Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #2,236 of 4,022

Quote:
Just got the Shure 535 after using the 500's for several years. Ergonomically this are superior. Once you get them set in your ear, they feel comfortable and have a better fit than I achieved with the 500s. They just dont stick out as far :) which is a good thing!
My initial impression is that the soundstage separation is improved and that the midrange is more pronounced.
Can't wait to see if I can get better isolation during air travel. I'll find out next week.

I dig the "flat" profile, too (coming from SE530's, which were more bulbous) ... took a bit adjusting to seating the IEM's but in the end, the less bulky profile of the SE535's is better. Especially for wearing to sleep... 

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #2,238 of 4,022
just bought the se535 but red special edition. loving the sound but i notice that the tri flange tips give a clearer and tighter sound compared to the olives. They're very uncomfrotable though. can anyone suggest tips that sound better than olives but more comfortable than tri flange?

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #2,239 of 4,022

Quote:
just bought the se535 but red special edition. loving the sound but i notice that the tri flange tips give a clearer and tighter sound compared to the olives. They're very uncomfrotable though. can anyone suggest tips that sound better than olives but more comfortable than tri flange?

Lol, how the hell did you get the tri-flange tips into your ears? They're so long haha, I have always had issues with tri-flanges tho. Never got a seal with them and always painful to my ears. I currently use the olives and love them, got Comply Tips on the way tho so I might start use them, we'll see.

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #2,240 of 4,022
I didnt force mine all the way in.. i push mine just enough to create a perfect seal.

Anyway I read that you could actually trim the flanges :)

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #2,241 of 4,022
i used to use er4p tro flabgers so im used to deep inserts but tuat was a few months ago so thats why they hurt abit now. i would say the main culprit dor them being so long is the stem actually. if that can be cut...

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #2,242 of 4,022
Although it's not a review specifically about the SE535, some might find it interesting how I compared the TDK BA100 to the SE535:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585425/the-tdk-ba100-like-beige-wallpaper-but

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #2,247 of 4,022
Quote:
No, comply doesn't make the best tips for anything.  It's all personal preference my friend.

Correct, that's just my opinion. Why do object?

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #2,248 of 4,022
Maybe prefaced with "In my opinion..." would have been better?

I hate the Comply tips on any IEM other than ones that are super-bright.  I find they muffle the sound.  You just stated it like a fact and not an opinion.

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #2,249 of 4,022
Quote:
Maybe prefaced with "In my opinion..." would have been better?

I hate the Comply tips on any IEM other than ones that are super-bright.  I find they muffle the sound.  You just stated it like a fact and not an opinion.

I understand, ill compare and share my results.

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #2,250 of 4,022

Quote:
Are these a good upgrade for someone who really likes their Shure E4c's?

Edit:  Also, what are people doing to reduce the sensitivity of the SE535's?  The E4c's are 109dB/mW efficient and they reveal background hiss in a lot of gear.  The SE535's are 10dB more efficient at 119dB/mW.  I shudder to think how much worse they'd be.  Is everyone using the inline volume control to dial them back?

For shure its a good upgrade!   I get this e4c many years ago, but this 535, is different signature, different sound. Reducing senst?? why for?? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back