Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #13,711 of 22,946
I love my se846, I find them soo good, I've tested other high end iem like k3003/ie800/jh13/ue. And se846 sounds the best to me, however I bet CIEM are much better, I wonder how much better the sensaphonics sleeves make the se846 sound, due to better isolation

Mojo on the way, and I hear it's nice with the se846

Welcome to the SE846 club and as I said the pairing of the 8s with the Mojo is beautiful. One piece of advice, do not forget about the different filters. For 2 1/2 years I listened almost exclusively to the white filters. Since, adding the Mojo I changed to the modded blue filters. You have at least 6 different filter combinations to organically shape the sound to your personal tastes.

Dec 30, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #13,712 of 22,946
So I am highly considering to purchase these earphones as I only hear great things about them, but I am also considering of getting the Audeze LCD-2.   From some of the research that I have done apparently both products have a similar sound signature.  The thing is that I don't any pair of IEM's so I am leaning towards the Shure's.  Now I have listened to the Audeze LCD-2, and LCD-3, and LCD-X and can say that I really loved the sound that came out of all of them.  I was gifted a pair of hifiman he-400i's for christmas so maybe getting the Audeze's might be a little redundant.  What are your thoughts?

Dec 30, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #13,713 of 22,946
  So I am highly considering to purchase these earphones as I only hear great things about them, but I am also considering of getting the Audeze LCD-2.   From some of the research that I have done apparently both products have a similar sound signature.  The thing is that I don't any pair of IEM's so I am leaning towards the Shure's.  Now I have listened to the Audeze LCD-2, and LCD-3, and LCD-X and can say that I really loved the sound that came out of all of them.  I was gifted a pair of hifiman he-400i's for christmas so maybe getting the Audeze's might be a little redundant.  What are your thoughts?

You could kill two birds with one stone and pre-order the Shure KSE1500 IEMs.

(I really, Really, REALLY love my 846's!!)

Dec 30, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #13,714 of 22,946
Dec 30, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #13,717 of 22,946

Lcd 4 go big or go home.:L3000:

The only reason I have not is that my modded th900 overlaps that sound type, so a tinch redundant however they are not quiet the same.

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #13,718 of 22,946

U allredy got the big ones, might as well. Get se846 as it. Won't disappointed

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #13,719 of 22,946
That is their quoted repair cost. You must return out of warranty report ear bud and they replace it, as it's not efficient to open and repair it. I looked into it when I returned a second pair in two weeks at the end of my two year warranty. I thought it was the cable. They sent me a new box off the shelf.
Nokia Lover, PM me if you're interested in buying the new boxed SE846 they sent me. I have the $0 invoice showing it was shipped 12/21. I thought they were going to deny second claim and purchased a new, open box set.They're brand new and complete set, just taken out of box to test. I'm going to sell both sets and buy the new KSE 1500 electrostatics. I'll sell for $865 if I don't have to go on EBay.

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #13,720 of 22,946
great fit, comfort and isolation plus cheap. did it today. i am getting better isolation and comfort than the large olives. thought i'd post some pics.

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #13,721 of 22,946
I'm still grooving on westone star tips. Perfect fit, love that light medical grade rubber, very little ear wax stick as well. Fortunate no need to go with customs.

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #13,723 of 22,946
I'd like to try, how do I make that, where do I buy

wax guards from olives (small olives in my case because i don't use them due to fit issues).
2nd pic : cap the screwdriver's tip with one of the wax guards and pull the foam on to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Hearos-Ear-Plugs-Xtreme-Protection/dp/B000NP79YM/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1451498757&sr=1-3&keywords=hearos

http://www.amazon.com/Hearos-Xtreme-Protection-14-Pair-Foam/dp/B001EPQ86A/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1451498757&sr=1-1&keywords=hearos

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #13,724 of 22,946
I'm still grooving on westone star tips. Perfect fit, love that light medical grade rubber, very little ear wax stick as well. Fortunate no need to go with customs.

Same here.
Which ones are you using? I'm switching between the red and blacks, but can't decide which..

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #13,725 of 22,946

Same here.
Which ones are you using? I'm switching between the red and blacks, but can't decide which..

had to look its been so long. Red perfect fit for my canals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back