Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #22,921 of 22,945
Confirmed with Shure that the battery life of the first adapter that connects will be lower because it is the primary in the connection with transmitting Bluetooth device/phone. They recommend making sure you alternate which one connects first to optimize battery longevity. Set option not to turn on automatically in app when removed from charging case so you manually power them on. Android phones will connect at highest quality codec which will reduce battery run time VS Apple.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #22,923 of 22,945
You can use other tips made for larger nozzles. Many include little sleeves/inserts that go over the Shure Nozzle and then the tip over that. SpinFit includes them in some of theirs. Below is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z737MCR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
I have tried a lot of tips over the years costing me money you name it I've tried it but never found any of the tips to give a proper seal.
I think I must have a slightly bigger than average ear canal.
The only tips that work for me are the comply professional tips in size large. These work due to the long overall length and when rolled and inserted into the ear the expanding memory foam gives me a good seal.
That is why I asked on here if there are alternative iem's with the same size small bore diameter as the Shure se846 as I have looked myself but there is not a lot of alternatives.
Westone was one iem I found that have decent reviews if anyone can give me others to look at it will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #22,924 of 22,945
20240413_180014_HDR.jpg

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #22,925 of 22,945
I have large ear canals as well so understand your frustration. I am using double flange on my 846s and on my U12ts but with those I don't push the tip as far as I can over the nozzle which gives better seal on my Ut12s say maybe you can go with a wider nozzle width and play with how far you push the tip on the nozzle. I can eat and do whatever and it keeps the seal. Foam tips have never worked well for me. On my Blessing3s I can use wide bore shorter tip and it seals well probably because of the IEM shape which is on the large size.

How do you like the Ifi Go?

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #22,926 of 22,945
I have large ear canals as well so understand your frustration. I am using double flange on my 846s and on my U12ts but with those I don't push the tip as far as I can over the nozzle which gives better seal on my Ut12s say maybe you can go with a wider nozzle width and play with how far you push the tip on the nozzle. I can eat and do whatever and it keeps the seal. Foam tips have never worked well for me. On my Blessing3s I can use wide bore shorter tip and it seals well probably because of the IEM shape which is on the large size.

How do you like the Ifi Go?
Do you know what brand double flange tips make the biggest diameter?

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #22,929 of 22,945
I have tried a lot of tips over the years costing me money you name it I've tried it but never found any of the tips to give a proper seal.
I think I must have a slightly bigger than average ear canal.
The only tips that work for me are the comply professional tips in size large. These work due to the long overall length and when rolled and inserted into the ear the expanding memory foam gives me a good seal.
That is why I asked on here if there are alternative iem's with the same size small bore diameter as the Shure se846 as I have looked myself but there is not a lot of alternatives.
Westone was one iem I found that have decent reviews if anyone can give me others to look at it will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Man, I don't know if you've tried IsoTunes large foam tips, but if you haven't, I really recommend them. I have very large ear canals and have a hell of a time finding tips that will achieve a proper seal. These are longer and larger than any other foam tips I've tried, and I can get a very solid seal with them on both Shure and Westone IEMs.

https://isotunes.com/products/isotu...elling_plan=1255801017&variant=40118869721273

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #22,930 of 22,945
Man, I don't know if you've tried IsoTunes large foam tips, but if you haven't, I really recommend them. I have very large ear canals and have a hell of a time finding tips that will achieve a proper seal. These are longer and larger than any other foam tips I've tried, and I can get a very solid seal with them on both Shure and Westone IEMs.

https://isotunes.com/products/isotu...elling_plan=1255801017&variant=40118869721273
Are these just the same size bore as the Shure Professional foam tips I am currently using? I would like to know if these long and large foam tips are available in a larger bore size as I have not seen any?

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #22,931 of 22,945
So I tried a few different tips. Azla SednaEarfit Max/Crystal and Spinfit CP100/CP240. I prefer both of the Spinfits. The mounting is a lot easier and they fit into my ears better. I don't like that the Nozzle presses against the filter on the Max. There might be some SQ loss there but I didn't really notice anything significant. Everything clings onto the Crystals so they look terrible after a few uses. The Spinfit CP100 is shorter so you get a bit more bass than the Max. I like the CP240 as well since you get more treble just by swapping from the CP100. You just lose the bass feeling but it's still there. I found that ML Azlas and L Spinfits work for my ear holes. I'll be using the CP100 as my daily over any of the bundled tips.
Have compared the spin fit with the stock Shure foam tips? I tried the spinfit CP100 and I didn't like the bass coming from them. Also the foam tips did a much better job of canceling outside noise. Might test a little more to see if notice anything different.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #22,932 of 22,945
Are these just the same size bore as the Shure Professional foam tips I am currently using? I would like to know if these long and large foam tips are available in a larger bore size as I have not seen any?
The inner bore (the rubber inner piece) is the same size as Shure foam tips, meaning they fit Shure IEMs, but the outer foam is much larger and denser. If Shure's Professional foam tips came in an "XXL + long" size, I think they'd look something like this.

I don't believe the IsoTunes come in other inner bore sizes, or at least not to my knowledge.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #22,933 of 22,945
I love the SE846 V2s paired with both the iFi Go Pods. Great sound synergy and loads of power. If you're looking for a wireless solution for your SE846s that isn't the grossly underpowered Shure TWS, you can't go wrong with the Go Pods.
I was using mine with the Fiio UTWS5 and I enjoyed them a lot. Tested the Go Pods and did notice it had better sound overall. Is it worth for the price? I'm not sure for some but I decided to buy them. One thing I don't like about the Go Pods is the size of the case. Also not I hope it's not an issue but I also noticed that it was a little hard to disconnect the IEMs from the adapters. Maybe it was just the ones I tested but I hope it's not the case when I receive mine. I also tried the Shure TWS2 and I think the Fiio is better sound wise.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #22,934 of 22,945
The inner bore (the rubber inner piece) is the same size as Shure foam tips, meaning they fit Shure IEMs, but the outer foam is much larger and denser. If Shure's Professional foam tips came in an "XXL + long" size, I think they'd look something like this.

I don't believe the IsoTunes come in other inner bore sizes, or at least not to my knowledge.
So have you compared the Size Large of the Shure foam tips to the IsoTunes in Large and confirm for me IsoTunes are bigger in diameter? I can not seem to find any information showing their diameter. Looking at the photo of them they look the same size and diameter as the Large Shure but hard to tell from a photo on the web?

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #22,935 of 22,945
So have you compared the Size Large of the Shure foam tips to the IsoTunes in Large and confirm for me IsoTunes are bigger in diameter? I can not seem to find any information showing their diameter. Looking at the photo of them they look the same size and diameter as the Large Shure but hard to tell from a photo on the web?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you:thumbsup:. If you'd like, when I get home from work tonight I can measure and take comparison photos between the two, before you commit to a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back