Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jul 3, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #2,207 of 4,022
Try the VSonic GR07

Quote:
Just curious, anyone know of IEM's that has bass response very similar to SE535 (fairly accurate/neutral, powerful and authoritative without being excessively bloated, nice sub-bass extension, and well-controlled)?

BTW, my SE535 is for sale (linked in my signature).

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #2,209 of 4,022
Just thought I'd share my most recent experience with Shure. I purchased a pair of second-hand SE535's not too long ago, and upon delivery, they were faulty. One earpiece experienced diminished sound, and there was no visible material clogging the nozzle. Fortunately, the seller provided his original Guitar Center receipt, with which I contacted Shure requesting service under warranty. Being that the warranty was under the original seller's name, I was informed that I shouldn't encounter any problems since the warranty is transferable. I sent the faulty pair back in, and only 4 days later, I received an email notifying me of a brand new replacement unit being dispatched! , only they weren't sending me the SE535, but instead, the SE535V! They arrived just minutes ago at my door, and I'm once again enjoying their blissful sound.

Hats off to Shure for their wonderful warranty coverage! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #2,210 of 4,022
Quote:
Just thought I'd share my most recent experience with Shure. I purchased a pair of second-hand SE535's not too long ago, and upon delivery, they were faulty. One earpiece experienced diminished sound, and there was no visible material clogging the nozzle. Fortunately, the seller provided his original Guitar Center receipt, with which I contacted Shure requesting service under warranty. Being that the warranty was under the original seller's name, I was informed that I shouldn't encounter any problems since the warranty is transferable. I sent the faulty pair back in, and only 4 days later, I received an email notifying me of a brand new replacement unit being dispatched, only they weren't sending me the SE535, but instead, the SE535V! They arrived just minutes ago at my door, and I'm once again enjoying their blissful sound.

Hats off to Shure for their wonderful warranty coverage! 
biggrin.gif

What's the V version?

Oct 31, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #2,213 of 4,022
Oct 31, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #2,215 of 4,022
Oct 31, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #2,216 of 4,022
 Ignore what I said... my 535's were detachable to begin with, and I'm only discovering it now. 
rolleyes.gif
 High five for stupid! *points to self* 
biggrin.gif

Even so, great service. Received a brand new replacement in less than a weeks time.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #2,217 of 4,022
Nov 5, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #2,218 of 4,022
My pair should be arriving next Fri (11/11/11) <-- (somehow the numerology in that date is strangely provocative to me but that's another post) ... and, I'm really stoked. 

As a very long time fan of the Shure SE530 ... I can't wait to compare them to the SE535's and find out, first hand, if the occasional review claims are true ... IE> that they rectify certain "weakness'" in the SE530's (my main interest, the rolled off treble, but also ... the "soundstage" comments are interesting).

I'm skeptical, myself .. just to be frank, as I know the drivers are (reportedly) identical between the two and so the only changes in voicing must surely come only from changes in the housing of the drivers, which can only affect so much (but certainly SOME).

But in the end, I will more appreciate and think it my money's worth to have detachable cables.

More later,.

Rock.

.j

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #2,219 of 4,022

Quote:
My pair should be arriving next Fri (11/11/11)

Mine arrived on this date too!  :D

First impression, after listening to just two songs, is that they sound great.  Very warm to my ears.  But the left side has a rattle if I lightly tap on it.  I removed the cable and the tip to verify that its coming from within the earphone itself.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

---

PSA: I got them for $400 at Earphone Solutions (http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-se535-headphones.html) with coupon code AMPD, which gave 20% off.  Not sure when it will expire...

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #2,220 of 4,022
I just received my pair of SE535's today and have listened for a while now...

As a very long time fan/user of the SE530's, I can honestly confirm that the sound signature is indeed a bit different than the 530's... albeit, not too drastically so.

Like the 530's before them, the 535's are on the warmish side, even a bit moreso than the 530's, I think.

Also, the bass is definitely more pronounced/up front...not in an exagerrated way but certainly ticked up in the mix over the 530's more neutral bass. In fact, for most music, I no longer feel the need to use my Arrow amps bass boost in the least as the 535's default signature sounds about like the 530's with the Arrows bass boost enabled (setting 1). The bass is without a doubt of the same flavor as the earlier 530's, but there's more of it. 

The treble/highs is as well slightly more present; this is a welcome change in my book.

And finally, strangely enough because I had doubts about this, the sound stage/spatial qualities of the sound are ever so slightly improved as well. 

All in all, I'm pleased. The slightly different tuning will take some getting used to as my brain still expects the super flat/neutral tone of the 530's but in the end, I think the 535's, though employing the same drivers as the 530's, is nonetheless a slightly bit more refined design than is the earlier Shures... 

And the detachable cables are awesome.

Rock.

.joel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back