Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #13,726 of 22,945

You could kill two birds with one stone and pre-order the Shure KSE1500 IEMs.

(I really, Really, REALLY love my 846's!!)

3000$ for a pair of IEM's is out of my price range.  1k is really pushing it for me in the IEM game, but I really hope that the se846 are "end game" quality in terms of IEM's. 

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #13,727 of 22,945
Lcd 4 go big or go home.
L3000.gif

The only reason I have not is that my modded th900 overlaps that sound type, so a tinch redundant however they are not quiet the same​

Only reason why I am not considering the th900 is the soundstage is not the same as an open back competitor.  And the LCD-4 is well past my price range, even 1000+ is pushing it, but I gotta live a little. 

Dec 30, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #13,729 of 22,945

Lcd 4 go big or go home.
L3000.gif

The only reason I have not is that my modded th900 overlaps that sound type, so a tinch redundant however they are not quiet the same​

Only reason why I am not considering the th900 is the soundstage is not the same as an open back competitor.  And the LCD-4 is well past my price range, even 1000+ is pushing it, but I gotta live a little. 

just as an fyi the th900 is closed in name only. If you have not tried it you should. Less mids than 846 tho, but i get it. I have hd800s on order as a compliment to it.

Dec 30, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #13,730 of 22,945

And so I need to also cut the blue plugs to make them smaller in length? The amazon ones seem really long

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #13,731 of 22,945
That is their quoted repair cost. You must return out of warranty report ear bud and they replace it, as it's not efficient to open and repair it. I looked into it when I returned a second pair in two weeks at the end of my two year warranty. I thought it was the cable. They sent me a new box off the shelf.
Nokia Lover, PM me if you're interested in buying the new boxed SE846 they sent me. I have the $0 invoice showing it was shipped 12/21. I thought they were going to deny second claim and purchased a new, open box set.They're brand new and complete set, just taken out of box to test. I'm going to sell both sets and buy the new KSE 1500 electrostatics. I'll sell for $865 if I don't have to go on EBay.

I may be interested if still available. 

Let me know. 

Regards.

Pedro

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #13,732 of 22,945
So now that I'm not going to own or promote the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves (SCS) for the 846's any longer, I'm shopping for something as close to the original grey silicon tips (med) as possible. I've never really liked the foam tips all that much.

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #13,733 of 22,945
Pedro,
I just received the moderator's welcome message after reading your pm. Looks like I'm limited to one per day and I shouldn't have indicated anything for sale. I'll send your my personal email tomorrow.
Sorry, head-fi. I've been a fly on the wall here for months and value being a member now. I didn't mean to break any rules.

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #13,734 of 22,945

You could kill two birds with one stone and pre-order the Shure KSE1500 IEMs.

(I really, Really, REALLY love my 846's!!)

3000$ for a pair of IEM's is out of my price range.  1k is really pushing it for me in the IEM game, but I really hope that the se846 are "end game" quality in terms of IEM's. 

I hear you loud and clear. I was so very happy with my SE 535s and I was horrified with how expensive the 846s are but now that I have the 846s I could not be happier. I am hoping not to extend that thinking into the KSE 1500s but who knows? I have been so happy with Shure for so long now. I started with the 530s, which I still have. I got my 846s on Massdrop so it was a tad less expensive. At my computer I lisen to PSB M4U2 headphones and I sometimes dream about LCD phones. So far I have been able to resist. I'm still thinking there will be a Mojo in my future.

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #13,735 of 22,945
Hi guys i'm wondering if you can help me.

i'm using my black filters since i got my 846.
i see alot of you guys using blue and blue filter mods.
but i cannot find the impressions on black filter mod.
can anyone of you describe the sound of the black filter mod?

thanks a million.

Dec 31, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #13,736 of 22,945
Wait a minute, I've missed something this whole time,

I modded the blue filters, took the 2 (on each filter) foams out, but it looks lie people take the white part from the bottom off too?

Is this replaceable? How does it sound compared to blue filter mod (just the foams inside removed)?

I'm curious but only got 2 blue filters

Dec 31, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #13,737 of 22,945
Wait a minute, I've missed something this whole time,

I modded the blue filters, took the 2 (on each filter) foams out, but it looks lie people take the white part from the bottom off too?

Is this replaceable? How does it sound compared to blue filter mod (just the foams inside removed)?

I'm curious but only got 2 blue filters

Don't think you should mess with the bottom. The foams closest to the open end of the filter are the ones you should remove, and that's it.

Dec 31, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #13,740 of 22,945
I wish someone could explain what different tips change the sound and how do they change it, anyone have experience with lots of different tips ect?

The reason it is so difficult to explain is because everyone hears differently. The effect of changing tips has more to do with getting a tight seal in your ear canal. The possible exception is the various types of memory foam around. The foam does effect the sound since it is sound absorbing material. Silicone tips will all sound pretty much the same once you get a solid seal. The problem is that different tips may seal in your ears but not in mine. There is also the issue on insertion depth. The deeper you go the more bass effect. So...regrettably, what works or sounds good for someone else may not work for you at all. You must start with those provided with your iem then if you are not satisfied try some of the popular brands until you get a good fit. Oh yes, there is the comfort issue also. Some tips may seal like a locked door and feel uncomfortable. Only you can judge for yourself what works for your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back