Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 27, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #22,877 of 22,945
Be super careful with Amazon. They sent me a sealed box with everything in there except the IEMs.

I can relate to that. Purchased my SE846 for a whooping 50% off, in late 2020. Condition was set to new, but ended up receiving an open box. After close examination, decided to keep the little Shures, as everything was like new inside. Probably the best deal I had on 4 years in this hobby.
1711580373824.png

But yeah, purchasing from amazon can be tricky when other parties are to ship the product.

Pic or didn't happen: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
1711580776266.png

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #22,878 of 22,945
I moved up to the Comply large tips and they seal perfectly. I’ll try the triple flanges next but I’m pretty happy with the Comply. I just need to see if they hurt after a while.

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #22,879 of 22,945
So I listened to them for about 3 hours with the Comply L without issue. I had forgotten how comfortable the SE846 is. They disappear quickly and stay snug when working out with the TW2. The companion app to the TW2 does not seem to detect the earphone in wired mode so it does not apply the EQ preset designed for the earphones. I prefer the EQ tuned BT connection instead of the wired one to my phone. The only downside is I could use one more notch of volume since they get louder with the wire.

A big positive for me is the microphone on the TW2. I've made calls with many different BT earphones and none came close to the mic quality on the TW2. It's crystal clear. Basically sounds the same as using my phone mic. Overall I'm happy with the SE846.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #22,881 of 22,945
So I listened to them for about 3 hours with the Comply L without issue. I had forgotten how comfortable the SE846 is. They disappear quickly and stay snug when working out with the TW2. The companion app to the TW2 does not seem to detect the earphone in wired mode so it does not apply the EQ preset designed for the earphones. I prefer the EQ tuned BT connection instead of the wired one to my phone. The only downside is I could use one more notch of volume since they get louder with the wire.

A big positive for me is the microphone on the TW2. I've made calls with many different BT earphones and none came close to the mic quality on the TW2. It's crystal clear. Basically sounds the same as using my phone mic. Overall I'm happy with the SE846.
Make sure you select Aonic 215 instead of SE846 to get the increased volume. Easy hack!

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #22,883 of 22,945

Assuming you have the latest firmware, the EQ is saved on the TW2 adapters themselves, not in the app, which is why it doesn't work wired. This means your EQ will still be applied even if you dont open the app or if you pair the TW2 with a device that doesnt even have the app installed. Also, if you change phones, you will be able to see the same settings on your TW2 using the app on that other phone and change such settings using any device with the app installed on it (including your custom EQ settings). The app is for the Shure bluetooth devices only and, in my opinion, actually works really well. Have used it with my TW2 and Aonic 50, which unfortunately broke yesterday (very sad). What I really like about the TW2 is that everything seems well thought out and implemented and it seems to just work as intended.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #22,884 of 22,945
Assuming you have the latest firmware, the EQ is saved on the TW2 adapters themselves, not in the app, which is why it doesn't work wired. This means your EQ will still be applied even if you dont open the app or if you pair the TW2 with a device that doesnt even have the app installed. Also, if you change phones, you will be able to see the same settings on your TW2 using the app on that other phone and change such settings using any device with the app installed on it (including your custom EQ settings). The app is for the Shure bluetooth devices only and, in my opinion, actually works really well. Have used it with my TW2 and Aonic 50, which unfortunately broke yesterday (very sad). What I really like about the TW2 is that everything seems well thought out and implemented and it seems to just work as intended.
Ah that's pretty cool. Yeah the software is really nice. Zero complaints with it.

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #22,886 of 22,945
What tips do you use for the gym? Tried out olives today, but my right ear rejected it :rolling_eyes:
The Comply ones stayed in and didn’t slip out. I’m going to try the silicone ones later since I don’t see them lasting in the gym tbh.

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #22,887 of 22,945
I got my TW2 today. Range is good with my phone but not laptop and volume WAY too low. The suggested hack to choose SE215 made sound weird but did increase volume a little. The mic quality is excellent for calls. The lack of volume likely enough for me to return these. Shure should know better! If I could get the volume up the quality would likely be very good but with it so low can't really enjoy what I am listening too like I can wired. I can't imagine using the TW2 in a noisy environment and anyone being satisfied. I can't recommend these to any audiophile.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #22,888 of 22,945
I got my TW2 today. Range is good with my phone but not laptop and volume WAY too low. The suggested hack to choose SE215 made sound weird but did increase volume a little. The mic quality is excellent for calls. The lack of volume likely enough for me to return these. Shure should know better! If I could get the volume up the quality would likely be very good but with it so low can't really enjoy what I am listening too like I can wired. I can't imagine using the TW2 in a noisy environment and anyone being satisfied. I can't recommend these to any audiophile.
They sound softer with the laptop vs your phone? That's strange.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #22,890 of 22,945
The Comply ones stayed in and didn’t slip out. I’m going to try the silicone ones later since I don’t see them lasting in the gym tbh.
Azla sedna ear fit - the black ones. I go running with these TW2/535s and I don’t have to touch them, sometimes over an hour. Also I found the L size 14mm a hair tight so I tried the ML on my 846s and they feel good (my ears need the L size Shure foams and olives to get bass)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back