded, and obviously they are a lot of fans here
But look at the competition, even lesser & dubious brands have invested a lot on
the build quality of their phones. 

Look at SRH1540! Complete overhaul to their closed back design! Complete overhaul on the price too....

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #3,675 of 3,855

The SRH1540 features individually matched neodymium drivers, detachable oxygen-free cable with Kevlar-reinforced jacket, fully adjustable padded headband, lightweight construction for long-wearing comfort, and spacious, rich sound on the level of studio monitors. A storage case, threaded 1/4-inch adapter, replacement cable, and Alcantara ear pads are included.

Very nice! Keeping up with competition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back