Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #22,936 of 22,945
Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you:thumbsup:. If you'd like, when I get home from work tonight I can measure and take comparison photos between the two, before you commit to a purchase.
Yes that would be most helpful as I never realised there were larger foam tips with long length other than the Shure and Westone which are the two I currently use.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #22,937 of 22,945
Have compared the spin fit with the stock Shure foam tips? I tried the spinfit CP100 and I didn't like the bass coming from them. Also the foam tips did a much better job of canceling outside noise. Might test a little more to see if notice anything different.
Yes I compared all of the tips I had. Sound isolation with foam was slightly better than the Spinfits but there was no loss in bass with the Spinfits and the comfort was better. It was worth the trade-off.

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #22,939 of 22,945
Yes I compared all of the tips I had. Sound isolation with foam was slightly better than the Spinfits but there was no loss in bass with the Spinfits and the comfort was better. It was worth the trade-off.
Thanks I'll try them again and compare.

On a side note awesome how helpful everyone is on here. Appreciate it.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #22,940 of 22,945
Not a problem, I'll follow up with you on this later today.
I have emailed ISOtunes and they got back with a diagram showing all the diameter sizes. The size large is 15mm, the same as Westone and Comply professional tips. I think that is pretty standard diameter in the size of large foam in long length.
Good job I enquired I was going to hit the buy button as you sounded so confident.
Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #22,941 of 22,945
I have emailed ISOtunes and they got back with a diagram showing all the diameter sizes. The size large is 15mm, the same as Westone and Comply professional tips. I think that is pretty standard diameter in the size of large foam in long length.
Good job I enquired I was going to hit the buy button as you sounded so confident.
Thanks anyway.
I'd be surprised to learn that they're exactly the same, and will be surprised to see if they appear the same side-by-side. The tips are slightly tapered, so I'm now wondering if they're "15mm" at the end of the taper (the narrowest point of the tip). We'll get a conclusive answer on measurements when I get home, but for further anecdotal evidence, the Shure large tips do not fill out my ear canal, and these Isotunes tips completely stuff them. Eager to do this little bit of testing.

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #22,942 of 22,945
I'd be surprised to learn that they're exactly the same, and will be surprised to see if they appear the same side-by-side. The tips are slightly tapered, so I'm now wondering if they're "15mm" at the end of the taper (the narrowest point of the tip). We'll get a conclusive answer on measurements when I get home, but for further anecdotal evidence, the Shure large tips do not fill out my ear canal, and these Isotunes tips completely stuff them. Eager to do this little bit of testing.
It was the Comply Professional foam tips and Westone foam tips both in size large with long length I was asking you to compare the ISOtune tips to. I said Shure earlier as that is what the Comply Professional foam tips are suitable for.

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #22,943 of 22,945
@mrdeadfolx

I purchased some of the ISOtune tips and was disappointed to find they are not the expanding foam type.
You can not roll them to reduce there size to allow easier and deeper insertion so because of this I find them a lot more uncomfortable.
Weston and Comply expanding foam tips are much better for me especially with comfort.

Apr 26, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #22,944 of 22,945
@mrdeadfolx

I purchased some of the ISOtune tips and was disappointed to find they are not the expanding foam type.
You can not roll them to reduce there size to allow easier and deeper insertion so because of this I find them a lot more uncomfortable.
Weston and Comply expanding foam tips are much better for me especially with comfort.
Thank you, those won't work for me either. Do you find that Comply tips lose the memory effect after only a week or so? Way before they tear or get too dirty I find they spring back instantly and are useless.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #22,945 of 22,945
Thank you, those won't work for me either. Do you find that Comply tips lose the memory effect after only a week or so? Way before they tear or get too dirty I find they spring back instantly and are useless.
I am currently using the Westone foam tips in size large. These are the expanding foam as well like the Comply and I am finding them to be very comfortable and they are slightly larger than the Comply foam tips which helps with the seal. The Westone seems to have a better foam so hopefully longer lasting.

The ISOtune I only wore for a few hours and they were not very comfortable, the Westone are much better for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back