Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #2,251 of 4,022

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.  FWIW, I ended up going with the Westone 4's instead of the SE535 after a lot of thread reading in this section of Head-Fi.  We'll see if I made the right choice or not.

So, by the time, have you made a good décision choice or not?  Still waiting for your comments on it!   
L3000.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #2,252 of 4,022

Quote:
I'm a long time Shure fan and have invested a lot of £££'s into the brand - no more., E2/E4/E530 & E535.  I've never been enamoured by them and have sold each after 6months or so. I'll be honest I got sucked in by the hype from reading threads on Head-Fi etc.  The build quality and soundstage of the E535 was the best out of all of them - very happy with that aspect.  It's a toss up on the bass between 530 & 535, both are Bass light, don't buy these IEM's if you like Bass as you will be dissapointed - strokes DT770's & JLF113. 

I want to go custom, however my concerns are price/performance, what IEM can give me something approaching the Bass of my 770's?

All in my opinion of course, each to their own.

I think you can find your answer on this sit!  Somewhere in this headroom. Graphic comparaison phones! 

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #2,253 of 4,022

Quote:
just bought the se535 but red special edition. loving the sound but i notice that the tri flange tips give a clearer and tighter sound compared to the olives. They're very uncomfrotable though. can anyone suggest tips that sound better than olives but more comfortable than tri flange?

Again, make an ear impression and go for custom mold, (ear canal ou full shell) like my UM56 from Westone or other brand ... bass will be amplified. No need for amp with these iem. 
L3000.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #2,254 of 4,022

Quote:
Lol, how the hell did you get the tri-flange tips into your ears? They're so long haha, I have always had issues with tri-flanges tho. Never got a seal with them and always painful to my ears. I currently use the olives and love them, got Comply Tips on the way tho so I might start use them, we'll see.

Yea!! too long! lol... to get seal right, dud, you need to cut it at the first top and, remove  a piece of the buttom of the nozzle of the "christmas tree"! 

good luck dude!  (mais, attention aux épines du sapin!)     
wink_face.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #2,255 of 4,022

Quote:
A good substitute are the EarSonics "bi-flange" Silicone Tips.

I think the SE535s sound best with them.

You think? have you tested?  Is it sound good? For me the best is like i often said... go custom with earimpression and ear piece from some reputeds manufactures! fullshell or canal style!

L3000.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #2,256 of 4,022

Quote:
Comply makes the best tips for the SE535s. Im using them right now, and i find a huge difference from the stock tips.

Hi, can you post some pict of your Comply and where to get it in Canada, and, is it make different in form, desing  with the Olive foam one?  

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #2,257 of 4,022

Quote:
I understand, ill compare and share my results.

Yeah, good idea dude!  In my opinion, Your best is maybe not my preference!  In my opinion, custom, if you can afford it, may be the best solution of the disconfort and low bass issues! 

L3000.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #2,258 of 4,022
Quote:
Yeah, good idea dude!  In my opinion, Your best is maybe not my preference!  In my opinion, custom, if you can afford it, may be the best solution of the disconfort and low bass issues! 

L3000.gif

True, and i may be getting customs in a few weeks. But by the looks of things, neither of us have customs
tongue.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #2,259 of 4,022
Did somebody say SPAMMING??

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #2,260 of 4,022
im quite curious about the bi flange tips actually. I cut off the base of the christmas tree and they are abit more comfortable now :) didnt have to force in so much to have them hold in place in my ears. now feels like my old etys

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #2,262 of 4,022
I just bought a Fostex HP P1 outboard (portable) d/a converter and amp for my iPod... so now it's like a high-end audio rig that I can jog with. Question now is... what phones to use while jogging? I have a pair of B&W P5s that sound great for home listening and walking around, but they're heavy enough that I don't think they'll stay stead as I bounce around while jogging.

Would the Shures be good jogging phones? A lot of reviews here seem to be listening to them via the built in d/a and amp sections of their portable players... anybody using a high-end portable amp section or outboard d/a like in the Fostex? That could certainly affect the sonic characteristics of the sounds... especially in regards to bass and detail.

thanks!

-dave

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #2,263 of 4,022

Quote:
True, and i may be getting customs in a few weeks. But by the looks of things, neither of us have customs
tongue.gif

Na! not yet. Soon I gues!  My next step will be ES3x or ES5. 100,$ difference between the two... I see!  
wink_face.gif

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #2,264 of 4,022

Quote:

Of course custom is best, but I figured the context of the discussion was based on universal tips.

Yep, so! discusion is based also on the quality you can get with  plug like Westone UM56, that can fit on all Universal IEM  
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back